Predict the new Senator from MA

Who will be the new senator from MA???

• Total voters
Every ACORN worker in the States is heading towards MA even as we bang away on our keyboards so they can help get out the vote. I predict record turnouts in this election and dispite the dirty tricks that are bound to be pulled by the Democrats, Brown will slide into the Senate with a very narrow margin. I do predict the Democrats will do everything in their power to slow down Brown's actual swearing in until they can figure out how to try and pull a scam with the Health Care Reform Bill. I suspect multiple vote recounts and maybe even the MA government will enact another one of those shady deals to prevent his immediate swearing in. You can bet the Democrats won't go down easily nor will they go down quietly. Get ready to hear more whinning and complaining then you've heard lately. I think it's going to be a hoot. I predict the vote will be something like Brown 52% and Coakley 41% and all others 7%.

HANGING CHAD ALERT IN MA. HANGING CHAD ALERT IN MA. PREPARE FOR RECOUNT!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

From what I heard earlier, they don't have to swear him in, IF and that's a big If he wins the election he is the senator from Massachusetts right then. It's Massachusett's election law. More should come out on it and when it does I will provide a link.

You Brown voters make sure you punch those votes clear through, no chads. And please, please get to the polls and bring all of your Brown supporters with you.

Here you go:

It's the way 'they' wrote the law. LOL!

Kirk Can't Vote After Tuesday | The Weekly Standard

Kirk Can't Vote After Tuesday
GOP lawyers say Paul Kirk will no longer be a senator after election day.

BY FRED BARNES
January 16, 2010 10:28 PM
SHARETHIS

Appointed Senator Paul Kirk will lose his vote in the Senate after Tuesday’s election in Massachusetts of a new senator and cannot be the 60th vote for Democratic health care legislation, according to Republican attorneys.

Kirk has vowed to vote for the Democratic bill even if Republican Scott Brown is elected but not yet certified by state officials and officially seated in the Senate. Kirk’s vote is crucial because without the 60 votes necessary to stop a Republican filibuster, the bill will be defeated.

This would be a devastating loss for President Obama and congressional Democrats. The bill, dubbed ObamaCare, is the centerpiece of the president’s agenda. Brown has campaigned on becoming the 41st vote against ObamaCare.

But in the days after the election, it is Kirk’s status that matters, not Brown’s. Massachusetts law says that an appointed senator remains in office “until election and qualification of the person duly elected to fill the vacancy.” The vacancy occurred when Senator Edward Kennedy died in August. Kirk was picked as interim senator by Governor Deval Patrick.

Democrats in Massachusetts have talked about delaying Brown’s “certification,” should he defeat Democrat Martha Coakley on Tuesday. Their aim would be to allow Kirk to remain in the Senate and vote the health care bill.

But based on Massachusetts law, Senate precedent, and the U.S. Constitution, Republican attorneys said Kirk will no longer be a senator after election day, period. Brown meets the age, citizenship, and residency requirements in the Constitution to qualify for the Senate. “Qualification” does not require state “certification,” the lawyers said. ...

Don't worry you have to fill in bubbles with a #2 pencil in my state. No chads.

The Senate makes its own rules for qualification. And The rules that are in place don't seem to matter much anyway to these folks.

We changed our rules for appointing someone to the senate in 2004 when we had a Republican gov. They didn't want Romney to be able to appoint someone.

When kennedy passed away we changed them back so Devaul (D governor) could appoint someone instead of having us vote on it.

So if the mood strikes our state will change the law again, IMO. Then again with the giant national spotlight they might not (we are getting tons more attention right now than we did for the appointment of kennedy's interm senator).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5cjMJn8ngU[/ame]

The Senate makes its own rules for qualification. And The rules that are in place don't seem to matter much anyway to these folks.

We changed our rules for appointing someone to the senate in 2004 when we had a Republican gov. They didn't want Romney to be able to appoint someone.

When kennedy passed away we changed them back so Devaul (D governor) could appoint someone instead of having us vote on it.

So if the mood strikes our state will change the law again, IMO. Then again with the giant national spotlight they might not (we are getting tons more attention right now than we did for the appointment of kennedy's interm senator).

this would be the best part, almost, if brown wins tomorrow. those crooks up on beacon hill, after changing the rules TWICE so that they could control the seat.....lose.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back