pre workout sups

I don't use anything when I lift. I eat a healthy light meal before (turkey sandwich for example). I think doing a proper warmup is much more important than any supplement is pre-workout. I always walk for about 6 minutes, do a light job, stretch before lifting.

After have a protein shake, and that's all you pretty much need.

Last edited:
Jack3d works and I mean it.
You use anything to get you going and over the top?

Classic and most effective.
Everything else you buy is just 'marketing wonder-stuff' and money rip-off.

Don't buy water-free Caffeine from the free-market.
Only buy Caffeine which is subject to sale by pharmacists, so you get laboratory sterile Caffeine.

It sells as "Coffeinum N 0.2g" and is produced by Mylan Dura.
They sell it in 20 and 50 packages.

4584653.jpg

Last edited:
You don't need any of that crap. It is all sales hype and disinformation.

Just remember - Everything you think you know about nutrition is probably wrong. Take for instance - the need for lots of PROTEIN!! What a crock! I exercise in a fasted state most of the time and have never lost an ounce of muscle. I only eat twice a day and never worry about a pre-or post workout snack shake or supplement- and I've never lost an ounce of muscle because of it. Some days I only eat about 1/3 of the "bodybuilder" recommended amount of protein - and still no loss of muscle. The food industry realized we are all getting fatter- so they came up with the most crackpot theory of all time....eat 6 times a day instead of 3!! So, like mindless drones, millions of health conscious people started to eat 6 small meals a day.....and they got fatter and fatter. The newest solution?? eat 8 times a day!! What's next? a steady drip of High Fructose corn syrup??

The bottom line is this - Jak'd , stacked, cracked - whatever product is - they are all designed to do one thing - separate you from your hard earned money. Exercise because it feels good and it makes you look good. Eat when you are hungry- and eat real food 80% of the time- like a caveman would - not soda's, cookies, pasta and bread. Do that and you'll look good naked. Isn't that why you are exercising anyway??

Just remember - Everything you think you know about nutrition is probably wrong. Take for instance - the need for lots of PROTEIN!! What a crock! I exercise in a fasted state most of the time and have never lost an ounce of muscle. I only eat twice a day and never worry about a pre-or post workout snack shake or supplement- and I've never lost an ounce of muscle because of it. Some days I only eat about 1/3 of the "bodybuilder" recommended amount of protein - and still no loss of muscle. The food industry realized we are all getting fatter- so they came up with the most crackpot theory of all time....eat 6 times a day instead of 3!! So, like mindless drones, millions of health conscious people started to eat 6 small meals a day.....and they got fatter and fatter. The newest solution?? eat 8 times a day!! What's next? a steady drip of High Fructose corn syrup??

The bottom line is this - Jak'd , stacked, cracked - whatever product is - they are all designed to do one thing - separate you from your hard earned money. Exercise because it feels good and it makes you look good. Eat when you are hungry- and eat real food 80% of the time- like a caveman would - not soda's, cookies, pasta and bread. Do that and you'll look good naked. Isn't that why you are exercising anyway??

This is 90% bullshit, Zander, and because it works for you doesn't change that, it's merely anecdotal.

This is 90% bullshit, Zander, and because it works for you doesn't change that, it's merely anecdotal.

What part is bullshit? We have over a million years of human evolution to look back upon. Do you think cavemen ate 6 meals a day with lean protein at each sitting? Did they also make sure to drink a Casein shake before bed, so they could "preserve" their lean muscle? Did they make sure to have a "pre-workout" shake before running away from a large predator?? Nope, nope and NOPE!! They ate what they could, when they could, and lifted heavy things once in a while. They were hunter gatherers and they could go weeks without food - and so can you. Powerful vested interests want you to eat 6 meals a day - not because it actually improves metabolism as they say, but because it sells more product. Period.

At any rate, I don't really care what you do - after all it's your money, your life, and your time. If you want to spend your cash buying supplements, pep pills, and Protein powder, go for it!! If eating 6 small meals a day is satisfying for you - go for it! The Placebo effect is probably worth it.

Personally, I'd rather eat a real meal with lots of satisfying real ingredients like steak, broccoli, and lots of butter- maybe once or twice a day; than eat like a bird 6 times a day. But that's just me. I am preparing a huge meal for tonight- about a pound of wild caught coho salmon, potatoes and leeks in a huge pile of butter, and a romaine salad with fresh roasted peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese.

I'll continue to do what I do - It works for me and plenty of other people. The problem is the system I use is free and requires very little discipline or money to follow....:lol:

LOL. I have a couple cups of coffee. Then go to work. What my workout will consist of depends on what they have broken. Almost everything is out of position for lifting, and greasy to boot. At first break, I eat whatever was left over from supper. More coffee, of course. And, if I am lucky, at the end of eight hours, I can go home. Sometimes 12 hours.

The idea of workouts is kind of foreign to me, the kind of work that I do, millwright, has always kept me in pretty good shape.

LOL. I have a couple cups of coffee. Then go to work. What my workout will consist of depends on what they have broken. Almost everything is out of position for lifting, and greasy to boot. At first break, I eat whatever was left over from supper. More coffee, of course. And, if I am lucky, at the end of eight hours, I can go home. Sometimes 12 hours.

The idea of workouts is kind of foreign to me, the kind of work that I do, millwright, has always kept me in pretty good shape.

That is what man is designed to do -get his exercise from work. Going to a gym and lifting weights is not natural. But if you have a job that does not require physical labor, some exercise is needed. A good brisk walk outside is more than enough - no chronic cardio - just a nice walk. Do a few pull ups, push ups, and planks twice a week. No need to join a gym and waste all that time and money.

Ever noticed the same fat slobs going to the gym for years and yet they never improve their physiques? They keep doing the same shit over and over -complex body split weight lifting routines and chronic cardio. That is insane!! I'd guess that over 80% of weight gain is from diet alone. If every fat slob in America cut out sugar, corn, refined carbs and skipped a meal once or twice a week - 99% of them would find their correct body weight in a few months even without exercise. They would also improve their insulin response and energy levels. But that "prescription" doesn't sell many books, supplements, videos, or powders.

Sugar, grains, corn - are the axis of evil in the modern diet! :lol:

Yep Old, people I used to work with crack me up. They pay someone to mow their lawn then pay more money to workout in a gym doing boring repetitive motions.

When I was able I mowed my own yard cut about 20 cords of wood a year, gardened, painted my barn, Planted corn, worked cattle, hay, etc. Plenty of work to keep me in shape, even if my job did not.

I just haul 100 lb feed sacks and other shit up and down mountain goat type hills in the rainforest. It seems to work (at killing me):tongue:
Do they still have carrot juice smoothies at Bali Scandinavian ? Or did they move overseas too ?

Personally, I'd rather eat a real meal with lots of satisfying real ingredients like steak, broccoli, and lots of butter- maybe once or twice a day; than eat like a bird 6 times a day. But that's just me. I am preparing a huge meal for tonight- about a pound of wild caught coho salmon, potatoes and leeks in a huge pile of butter, and a romaine salad with fresh roasted peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese.

I'll continue to do what I do - It works for me and plenty of other people. The problem is the system I use is free and requires very little discipline or money to follow....:lol:

And it's much tastier!

Forum List

Back