Prediction. GOP is going to win in 2012

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I only say this because of their competition. That group in the Whitehouse are jokes. Every single one of them. (Not sorry to see Obama and Biden gone though, they weren't fun.)

Again, my prediction is ABO is going to win again in 2012.

Agree? Good. Disagree, please get specific as to who will beat them. This is a two part thing from you then. Who do you think will win the GOP nomination and how will that person TROUNCE Obama.

I disagree. The GOP is too split and diverse, and if the GOP hates anything, it's diversity.

• Banned
I disagree. The GOP is too split and diverse, and if the GOP hates anything, it's diversity.

Got it. But don't forget we also hate....

Blacks
Mexicans
Anyone else
Poor people
Sick people
Elderly
Healthcare
Kiosks
ATM's
Clean water
New technology
Science
Atheists
Democrats
Job creation
Women
Gays
Solar energy
Non wartime
Clean air
Grandma
Ethical behavior

Etc......

The GOP does not want the presidency this year, it is the only explanation for the silly people who are running.

As a conservative, I admit that nothing really "clicks" with me re: the GOP candidates.
McCain was the last best hope, yet he had to go and pick Howdy Doody on steroids for a running mate.

Still, I'll opt for "other than Obama" come ballot time.

It's eminently possible that the GOP will take the White House in 2012, but they aren't favored (Intrade gives the Democrats a slight edge). As to who will beat them, overwhelmingly Obama's chances of reelection will rely on Obama himself. Allied political actors (Biden, Congress, Governors) simply won't play a very large role.

If we go beyond Democrats to consider wider factors in the Obama's reelection chances, I think we actually should look to Europe. Political prognosticators generally agree that once the identity of the challenger is settled (and Romney's prospects for the nomination have never been greater) economic variables play the largest role. And the largest source of economic uncertainty is how Europe will weather its various economic woes. If defaults or austerity measures push Europe into a recession, the US could follow. If Europe manages to largely right itself, returning confidence could strengthen recovery internationally (that is, in the US as well).

Very good points there. But I think regardless of Europe's economic largess, the U.S. in 2012 will show some strong signs of recovery. I also believe that voters will be smart enough to recognise Obama's total disconnect with respect to any economic rebound, call him on his four year bluff, and vote him out.

Win what? A chance to "finish the job" they started under Reagan?

The GOP will only win if they take the Senate and more in the House with fiscally, Constitutionally, and liberty minded members ready to reign in government spending and meddling while actually carrying out their required duties (they're numbered for ease of use). Otherwise, I find it increasingly difficult to tell a D from an R. For the Presidency, It's pretty clear the GOP will end up nominating a big government guy, but I'd still consider a GOP White House win gravy, if only to avoid the appointment of asshole judges.

I only say this because of their competition. That group in the Whitehouse are jokes. Every single one of them. (Not sorry to see Obama and Biden gone though, they weren't fun.)

Again, my prediction is ABO is going to win again in 2012.

Agree? Good. Disagree, please get specific as to who will beat them. This is a two part thing from you then. Who do you think will win the GOP nomination and how will that person TROUNCE Obama.

Best Case - The GOP establishment is going to shove Romney down the throats of the GOP rank and file, and then are going to be shocked when he gets about 2 million less votes than McCain got in 2008. Meanwhile, Obama will increase his vote total by about 4 million votes, and he'll take not only every state he took in 2008, but will pick up Missouri, Arkansas, and Arizona as well. The shocker- how close Texas will be due to Hispanics and Evangelicals switching sides.

Worst Case- The GOP establishment is going to shove Romney down... well, you know the rest. Except in this scenario, conservatives, Evangelicals and others support a third party. Romney loses nearly every state except Utah, where his fellow LDS cultists give him the win.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the best thing Obama has going for him is human nature. The 69 million people who voted for him in 2008 are not going to readily admit that they made a mistake.

Forum List

Back