Predict what will happen in the Obamacare ruling

What will the Court decide?

• Total voters
I picked mandate. Usually I dont like "conventional" wisdom, but I'll go with it, this time.

I have to go with "no freakin' clue", because the way politics have degraded in this country... I cannot expect rationality to magically show up at this point in time.

They'll uphold some parts and strike down other parts. That's what the Supreme Court has been doing lately. The Mandate is obviously wrong and Unconstitutional, so it will likely go. But some parts will be upheld. Personally, i would like to see the whole thing struck down. But that won't happen. Our Supreme Court has become erratic and unreliable in recent years.

The whole thing goes.
First off, there is no severability clause in the act. So taking Congress at its word if one part is found unconstitutional, the whole thing is.
Second, the mandate is integral to the act. Striking only the mandate would mean the Supremes would have to go back through the act and figure out which parts are good and which aren't, basically rewriting the legislation. That isn't their job. It is much cleaner and more constitutional to strike the whole thing and send it back to Congress to let them do their job properly.

The whole thing goes.
First off, there is no severability clause in the act. So taking Congress at its word if one part is found unconstitutional, the whole thing is.
Second, the mandate is integral to the act. Striking only the mandate would mean the Supremes would have to go back through the act and figure out which parts are good and which aren't, basically rewriting the legislation. That isn't their job. It is much cleaner and more constitutional to strike the whole thing and send it back to Congress to let them do their job properly.

Yeah, somehow, I don't think even these knuckle draggers are going to want to be the ones to day, "It's perfectly okay for Cigna to call your daughter's cancer a Pre-existing condition and let her die".

So, no, I think at worse, they'll just strike down the Mandate.

They might not even go that far. Scalia seemed really pissed off at Kennedy and Roberts during the Arizona ruling, and I don't think it is limited to just that decision.

But we'll see.

The whole thing goes.

Yeah, somehow, I don't think even these knuckle draggers are going to want to be the ones to day, "It's perfectly okay for Cigna to call your daughter's cancer a Pre-existing condition and let her die".

So, no, I think at worse, they'll just strike down the Mandate.

They might not even go that far. Scalia seemed really pissed off at Kennedy and Roberts during the Arizona ruling, and I don't think it is limited to just that decision.

But we'll see.

You need to quit the beer for breakfast routine.

Forum List

Back