Pregnancy banned while deployed or Bill Clinton should talk to the troops on this one

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Pregnancy banned while deployed or Bill Clinton should talk to the troops on this one

Stripes:

The Army general commanding U.S. forces in northern Iraq has added pregnancy to the list of prohibitions for personnel under his command.

The policy, which went into effect Nov. 4, makes it possible to face punishment, including a court-martial and jail time, for becoming pregnant or impregnating a servicemember, according to the wording of the policy and confirmations from Army officials.

The rule governs all those serving under Maj. Gen. Anthony Cucolo III, who commands Multi-National Division-North, including Balad, Kirkuk, Tikrit, Mosul and Samarra. According to the order, it is “applicable to all United States military personnel, and to all civilians, serving with, employed by, or accompanying” the military in northern Iraq, with few exceptions.

Someone would violate the policy by “becoming pregnant, or impregnating a soldier, while assigned to the Task Force Marne (Area of Operations), resulting in the redeployment of the pregnant soldier,” according to the order.

The policy also applies to married couples who are at war together, Army spokesman Maj. Lee Peters told Stars and Stripes in an e-mail message. Both the husband and wife could face punishment under the policy.

Peters said that, despite the broad wording of the policy, it is meant to apply only when pregnancies affect a unit’s ability to perform its mission.

“When a soldier becomes pregnant or causes a soldier to become pregnant through consensual activity,” Peters said, “the redeployment of the pregnant soldier creates a void in the unit and has a negative impact on the unit’s ability to accomplish its mission. Another soldier must assume the pregnant soldier’s responsibilities.”

Comrades,

I do believe this is one area where former President Bill Clinton could use his experience and expertize to greatly help our troops.
Say what you want about Bill, but as far as we know, he has never "knocked up" anyone (besides Hillary).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Didn't we do this thread a few days ago?

And didn't Gen Odierno repeal the directive?

So that would make this whole thread moot wouldn't it?

I don't know if it was done a few days ago

But if so then you be right

Of course, apparently US Citizen through his "connections", has opened open some new areas of discussion
:eusa_shhh:

When the military decides you need a baby, they will issue you one.

Good point!

Which is the way our health care is heading under Papa Obama.
From the recent "success" of the Pork Bill to create jobs and the Cash for Clunkers, I have full confidence, the gov't will make the right decisions
:eusa_whistle:

He did? I must have missed that. I am a little disappointed. The only reason I can see for Odierno veto-ing it is that it is basically impossible to police the issue.

Forum List

Back