Prediction: Scarborough will run for Biden's Senate seat

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
Joe Scarborough, previously residing in Pensacola, FL, but who for around six months is obviously housed 'somewhere' within the NYC-DC parameters, let it slip Sunday on Meet the Press that he (and Mike Murphy) get to see a lot of each other on weekends in Delaware. An AHA! moment! Do we finally have a new residence location for "Morning" Joe? You won't find any reference to his new residence in any bio information, including Wikipedia, which has always led me to believe he has more lofty goals than early morning guffaws with Mika.

So it all makes sense. Joe Scarborough has been edging into the spotlight with more face time than Rush Limbaugh or Newt Gingrich with his widely popular new book "The Last Best Hope." As a fiscal conservative but socially moderate Republican, he's called "the new face of the Republican Party" by Christopher Buckley.

Biden's replacement was named by Delaware Governor Ruth Miller in late November, but Ted Kaufman has already said he has no interest in running for the seat in the special election for Biden's vacated seat in 2010. This is a perfect setup for Scarborough to get back up on The Hill, and who knows, maybe even a run for the top prize in 2012. His qualifications certainly outshine those of Sarah Palin.

will he run as a dem, or a repub?
i doubt he could get enough republicans to vote for him now

I like Scarborough. I hope he wins the nomination, though I doubt he will.

It's just guessing on my part, thus far. But I think he has an excellent chance. The mid-term election campaigning will start to heat up by fall, and thus far the only murmers out of Delaware for Biden's Senate seat is a possible run by former Governor Michael Castle, now serving in the House, but who will turn 71 this year and may decide to retire. On the Dem side, there is virtually no one else being mentioned other than Joe Biden's son, Beau, who is now serving in Iraq but who has expressed little interest in seeking political office when he returns stateside.

It's possible, he's been rolling out his book lately. A recent winning presidential candidate started his campaign the same way.

Scarborough really needs to work on his personality. He can be vicious.

Joe Scarborough, previously residing in Pensacola, FL, but who for around six months is obviously housed 'somewhere' within the NYC-DC parameters, let it slip Sunday on Meet the Press that he (and Mike Murphy) get to see a lot of each other on weekends in Delaware. An AHA! moment! Do we finally have a new residence location for "Morning" Joe? You won't find any reference to his new residence in any bio information, including Wikipedia, which has always led me to believe he has more lofty goals than early morning guffaws with Mika.

So it all makes sense. Joe Scarborough has been edging into the spotlight with more face time than Rush Limbaugh or Newt Gingrich with his widely popular new book "The Last Best Hope." As a fiscal conservative but socially moderate Republican, he's called "the new face of the Republican Party" by Christopher Buckley.

Biden's replacement was named by Delaware Governor Ruth Miller in late November, but Ted Kaufman has already said he has no interest in running for the seat in the special election for Biden's vacated seat in 2010. This is a perfect setup for Scarborough to get back up on The Hill, and who knows, maybe even a run for the top prize in 2012. His qualifications certainly outshine those of Sarah Palin.

. . . or those of Hillary or Obama, imo. If Scarborough does run for the Senate, he may well make a run for the WH and be a very formidable candidate, but more likely in 2016 than in 2012 because now that public financing of presidential races is dead, no one will want to run for the office who can't raise upwards of the $700,000,000 Obama spent, and the Republican party will probably still be too divided in 2012 to put that together.

:eek:SHOCKING!:eek:

A meely mouthed moderate supporting a meely mouthed Moderate...

In other news... Temperatures continue to rise in Hell; and there's been a setback at the Swine Flight Institute, where the latest attempt to see Pigs Fly, ended in a Bar BQ at the airport.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back