Prediction with 100% Confidence

But Frank, where in COTUS is the Federal Government given the power to fly to the moon(s)? Maybe you're not the kook I believed you to be?

Let's let Alabama or Florida explore the Cosmos; clearly the 10th Amendment speaks to that issue. Or maybe Space X can explore space and establish private sector ownership of the moon and other celestial objects, for profit, and of course along with tax payer subsidizes.

Space X can do it, fine with me

Cool, then we can expect all discoveries to be privately owned, space on Mars and the moon leased out to Russian, Chinese or whatever nation, friend or foe - willing to pay the price.

Have at it!

hmmmm...is this a well thought out comment, like "bring it on!". Have you (ever) considered the consequences of your opinions?

I have. If it's a Progressive government that establishes the colony or operation, they'll will be broke in 2 years and we can buy the facility for cents on the dollar.

In all seriousness, it's dangerous and extremely expensive. If our government did decide to do it, I can see the CIA running an operation like that and is that really what we want?

Conquering space is both dangerous and expensive, as President Kennedy said in 1962:

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

See the entire speech here:

JFK RICE MOON SPEECH

Consider where we are today, Trump in the White House and Science itself being called fake.

Both Roosevelts, Truman, Eisenhower, and JFK would be absolutely appalled at the idea of the fat senile old orange clown in the White House. Unfortunately Bill Buckley is not alive to write a scathing article on what this indicates about our citizens.

Both Roosevelts, Truman, Eisenhower, and JFK would be absolutely appalled at the idea of the fat senile old orange clown in the White House. Unfortunately Bill Buckley is not alive to write a scathing article on what this indicates about our citizens.

You should start a "How to make an off topic douche nozzle post" Thread

The fat senile old orange clown is defunding science in almost every field. You think that will not affect the science involved in the conquest of our solar system?

I agree with finding "life" on every moon listed in the OP with the exception of Titan. It's not suitable for life as we know it, and the majority of liquids on Titan are not solvent like water is (which there is no liquid water on Titan).

Regarding Enceladus, Ganymede and my beloved Europa, I will add one note to the OP - the "life" we find on those moons will be a genetic relative to all life on Earth.

Forum List

Back