Predictions.. 2012 election Cycle

THere was a time when folks stopped speaking to each other over whether Rutherford B Hays or Samuel Tilden won that election.

What matters is we have a lame choice and we make the best of it.

I'm not brilliant. never claimed to be. I'm just a sane voice with little patience for dummies. Especially the kind whose feelings get hurt easily.

Let's hear you views then...we know you can pass judgment...:razz:

I bet....but not on shit that happens more than a few days from now. I like to bet avatars of choice.

This thread could be a reasonable discussion about national electoral politics....but with the input of a few dummies....it turned into a bunch of frightened weirdos discussing whether or not President Obama will refuse to leave the WH if he loses....and whether or not the blacks will riot in the streets.

You started the fucking thing......how about gaining a little control of it.

So you would gain control how? By calling your fellow posters here 'frightened weirdos' and complaining about their predictions, which the OP called for by the way? Or maybe it might help if you would offer a reasonable comment about national electoral politics. What do you think?

Seems like a reasonable complaint. That is a bit far out thinking that Obama would refuse to leave the Whitehouse. Geez. sounds like the bloke was trying to interject a bit of sanity into the wierdness.

But maybe we shouldn't have any of that , Hey?

I bet....but not on shit that happens more than a few days from now. I like to bet avatars of choice.

This thread could be a reasonable discussion about national electoral politics....but with the input of a few dummies....it turned into a bunch of frightened weirdos discussing whether or not President Obama will refuse to leave the WH if he loses....and whether or not the blacks will riot in the streets.

You started the fucking thing......how about gaining a little control of it.

So you would gain control how? By calling your fellow posters here 'frightened weirdos' and complaining about their predictions, which the OP called for by the way? Or maybe it might help if you would offer a reasonable comment about national electoral politics. What do you think?

Hey Sweets .. looks like we're on the same page...:beer:

I'm worried this Guy might have the.. Obama Complex...but let's see..:lol:

Luckily, Pubs ARE "wacky, extreme, obstructionist and all about defeating Obama at the cost of the economy"- they are on record...even some of the deepest dupes are getting it: Obama, 53%, Romney the hypocrite robber baron, 47%- and then a few Pubs will do the right thing and compromise....and we'll get out of this mess- I pray.

Luckily, Pubs ARE "wacky, extreme, obstructionist and all about defeating Obama at the cost of the economy"- they are on record...even some of the deepest dupes are getting it: Obama, 53%, Romney the hypocrite robber baron, 47%- and then a few Pubs will do the right thing and compromise....and we'll get out of this mess- I pray.

We'll start to recover, as soon as Obama is crushed.

I love full moons....is there one tonight...:eusa_angel:

Nope, that was a couple of weeks ago but the new moon is coming up which is more appropriate for Halloween and incomprehensible stuff going on in the dark.

But isn't it amazing? I'll give President Bush and the Republican Congress full credit for all the messes we got into from 2000 through 2006. But I wonder if our friend Franco thinks Bush was still in charge of the messes when the Democrats took over in January 2007 and held control for the next four years until they had messed up so decisively that even Democrats were voting them out of office?

Isn't it funny that the Democrats had no power when the Republicans had a majority in Congress and that Republicans have all the power when Democrats have a majority in Congress? I swear its something in the water they drink.

So......my prediction for the election in 2012. If the Democrats win, it will be because of George Bush's failures. If the Republicans win, it will be George Bush who stole it. And whatever the hell goes wrong now or then or for the next twenty years, it will be George W. Bush's fault.

I'm not brilliant. never claimed to be. I'm just a sane voice with little patience for dummies. Especially the kind whose feelings get hurt easily.

Let's hear you views then...we know you can pass judgment...:razz:

Yes.....I can definitely pass judgement. As I said...I ain't brilliant....but I am a superior judge of who is and is not brilliant.

Both you and foxy say you want to hear what my "prediction" is......as if it is some kind of test. I'll say a few things in that direction.

As it stands now, I think Obama will win re-election. The economy is the primary issue....and I believe that most Americans feel that Congress carries more of the blame for the fact that growth is slow. I believe that Americans are smart enough to look at the data and determine that we are better off now than we were when Obama took office. The unemployment rate is high....but I'm not getting the idea that Americans in general feel that any of the GOP candidates are going to be able to change that any better than Obama.

As someone else said here, the American people are not rejecting Obama's efforts to point out GOP obstruction......in fact, the latest votes on the jobs bill showed 100% GOP dissent.......again.

Obama has a ton of money. Unlike his detractors here.....most Americans who are not in favor of his policies still like the man. He has a strong campaign and he is a pretty damned good campaigner.

Recent foreign policy wins....and other wins such as ending DADT will ensure that he retains a good portion of his "base".

