Predictions - next 6 trading days

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Friday - November 21 - Dow rallies 300+ points on people moving in to buy cheap stocks.

Monday - November 24 - Dow falls 200+ points on bad news
Tuesday - November 25 - Dow up 100+ points
Wednesday - November 26 - Quiet day, light trading
Thursday - November 27 - CLOSED
Friday - November 28 - FREEFALL - Speculation about horrible holiday season
Monday - December 1 - Dow rallies on speculation of an auto bailout

By the time the automakers are back on Capitol Hill begging for money in their $10,000 suits, the dow will be around 7900.

By the time the year ends, we'll be around 6200.

Friday - November 21 - Dow rallies 300+ points on people moving in to buy cheap stocks.

Monday - November 24 - Dow falls 200+ points on bad news
Tuesday - November 25 - Dow up 100+ points
Wednesday - November 26 - Quiet day, light trading
Thursday - November 27 - CLOSED
Friday - November 28 - FREEFALL - Speculation about horrible holiday season
Monday - December 1 - Dow rallies on speculation of an auto bailout

By the time the automakers are back on Capitol Hill begging for money in their $10,000 suits, the dow will be around 7900.

By the time the year ends, we'll be around 6200.

We need to keep this thread up until Dec 1 just to see if you have crystal balls! :lol:

-Joe

We need to keep this thread up until Dec 1 just to see if you have crystal balls! :lol:

-Joe

If I'm wrong, I'll use whatever avatar Crimson chooses for me to use... except for a Boston Red Sox avatar. I will NEVER use anything remotely related to those vile pieces of scum.

If I'm wrong, I'll use whatever avatar Crimson chooses for me to use... except for a Boston Red Sox avatar. I will NEVER use anything remotely related to those vile pieces of scum.

If the following is any indicator of today's action, I want to help CW pick out your new avatar.

AP

European, Asian markets rebound despite US losses
Friday November 21, 5:56 am ET
By Pan Pylas, AP Business Writer European, Asian markets rebound despite

Wall Street losses as investors buy up battered stocks

LONDON (AP) -- European and Asian stock markets rebounded Friday as expectations of a recovery on Wall Street prompted investors to scoop up battered financial and energy shares.

The FTSE 100 index of leading British shares was up 42.78 points, or 1.1 percent, at 3,917.77, while Germany's DAX was 46.59 points, or 1.1 percent, higher at 4,266.79. The CAC-40 in France was up 34.62 points, or 1.2 percent, at 3,015.04.

More

Oh yeah, world futures are up nicely, as well. :lol:

There's just too much bad news out there waiting in the wings for me to think that the market is going to rally anytime soon.

PERHAPS Obama can change this nation's zietgiest when he take office.

But right now, now while people who are working are worried about losing their jobs, and while hundreds of thousands of people are losing their jobs every month, while the prices of people's real estate continues to drop, while banks are continuing to hoarde money, I cannot see anything that can rally confidence on Wall STREET or MAIN STREET.

I see no plans in the Obaman gameplan that will change the FUNDAMENTAL problem that is destroying this nation's economy.

There's just too much bad news out there waiting in the wings for me to think that the market is going to rally anytime soon.

PERHAPS Obama can change this nation's zietgiest when he take office.

But right now, now while people who are working are worried about losing their jobs, and while hundreds of thousands of people are losing their jobs every month, while the prices of people's real estate continues to drop, while banks are continuing to hoarde money, I cannot see anything that can rally confidence on Wall STREET or MAIN STREET.

I see no plans in the Obaman gameplan that will change the FUNDAMENTAL problem that is destroying this nation's economy.

Man, when life throws Lemons at us, all we can do is make lemonade.

Until "change" comes, I'm going to kick the market around like a rented mule. I'm not trying to brag so I'll just say: This market has been more than kind to me and it could be to you, as well. Little retailers like us don't even make a dent in the bucket.

The big dogs will determine which way this ship goes, not us, we just sit around and yak, and they know it.

Man, when life throws Lemons at us, all we can do is make lemonade.

Until "change" comes, I'm going to kick the market around like a rented mule. I'm not trying to brag so I'll just say: This market has been more than kind to me and it could be to you, as well. Little retailers like us don't even make a dent in the bucket.

The big dogs will determine which way this ship goes, not us, we just sit around and yak, and they know it.

Well said. Even if Wal-mart doesn't sell as much cheap Chinese crap this year, Christmas is going to come and people have to eat.

-Joe

Well said. Even if Wal-mart doesn't sell as much cheap Chinese crap this year, Christmas is going to come and people have to eat.

-Joe

That's true (I hope LOL!). I bought some WMT about a week ago. I'm down a few bucks but I'm not worried, yet.

As far as staples go, especially food, I've been keeping an eye on companies like Potash (POT). They may wind up doing better than the retailers if the crap continues to hit the fan. POT, like everything else, has taken quite a haircut since our trusted leaders decided to let us know what's going on but, come spring it will head north, IMO. I'm tempted to dabble in it now, but I'm holding out for a while longer.

Oh, I do not doubt that a prescient investor can make a killing in this market. In fact a market like this is where people who know what they're doing can make the most money.

But the question wasn't can you or I do well, the question (I thought) was will the market rally?

My answer to that remains the same.

Not bleedin' likely.

Oh, I do not doubt that a prescient investor can make a killing in this market. In fact a market like this is where people who know what they're doing can make the most money.

But the question wasn't can you or I do well, the question (I thought) was will the market rally?

My answer to that remains the same.

Not bleedin' likely.

Historically, after a 10%+ loss in stocks, stocks usually rebound the next day. Stocks have lost 11% this week. I say that gets by a third if not a half.

As I predicted, stocks are set to SURGE today.

Ahhh... I missed that + sign.

Gotta admit, there more green on my screens then I've seen in a while.

Here's a sample:

5bbqqs

Taken about 3 min after open, as you can see.

If you are right, you need to start a cult and tell us more prophecies ahead.

Forum List

Back