precipitation events

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
The unusual snow falls in the east, Tennessee, and now Arkansas. The effects that we are seeing from AGW are not sometime in the future, they are now.

The unusual snow falls in the east, Tennessee, and now Arkansas. The effects that we are seeing from AGW are not sometime in the future, they are now.

Horse crap. I suggest you look up some of the old weather reports from the newspapers in the same areas from about 1870-1877. You will be amazed by what you find. Blizzards and floods and tornadoes oh my....

What goes around comes around. I have an encyclopedia of buffalo hunters and there were terrible blizzards in the spring of 1874 or 75 (I can't remember the exact year) that killed dozens of hunters. The ones that survived had to take shelter in the gutted remains of the buffalo they were hunting.

And please note the use of the words "unusual" not "unprecedented"...that means it has happened before but seeing's how you can't see past the end of your nose I can see how you would miss that little fact.

Last edited:
al-gore-explains-cold-weather-701167.jpg

hmmm i am in western nc...we had a hard winter...lots of snow...but its not unheard of....its simply what we consider a return to what we use to have for winters...we broke a 3 and half year drought just last year....drought is not the normal for us either...so we are back to rain every day...which is normal for this area....

Odd whether here in Portland. Normal for an El Nino is a warm, dry winter, with a very warm, drier yet, spring. We had a warm winter, with slightly below normal precipitation. However, we did not get our normal rains. Instead of the misty drizel that we normally get, we got rains in bucketfulls. And thunder storms in January and February.

This spring was very cool, and very wet. Again, the rain hammering down, many thunderstorms. Above average precipitation. Wonder what summer will bring.

I, for one, am glad to have two days in a row of sunshine.

And what is really weird, is we had nice weather for the Rose Festival parade.
ctoot1.JPG

Winter and spring VERY normal in the upper midwest. No record snows in WI. Temperatures were not to hot, not too cold with the exception of it's standard 1 cold snap and hot flash. Sure we broke a record ONE day for heat, but that was one day and happens every may at least once that we get something that hot. It was a little drier for spring though than I remember.

So, nope. Normal. All normal here.

Weird weather in loony land does not global warming make.

Odd whether here in Portland. Normal for an El Nino is a warm, dry winter, with a very warm, drier yet, spring. We had a warm winter, with slightly below normal precipitation. However, we did not get our normal rains. Instead of the misty drizel that we normally get, we got rains in bucketfulls. And thunder storms in January and February.

This spring was very cool, and very wet. Again, the rain hammering down, many thunderstorms. Above average precipitation. Wonder what summer will bring.

Probably hot and dry...but that is just a guess.

Forum List

Back