. Dems take back House and Senate in 2006
. Increase in terrorist attacks
. Socialized medicine
. Genetic testing breakthrough
. Financial woes continue for print media and book publishers
. The culture wars

for full article:
http://www.martynemko.com/pub/articles/2006predictions.shtm

Just another one of those "predictions" lists that have a 10% batting average but interesting to read.

I will agree that the media influences who people vote for. But I think the author misunderstands that these liberal media/hollywood types inspire us to vote against Democrats with every stupid thing they say.

I will agree that the media influences who people vote for. But I think the author misunderstands that these liberal media/hollywood types inspire us to vote against Democrats with every stupid thing they say.

A lot will depend on what transpires in Iraq (militarily and politically) and with the economy between now and November as to whether the Republicans hold on to the House and Senate. And whether the Republicans are willing to step up to the plate and debunk/debate the Dems' propaganda machine on a regular basis. When the Republicans are silent, the public begins to believe what the Dems and MSM are saying (witness Bush's falling approval ratings)

Adam's Apple said:
A lot will depend on what transpires in Iraq (militarily and politically) and with the economy between now and November as to whether the Republicans hold on to the House and Senate. And whether the Republicans are willing to step up to the plate and debunk/debate the Dems' propaganda machine on a regular basis. When the Republicans are silent, the public begins to believe what the Dems and MSM are saying (witness Bush's falling approval ratings)

Regardless I dont think the Democrats have the leadership capable of retaking the House and the Senate. Especially not with Howard Dean running the DNC. The public may start to distrust republicans but unless the Democrats start changing themselves I dont think the Public is going to trust them any more. And the more shrill and crazed they sound the more they are going to remember why they voted for a Republican to begin with.

Regardless I dont think the Democrats have the leadership capable of retaking the House and the Senate. Especially not with Howard Dean running the DNC. The public may start to distrust republicans but unless the Democrats start changing themselves I dont think the Public is going to trust them any more. And the more shrill and crazed they sound the more they are going to remember why they voted for a Republican to begin with.

I hope you're right and that is exactly what transpires. But I can think of a lot of scenarios that could happen between now and November where people could be persuaded to vote for the Democrats again. There's plenty of gullible people still around.

Adam's Apple said:
I hope you're right and that is exactly what transpires. But I can think of a lot of scenarios that could happen between now and November where people could be persuaded to vote for the Democrats again. There's plenty of gullible people still around.

Oh i agree. there is still tons of time to change things. i am just saying with the status quo as it is, i dont forsee it as possible.

Other than his prediction that the Dems would take back the Senate and House in 2006, what did you think about his prediction re the American auto industry? I think this might be one of his good ones.

Tom Friedman reported in one of his recent columns that he had attended an auto show in Detroit where China had on display the automobile it will be offering for sale in America which seats five people comfortably, gets good mileage and sells for around $10,000. On one of the news shows last week, it was reported that China expects to sell at least a quarter million of its car in the U.S. in the next two years. I can just see Americans gobbling this car up, thereby putting more money into China’s economy to make and sell more high tech armaments and missles to Iran to possibly use against the U.S.

Forum List

Back