Predict the Elctoral Outcome of the 2012 Presidential Election

According to the map, if Obama picks up only Mi and OH among the toss ups, he wins.

According to the map, if Obama picks up only Mi and OH among the toss ups, he wins.

Yeah, it doesn't take much.

I do believe that if you were looking at a stronger candidate, or even a smarter choice of running mate, the GOP should have had this one in the bag. But Romney isn't very likable and Ryan just isn't from the right state. Putting Wisconsin in play isn't going to matter when you've basically ceded Florida.

President: Obama 325 Romney 213

Senate: Democrats 50 Republicans 50

House: Republicans 226 Democrats 209

President: Obama 325 Romney 213

Senate: Democrats 50 Republicans 50

House: Republicans 226 Democrats 209

If the Senate is 50/50, it's because of that idiot Akin who's too arrogant to realize he's blown his shot. I personally expect a Republican Senate. I think Obama's electoral victory won't translate to much of anything when it comes to Congress.

Senate 50, 50
House 236 R, 209 D
Obama 275, Romney 263
(Nevada's 6 electoral votes will decide a Dem victory or a tie that goes to the House where the GOP lame duck Congress will select Romney)

Predict a winner: Battleground states - 2012 election - Data Desk - Los Angeles Times

Wow...with what you can choose. Even if Romney takes. Nevada,Iowa,Colorado,New Hampshire,North Carolina,Virginia and Wisconsin Obama still wins! He has to take Florida or Ohio and I don't think he will. I was pushing it giving Iowa and Wisconsin to Romney simply done because Ryan is from Wisconsin and its near Iowa...I still don't think he can take Wisconsin...we shall see...

I can see Romney taking Florida, still, I will not hazard a guess post Ryan. Had Romney not chosen such a noxious running mate, I think he would have it in the bag. He did, so he doesn't.

Predict a winner: Battleground states - 2012 election - Data Desk - Los Angeles Times

Wow...with what you can choose. Even if Romney takes. Nevada,Iowa,Colorado,New Hampshire,North Carolina,Virginia and Wisconsin Obama still wins! He has to take Florida or Ohio and I don't think he will. I was pushing it giving Iowa and Wisconsin to Romney simply done because Ryan is from Wisconsin and its near Iowa...I still don't think he can take Wisconsin...we shall see...

I can see Romney taking Florida, still, I will not hazard a guess post Ryan. Had Romney not chosen such a noxious running mate, I think he would have it in the bag. He did, so he doesn't.

I think he would have done better with Rubio

Rubio would have sealed up Florida for him. Ryan makes Wisconsin a toss up.

To give you an idea how bad the electoral math is, the last person to win the Presidency and lose their home state was Nixon. In total, only 3 people have won the Presidency and lost their state of residency.

Mitt will not win Massachusetts. The fact his running mate can't seem to clinch his home state doesn't help either.

To give you an idea how bad the electoral math is, the last person to win the Presidency and lose their home state was Nixon. In total, only 3 people have won the Presidency and lost their state of residency.

Mitt will not win Massachusetts. The fact his running mate can't seem to clinch his home state doesn't help either.

Good points. I think in the end it won't be all that close.

Its hard to tell which state is Mitts home state. Michigan, Massachusetts, Utah?

If Romney loses Florida, he will lose the election. Wisconsins 10 electoral votes are irrelevant.

Romney needs FL, NC, VA, WI, and Ohio.

If he loss any of them, it's over.

Obama will have to have Pennslyvania, Michigan, and Nevada.

Romney needs FL, NC, VA, WI, and Ohio.

If he loss any of them, it's over.

Obama will have to have Pennslyvania, Michigan, and Nevada.

If Obama takes FL or OH ....he wins

He can also win by taking three other swing states

Not hard when he is leading in ten of twelve swing states

If you don't do the map, it is hard to tell how you arrived at the conclusion. You have to post it also. I did 3 possible scenarios and Obama still won. Giving Mitt Romney some states he PROBABLY won't win.

It's all guessing but somewhat educated guessing.

In your third scenario, switch NC and VA, Romney will win NC, Obama VA; leave everything else the same; Obama wins with 270.

The problem for Romney is, unlike Obama, he as no ‘worst case’ scenarios, he has to win almost every swing state, which simply won’t happen.

If you don't do the map, it is hard to tell how you arrived at the conclusion. You have to post it also. I did 3 possible scenarios and Obama still won. Giving Mitt Romney some states he PROBABLY won't win.

In your third scenario, switch NC and VA, Romney will win NC, Obama VA; leave everything else the same; Obama wins with 270.

The problem for Romney is, unlike Obama, he as no ‘worst case’ scenarios, he has to win almost every swing state, which simply won’t happen.

With unemployment at 8.2% he could, but with the the social conservatives holding the GOP by the short hairs*, the economy may be lost in the 'moral' shuffle.

*Ryan sends a message, but the message does NOT include "more jobs".

It's not letting me post the map don't know what the deal is.

If you want to post your map(s), you have to do a screen shot (cntrl prnt scrn) and then save the screen shot on a server like picturetrail, photo bucket, etc.

Then you can post it using the IMG icon.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back