Prejudiced

p kirkes

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2006
NW Louisiana
Usually means having an adverse opinion.

I was following the directions on my GPS to my son's new apartment, a renovated old school building, in the inner city of Saint Louis.

The GPS routed me from the expressway to the city streets and I immediately found myself in an older, poverty stricken, Black residential neighborhood.

My wife and I became very concerned because we are an older white couple in a newer car caught in very narrow streets with cars parked on both sides where only one car can transit at a time. The blocks were very short with a stop sign at each intersection. No escape in case of ambush, or so my past military training reminds me.

Families were on their porches or walking along the sidewalks but what gripped me was at each corner were what I perceived to be a threat. Six or more young black males socializing, on the curb or in the street. Talking very loud and very animated gesturing. Not at us, just between themselves.

Since I didn't know the area or how to exit, I felt it best to follow the GPS instructions. But it seemed to take me through every narrow street, YBM populated intersection, innumerable stop signs, without a thoroughfare in sight.

Was I afraid, you betcha. But why? No one in that neighborhood gave me a second
glance, or made advances or blandishments.

Later, we had occasion to drive Through a white neighborhood, college oriented, also with families on their front porches or lawns, people walking and groups of young white males chilling on the corners or walking along. I wasn't afraid there.

What has led me to believe that somehow the color of the community defines it's character?

Could it be the media reports that one in three black males has a criminal record, that the black people in America are hooked on drugs, that crime rates for blighted neighborhoods are astronomical or that black gangs rule the streets of neighborhoods..

But I prejudged that particuliar neighborhood without any information about it at all.

Last edited:
what if something had happened? even if it was just a jaywalker who stared you down as you had to stop to let him pass? would you still be feeling guilty?

are you now willing to take that same route again? would you take it every day? do you think that the black neighbourhood is just as safe as the white neighbourhood?

human beings usually look to minimize risk. therefore it is reasonable to avoid groups of young unknown men, even more reasonable to avoid groups of young, unknown, black men.

a thought experiment. millions of people risk a buck or two to play a lottery, knowing that they won't likely win. they don't care about the buck. but how many normal people would play a reverse lottery with the same millions to one odds, that paid them 5 or 10 dollars a chance when the 'winner' gets beaten to death? perhaps 5 out of 6 numbers only gets you raped? no, I dont think that type of lottery would get many players and rightly so. people spend big money to live in places that keep their families away from as much danger as possible.

I was following the directions on my GPS to my son's new apartment, a renovated old school building, in the inner city of Saint Louis.

The GPS routed me from the expressway to the city streets and I immediately found myself in an older, poverty stricken, Black residential neighborhood.

My wife and I became very concerned because we are an older white couple in a newer car caught in very narrow streets with cars parked on both sides where only one car can transit at a time. The blocks were very short with a stop sign at each intersection. No escape in case of ambush, or so my past military training reminds me.

Families were on their porches or walking along the sidewalks but what gripped me was at each corner were what I perceived to be a threat. Six or more young black males socializing, on the curb or in the street. Talking very loud and very animated gesturing. Not at us, just between themselves.

Since I didn't know the area or how to exit, I felt it best to follow the GPS instructions. But it seemed to take me through every narrow street, YBM populated intersection, innumerable stop signs, without a thoroughfare in sight.

Later, we had occasion to drive Through a white neighborhood, college oriented, also with families on their front porches or lawns, people walking and groups of young white males chilling on the corners or walking along. I wasn't afraid there.

What has led me to believe that somehow the color of the community defines it's character?

Could it be the media reports that one in three black males has a criminal record, that the black people in America are hooked on drugs, that crime rates for blighted neighborhoods are astronomical or that black gangs rule the streets of neighborhoods..

But I prejudged that particuliar neighborhood without any information about it at all.

OK, here's your information.

Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2008

When I lived in San Diego, I stayed a freinds house for a bit. It was in a poorer Black/hispanic section of town and it looked bad. Nothing ever happened. I moved into an apartment near Pacific Beach and it was a "nice" white college area and my damn car was stolen twice.

Here in Arizona, I work with a guy who lives in Scottsdale and his house was broken into and we have a kid who works here who lives in the "bad" section and nothing has ever happened to him.

You cant always tell by looking at the area, what will happen. They steal in Upper middle class white area's as well as poor black/hispanic ones.

When I lived in San Diego, I stayed a freinds house for a bit. It was in a poorer Black/hispanic section of town and it looked bad. Nothing ever happened. I moved into an apartment near Pacific Beach and it was a "nice" white college area and my damn car was stolen twice.

Here in Arizona, I work with a guy who lives in Scottsdale and his house was broken into and we have a kid who works here who lives in the "bad" section and nothing has ever happened to him.

You cant always tell by looking at the area, what will happen. They steal in Upper middle class white area's as well as poor black/hispanic ones.

Thanks for the feel-good CP PSA!

Here's the numbers again...

