'Precious Doe's' stepfather sentenced to life

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Justice served.

CNN) -- The stepfather of a 3-year-old girl, known as Precious Doe after her body and severed head were discovered four years ago, was sentenced to life in prison without parole Thursday for killing the girl.

The child had apparently been killed three years before her body was found in a wooded area near Kansas City, Missouri.

Harrell Johnson, 29, was convicted last month of first-degree murder in the death of Erica Michelle Marie Green, as well as endangering the welfare of a child and abusing a child.

Sixteenth Circuit Judge John Torrence sentenced Johnson to four years and 25 years, respectively, for those convictions, ruling that those sentences will run consecutively to the life sentence, according to court spokeswoman Mary Jacobi. Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty against Johnson.

'Precious Doe's' stepfather sentenced to life - CNN.com

I'm wondering if there was physical evidence and why the death penalty wasn't sought.

I doubt that their was physical evidence otherwise the death penalty would have been sought. It reads as though the prosecutions case built almost entirely on the testimony of the mother. Hard to get the death penalty with that. Life in prison, with no chance at parole, will do fine.

I doubt that their was physical evidence otherwise the death penalty would have been sought. It reads as though the prosecutions case built almost entirely on the testimony of the mother. Hard to get the death penalty with that. Life in prison, with no chance at parole, will do fine.

I give him 2 weeks there, until prison justice is served.........:clap2:

Forum List

Back