I won't go into detail here about each of his potential challengers.....but I think they are all heavily flawed. You don't have a superstar there to take over.

There will not be violence. There will be no actual voter fraud. The process will play out as it always does.

Nope, that was a couple of weeks ago but the new moon is coming up which is more appropriate for Halloween and incomprehensible stuff going on in the dark.

But isn't it amazing? I'll give President Bush and the Republican Congress full credit for all the messes we got into from 2000 through 2006. But I wonder if our friend Franco thinks Bush was still in charge of the messes when the Democrats took over in January 2007 and held control for the next four years until they had messed up so decisively that even Democrats were voting them out of office?

Isn't it funny that the Democrats had no power when the Republicans had a majority in Congress and that Republicans have all the power when Democrats have a majority in Congress? I swear its something in the water they drink.

So......my prediction for the election in 2012. If the Democrats win, it will be because of George Bush's failures. If the Republicans win, it will be George Bush who stole it. And whatever the hell goes wrong now or then or for the next twenty years, it will be George W. Bush's fault.

Hey, GW all the way!

The Dems took over in 2006? What a joke. Brainwashed morons....Bush vetoed everything Dems tried and they said, OK pal, it's all you....Dems have been in control for 5 months, along with Obama running foreign policy...this is the the Pub "Congressional Paralysis economy" since 2/4/2010.
You Dupes wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face with a 2X4, LOL!

Last edited:
The Dems took over in 2006? What a joke. Brainwashed morons....Bush vetoed everything Dems tried and they said, OK pal, it's all you....Dems have been in control for 5 months, along with Obama running foreign policy...this is the the Pub "Congressional Paralysis economy" since 2/4/2010.
You Dupes wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face with a 2X4, LOL!

No, the Dems took over in 2007 and achieved a super majority for awhile beginning in 2009. Your aim is a bit off with that 4 x 4.

But for the record, the number of vetoes cast by past Presidents:

Coolidge - 50.
Hoover - 37.
FDR - 635
Truman - 250
Eisenhower - 181
Kennedy - 21
LBJ - 30
Nixon - 43
Ford - 66
Carter - 31
Reagan - 78
GHW Bush - 44
Clinton - 37
GW Bush - 12

You are permitted to revise your remarks. An honorable man would do so.

Dems had a supermajority from 7/7/2009 till 2/4/2010 PERIOD. All 12 of Boosh's vetoes were 2006-2008, and along with that the blue dogs- saying Dems were in control is ridiculous...

Dems had a supermajority from 7/7/2009 till 2/4/2010 PERIOD. All 12 of Boosh's vetoes were 2006-2008, and along with that the blue dogs- saying Dems were in control is ridiculous...

So most folks with a clue could get a lot done with seven months of a super majority, yes? And would you believe President Obama didn't veto a thing for that entire seven months?

So all 37 of Clinton's vetoes were from 1995 through 2000 when the Republicans had a majority in Congress. Are you prepared to say that his Presidency was a failure for those entire six years because he vetoed almost everything the Republicans put up?

All of Obama's vetoes have been since the Republicans took over the house this year too. He is a bit hamstrung since some of the bills are initiated or signed off by the Democratically controlled Senate.

Oh well. Carry on. People who are blindly partisan and dutifully repeat the assigned ignorance and falsehoods are actually useful idiots for our side. :)

Well.. I think we're there.

The odds of our elected federal representatives passing useful legislation is pretty well kaput....

So.. I'm thinking this election cycle will be the most divisive and low blowing in American history..

I prefer to hope the results of the 2012 election with be a conservative result and a return to sanity..

Bush inherited a strong economy, a balanced budget, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved us from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, created 19 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

Obama returned us to sanity.

When Romney beats Obama there are going to be riots.

Cities burning.

Well, then there will be riots because Romney is going to win. This country can not afford another 4 years of Barach Obama, the whole country will be left in the ash heap of history if we don't get him out of there.

Well.. I think we're there.

The odds of our elected federal representatives passing useful legislation is pretty well kaput....

So.. I'm thinking this election cycle will be the most divisive and low blowing in American history..

I prefer to hope the results of the 2012 election with be a conservative result and a return to sanity..

Bush inherited a strong economy, a balanced budget, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved us from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, created 19 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

Obama returned us to sanity.

Oh my god, do you realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly believe that rant? we are now 4 trillion dollars in debt, there has never been any job growth in the private sector after wasting 780 billion dollars on a stimulus plan, we lost a bundle on GM and they had to file for bankrupsy anyway to restructure, reformed Health care???? It's gonna be repealed by the supreme court or dead in the water when the next President does a full repeal of it, got Bin Lauden, it was Bush who aimed the gun all Obama did was pull the trigger, got Gaddafi, the rebels did, got us out of Iraq, not yet. Just wait until the Iranians move in to take over--- oh joy. Get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back