12% of the population commits half the crime.

Thanks for the feel-good CP PSA!

Here's the numbers again...

12% of the population commits half the crime.

I dont care what the numbers say, I know what my life is all about. Whenever people say all blacks this or that are wrong, I know whats going on in my house and with my family/friends.

We dont live like that. There are middle and upper middle class minorities ya know. Those numbers you are quoting are the reason why cops pull "certain" people over in whatever area...or why old ladies clutch their purses in elevators when certain people get on. I did an experiment in a place called Coronado once and watched who the cops pulled over. I watched for two days for four hours each day. All of them were minorities just trying to get to work on North island. Pathetic and its just an example. Same thing here in Scottsdale arizona.

All blacks are not represented by those numbers. No one in my family are represented by those numbers. They are all college educated and professional. All my family and all my friends.

Last edited:
What's even better, is when you bring an old white couple to a suburban neighborhood outside of a major city with $700,000 houses, well-taken care of green yards, 42k+ cars sitting in the driveways and then tell them the neighborhood is 90%+ black. They'll have a fit. Hahaha!

OK, here's your information.

I bet that makes your worthless existence seem just that much more important, doesn't it?

"Hell at least I'm better than 'somebody'".:lol:

What's even better, is when you bring an old white couple to a suburban neighborhood outside of a major city with $700,000 houses, well-taken care of green yards, 42k+ cars sitting in the driveways and then tell them the neighborhood is 90%+ black. They'll have a fit. Hahaha!

Hmmmm...my parents are an old white couple from the suburbs. When they visit me in Oakland, they don't have a fit.

Why do you think it would be funny if they did?

I bet that makes your worthless existence seem just that much more important, doesn't it?

"Hell at least I'm better than 'somebody'".:lol:

Your self-awareness is So Refreshing.

Hmmmm...my parents are an old white couple from the suburbs. When they visit me in Oakland, they don't have a fit.

:rolleyes: Referring more to the people in the OP. It's often a culture shock when people find out that not all of "us" live in broken down housing projects and not all of "us" that do end up statistics.

I don't know anyone who thinks all of one race is "the same".

If anything, the Democrat Party does more to promote a concept of sameness for blacks than anyone else I can think of. Just look at how conservative blacks are demonized for leaving the plantation.

Where does such a place exist? Other than your imagination.

:rolleyes: Referring more to the people in the OP. It's often a culture shock when people find out that not all of "us" live in broken down housing projects and not all of "us" that do end up statistics.

How do you explain the fact that blacks represent 12 percent of the population but account for 50 percent of the violent crime?

Where does such a place exist? Other than your imagination.

:lol: See an absolute culture shock. If you lived where I've lived it'd throw you into cardiac arrest.

I can take you down the street from where I live to Upper Marlboro, Maryland and show you some of the nicest mini-mansions (700k-1.5mil) you'll ever see in your life, complete with country clubs, golf courses, etc. My neighborhood isn't half bad either. The average price for a house is about 350k around here, the average income is somewhere around 55k-60k. Pretty decent living conditions in the Waldorf/Clinton area and crime is pretty much only non-violent. The zip codes in the area are largely 70-90 percent black. Temple Hills, Severn, Landover Hills, Camp Springs, Oxon Hill. Prince George's County as a whole has a huge black upper middle class population, something I wasn't used to moving here, but I got used to it and love it.
Prince George's County, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Montgomery County has some nice black neighborhoods to.

There are certain areas known specifically for being "upper class" African American neighborhoods like Baldwin Hills outside of Los Angeles. Lithonia, Georgia outside of Atlanta is absolutely beautiful. There are very nice areas of Raleigh and some pretty impressive black neighborhoods outside of Birmingham. Besides that I' can only tell you where I've been. I tend to be able to step outside of my tiny little box and experience life for what it really is instead of living in my own sick little racist world like yourself. Life is a lot easier and more fun that way. You meet new people, make a lot of friends, laugh a lot, go more places, your not afraid of people and constantly thinking of new conspiracies about how "they" are out to get "you". It's a cleaner clearer life. You should try it. I'd suggest moving to one of those areas. I heard Columbia, SC has some really nice black neighborhoods to even though I've never been there. In Georgia, Decatur, South Dekalb, and Panthersville are also really nice. Enjoy your stay in reality.

Last edited:

How do you explain the fact that blacks represent 12 percent of the population but account for 50 percent of the violent crime?

whiteys.jpg

Prohibition.

Didn't work out to well for white folks living in urban areas in the 20s. Now that there's prohibition in the cities involving drugs instead of alcohol it hasn't worked out to well for black folks who are now living in those same urban areas. Simple explanation. Simple solution. I guarantee you, end the drug war violent crime goes down, the incarceration rate of black males go down, the black drop out rate thus goes down, black violent crime goes down. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. When you create a vast underground black market you create gangs + violence.

New Topics

Forum List

Back