Preferences in color combinations of Websites

I like the USMB colors, ekrem. The very light blue is easier to look at than a true white would be, I think. If you are creating a website primarily for reading text, I suggest a light background and a dark font color. I'd avoid any colors that could appear to be "glowing", like bright yellow.

And not that it's a color, but I think most web sites use a default font that it way too small.

I agree with Maddy, true white as a background can be harsh when I'm reading text against it for a period of time. Any subtle color should work well as a background. Grays, blues, nothing with a glare.

I don't have a problem with deeper shades of red, but a screen full of bright red can be brutal.

I agree with Maddie (ouch) and Goldie.

One thing that really puts me off a website is flashing imagery and any kind of 'attention seeking' text.

Ok, I am almost done, maybe I need another 7-10 days.
I think, I am going with these colors:

web2l.png

web3rw.png

webn.png

web1.png

That's my server, which is running the site.
Debian 64bit.

webseitenlogik.png

Looks fancy, ekrem. What's the site about?

The content of the pictures is a site I ran till 2009. I closed it due to too much hate mongering from the users to avoid legal problems, which were lurking on the horizon.

It had about 200.000 posts, and the Database with Users and Posts I still use for testing, but is not available for public view.
Otherwise I have to generate fake LoremIpsum stuff for testing.

After I am finished with testing, I nuke away the old content (Posts, Users etc.).

Looks fancy, ekrem. What's the site about?

The content of the pictures is a site I ran till 2009. I closed it due to too much hate mongering from the users to avoid legal problems, which were lurking on the horizon.

It had about 200.000 posts, and the Database with Users and Posts I still use for testing, but is not available for public view.
Otherwise I have to generate fake LoremIpsum stuff for testing.

After I am finished with testing, I nuke away the old content (Posts, Users etc.).

Politics, eh?

Hello.
I am nearing to end a private Website-Project.
So, I wanted to hear your preferences in color combinations of Websites when it comes to long-time usability and pressure on the eye.

And what do you think of the color combinations of this Website:
(Although I would have done the main text color a true white and not a grey)
Monocolumn – After the shooting, the blame game begins [Monocle]

I prefer a light screen with dark contrasting letters. Not white. Blue/gray's Anything flashing is a BIG turn off.

If you have the option of offering different skins that is always the best. That way the user gets to pick the look that best suits them. Offer a few different choices, dark backgrounds and light ones. No one is ever going to happy so do what you like the best.

I prefer a light screen with dark contrasting letters. Not white. Blue/gray's Anything flashing is a BIG turn off.

If you have the option of offering different skins that is always the best. That way the user gets to pick the look that best suits them. Offer a few different choices, dark backgrounds and light ones. No one is ever going to happy so do what you like the best.

Thanks, I will consider your input.
I'll be posting some updates again in some days.

Forum List

Back