Predictions Without Reason

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Since my last general discussion starter worked so well, here's another one I hope will be fun to take part in:

What do you think the world will be like in 20 years? Before you answer, please no hard fact based predictions or predictions based on someone or something that everyone already knows, just your own ideas.

Here's mine:

I believe it will be business as usual for the most part, but with more toys to entertain us. Most people will never leave their homes except when needed. Personal communication will be a thing to be heard about when we 'remember the good ole days'. I also foresee our food becoming a grey paste without any flavor.

In 20 years my daughter will be 33-hopefully working in a career she loves, and maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll be a grandma!

Wait a minute. I went through recruit training years ago. I did the food as "grey paste without flavour" thing already...back to the drawing board :D

You wrote "grey" (Canuckian/English/Aust etc).

Then you wrote "flavor" (Americanos English).

I thought you Americanos spelled it "gray"? :eusa_whistle:

Wait a minute. I went through recruit training years ago. I did the food as "grey paste without flavour" thing already...back to the drawing board :D

You wrote "grey" (Canuckian/English/Aust etc).

Then you wrote "flavor" (Americanos English).

I thought you Americanos spelled it "gray"? :eusa_whistle:

Some do, I learned it both ways but just out of habit use 'grey'.

Not speculation: In twenty years you won't have editec to kick around.

Wild speculation: You'll all miss me something awful.

Please, I wanted ones that were not based on publish works, science, or religion. Just your personal predictions with nothing to back it up, just for fun.

OK how about this.

The government will control:
the temperature of your home
what you eat
what you drive
how much money you make
exact 75% of your income for taxes
and basically wipe their asses with the Constitution

OK how about this.

The government will control:
the temperature of your home
what you eat
what you drive
how much money you make
exact 75% of your income for taxes
and basically wipe their asses with the Constitution

That's what I am looking for. Just some speculation and letting your imagination go wild.

American English is barely English. It's a hodge-podge of a lot of different languages with English being just the majority.

I could say the same about English :lol:

Ameringlish, Austringlish. Kiwingnlish, Sefricaninglish......they will be different languages in the future (desperate attempt to avoid condemnation for thread hijackery).

I could say the same about English :lol:

Ameringlish, Austringlish. Kiwingnlish, Sefricaninglish......they will be different languages in the future (desperate attempt to avoid condemnation for thread hijackery).

My thread, and that fits in perfectly with the topic anyway. I don't mind hijacking of my own threads, sometimes it's unavoidable. But that prediction could become reality.

My thread, and that fits in perfectly with the topic anyway. I don't mind hijacking of my own threads, sometimes it's unavoidable. But that prediction could become reality.

I was very serious, but with just a tiny bit of tongue in cheek.

I'm not hijacking, just looking to try and think what's going to happen to our common language in the future. In the home of English what used to be called "standard" English has changed markedly over the past thirty to forty years. Back then you would never have heard a regional accent in the BBC, now they're all over the shop (not complaining, I like diversity). Even common standard English (ie non-BBC) has morphed into something called "Estuarine" English where the glottal stop, previously the preserve of the Cockney, is used with nary a blush.

It will be possible to fly from Sydney to London in two hours because a scramjet will have been developed by then. But London will have been trashed so it's more likely that it will be Sydney to Stockholm as the Scandinavian countries will be the only liveable countries in Europe, the rest being swamped by the by-products of capitalism and climate change.

There will be two classes. The super-mega-uber wealthy and the rest of us. The SUW class will be invisible from us and we from them. They will remove themselves from countries in turmoil and set up their own enclaves in Switzerland. Travel agents will make a lot of money offering securely conducted tours of the lowlands for the rich to watch intra-communal violence on a spectacular level.

Yes, I see dystopia.

Forum List

Back