Prediction for Nov 2010 Vote

I would be sad to see Dennis go. He has occassionally done things I approve of. But when in doubt, I vote Republican. I'll be voting for Portman if he doesn't fuck up between now and then.

I am tempted to toss my vote away on the 3rd party Libertarian candidate

And this mindset is what's wrong with this country today. That voting for a third party is "tossing" your vote away.

how is realism a flaw?

Well if a majority of people all decided to vote 3rd party in the same election it wouldn't be throwing a vote away. Even if you can get a high enough percentage of people to vote 3rd party so that in the next election the 3rd party actually has a seat at the table (I forget the percentage you need) it wouldn't be.

However, typically not enough people do vote that way so in effect your vote "doesn't count" as the 3rd party canidate can't get enough votes to be considered a competitor.

I would be sad to see Dennis go. He has occassionally done things I approve of. But when in doubt, I vote Republican. I'll be voting for Portman if he doesn't fuck up between now and then.

You mean Dumbo? I love to see him fly away with his large ears into the sunset.

I think Republicans are going to pick up seats, but not as many as they think they are.

Agreed. I don't think its possible for them to not pick up seats.

The question is control. The DNC won't have a 59 seat majority in the Senate, but actual GOP control may not be possible in 2010 at least in the Senate. Not enough seats are up and competitive for the GOP. It'd take just a whole host of stars aligning for Senate control.

The House might be possible, but I'm betting Pelosi keeps her position by a razor thin majority.

For the GOP, best case scenario is to let the DNC keep a razor thin control. It sets you up for a sweep in 2012. If they take the House and Senate now, they'll be in a tight spot come 2012. Obama can blame them for everything, block their agenda (no way they'll have veto proof majority) and people will expect results. Worse, when the Tea Party sees business as usual out of their brand new shiny GOP (and they will) they'll become disspirited and stay home.

I am tempted to toss my vote away on the 3rd party Libertarian candidate

And this mindset is what's wrong with this country today. That voting for a third party is "tossing" your vote away.

You says this, but I watched on local news and they stated Brady is killing Quinn anywhere from 3% (dailycunts) to 13% (Rasmussen) points, depending on the poll, heck even the daily kos has Brady by 3% http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/governor/il/illinois_governor_brady_vs_quinn-1361.html. They laughed off 3rd party candidates, but said the communist party "aka the Green Party" candidate might get 1-3% of the votes (they mentioned this because that will be a crucial 1-3% taken from Quinn). But then they mentioned a few other 3rd party candidates, polls showed the 3 other "biggest" 3rd party candidates might get a combined 1/10 of 1 percent!

Voting libertarian is tossing my vote away. I am going to have to vote for who I believe will be better for taxes, illegal immigration, spending and the economy and without a doubt that is shrewed businessman Brady. I have faith that his extreme (and yes they are extreme) stance on social issues will be countered by a Democrats in the state. I hate voting for the lesser of two evils, but Quinn's support of Unions, running on raising income taxes, refusal to cut spending, refusal to deal with out of control State Worker's Pensions, part of the Blago administration, talks of raising the sales, gas and CORPORATE tax, allowing IL to remain a sanctuary State is definitely the worse evil!

Last edited:

I don't know that I'm going to be voting in the Senate race. I don't like Portman or Fisher and there's nobody from the Libertarian Party running. The Constitution Party candidate, Eric Deaton, is alright, but not great. Now that I think about it, none of the Ohio candidates are really that impressive.

I don't think Kucinich is in any danger. Sutton could be vulnerable, though.

I don't think Kucinich is in any danger. Sutton could be vulnerable, though.

I like dennis kucinich, we were once abducted by the same alien ship.

:D

I think Republicans are going to pick up seats, but not as many as they think they are.

The Tea Party loonies will sink some GOP ships, but with Waters and Rangle on the ropes, the GOP will probably take the House.

The Tea Party loonies will sink some GOP ships, but with Waters and Rangle on the ropes, the GOP will probably take the House.

I doubt the Republicans take the House.

By take do you mean have the supermajority the dems have enjoyed or do you mean just have 51% of the seats?

I could see them getting over half the seats in the house but I dont see them gaining a "supermajority"

By take do you mean have the supermajority the dems have enjoyed or do you mean just have 51% of the seats?

I could see them getting over half the seats in the house but I dont see them gaining a "supermajority"

I believe Democrats will still have a majority in the House and Senate after November. Not as much of a majority as they have now, but still a majority.

I believe Democrats will still have a majority in the House and Senate after November. Not as much of a majority as they have now, but still a majority.
the senate is likely to stay in Dem control
the house is a possibility
but we wont know till after the election
but if the polling data is as accurate as it was in the last election, its not gonna be a good day for the dems

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm really not sure but I do expect the repubs to pick up several seats in each.

I hope a few TRUE independants get in too :)

Well I definitely think there will be positive gains for the Republicans, but I won't be holding my breath for many independent Republicans.

I'd like an option on the ballot to TOSS 'EM ALL, and RE-select new runners,

that the one's being presented are totally unsatisfactory.

A pipe dream, I suppose, but hope springs eternal...

Forum List

Back