preacher joe died last night

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
he was a simple person....in the south...we refer to people like him as "slow"..he was a big man who would sing a gospel song at the drop of the hat...he would borrow money when he was going to church to make sure he could give to the church...he would borrow 20 and pay back 10 and then borrow...20...

we had noticed he was looking poorly and would doze off if he was sitting still for long..
he died in his sleep...

i am not a christian but if your god does exist and if there is a heaven....there is a new angel singing loudly and not having to worry about money anymore...

when butch called to tell me he had died...he told me this...."girl you know preacher joe prayed for you every night"

i hope he has found peace....

We had a guy like that. So sweet. I'm sorry for your loss.

he was a simple person....in the south...we refer to people like him as "slow"..he was a big man who would sing a gospel song at the drop of the hat...he would borrow money when he was going to church to make sure he could give to the church...he would borrow 20 and pay back 10 and then borrow...20...

we had noticed he was looking poorly and would doze off if he was sitting still for long..
he died in his sleep...

i am not a christian but if your god does exist and if there is a heaven....there is a new angel singing loudly and not having to worry about money anymore...

when butch called to tell me he had died...he told me this...."girl you know preacher joe prayed for you every night"

i hope he has found peace....

I hope so too. My sympathies are with you and the rest of his friends and family.

People like Preacher Joe give a lot in life to many. An example of simple and direct. Probably happier with his life and provided more happiness to others. Today, he'd probably have been aborted.

Forum List

Back