Praying public school teacher resigns

Just so long as it doesn't include the word "Jesus" it is OK. ;)

Yup, allowing Muslims to pray is just wise thinking, allowing Christians to pray is against the Constitution. After all Christians won't blow you up if you do not believe.

are you purposely being dishonest?

ALLOWING students to pray is NOT the same thing as a teacher LEADING the students in prayer!

christian students can pray all day long

they can sit at their desks and close their eyes and pray to god all during every class

and then suffer the inevitable failing grades

christian students can pray at lunch time
recess

before each class

They just can't force everyone else to pray with them
(nor can muslims)
(nor can PUBLIC SCHOOL teachers lead the class in prayers)

pretty much. i'm not quite sure why some people find that distasteful.

Yup, allowing Muslims to pray is just wise thinking, allowing Christians to pray is against the Constitution. After all Christians won't blow you up if you do not believe.

ALLOWING students to pray is NOT the same thing as a teacher LEADING the students in prayer!

they can sit at their desks and close their eyes and pray to god all during every class

recess

before each class

(nor can muslims)

Creating extra breaks in a crowded school day and extra time after lunch for JUST one religion is exactly the same thing. But then you hypocrites don't mind when one appeases Islam.

recess

before each class

(nor can muslims)

Creating extra breaks in a crowded school day and extra time after lunch for JUST one religion is exactly the same thing. But then you hypocrites don't mind when one appeases Islam.
some of us on here have stated we are against any modification of the school schedules and such to accomodate ANY religion.

Nobody should get to rearrange a public school schedule to suit their religious desires.

What she said.

And yet all across the Country Public Schools are doing it. New York did, California did it and now we find out other districts are doing it. And not one peep from atheists or the ACLU. BUT a Christian teacher prays and we have posters announcing how they demanded action.

You are correct. The ACLU bunch are cowards, ot just blinded by liberalism. Athists, most of which I think are pretty good people, have jerks who are so weak that everything about Jesus offends them. Well, you need to know that Jesus will, in the end, give you food reason to be afraid. He paid a price for you, and you spit on Him. He is stilling to forgive you, and you slap Him in the face by demanding the name of God be removed from everything in America.

Christians will not back down from this muslim issue. There are good muslims I am sure. However, why don't they loudly proclaim these terrorists are wrong? I think it is because the terrorists are following the Quran and Muslim religion.

God bless America

What she said.

And yet all across the Country Public Schools are doing it. New York did, California did it and now we find out other districts are doing it. And not one peep from atheists or the ACLU. BUT a Christian teacher prays and we have posters announcing how they demanded action.

You are correct. The ACLU bunch are cowards, ot just blinded by liberalism. Athists, most of which I think are pretty good people, have jerks who are so weak that everything about Jesus offends them. Well, you need to know that Jesus will, in the end, give you food reason to be afraid. He paid a price for you, and you spit on Him. He is stilling to forgive you, and you slap Him in the face by demanding the name of God be removed from everything in America.

Christians will not back down from this muslim issue. There are good muslims I am sure. However, why don't they loudly proclaim these terrorists are wrong? I think it is because the terrorists are following the Quran and Muslim religion.

God bless America

Muslim Condemnations of 9/11
Muslim leaders speak out against violence and terrorism
By Huda, About.com Guide

In the aftermath of the violence and horror of 9/11, criticisms were made that Muslim leaders and organizations were not outspoken enough in denouncing acts of terrorism. Muslims are constantly perplexed by this accusation, as we heard (and continue to hear) nothing but unequivocal and unified condemnations by the leaders of our community, both in the United States and worldwide. But for some reason, people are not listening.

For the record, the inhuman attacks of September 11 were condemned in the strongest terms by virtually all Islamic leaders, organizations, and countries. Thethe Chairman of Saudi Arabia's Supreme Judicial Council summarized that, "Islam rejects such acts, since it forbids killing of civilians even during times of war, especially if they are not part of the fighting. A religion that views people of the world in such a way cannot in any sense condone such criminal acts, which require that their perpetrators and those who support them are held accountable. As a human community we have to be vigilant and careful to preempt these evils."

For more statements by Islamic leaders, see the following compilations:

•Scholars of Islam and the Tragedy of September 11th - statements compiled by over 50 professors of Islamic Studies and Middle Eastern Studies from the U.S. and Canada, members of the American Academy of Religion in Atlanta, GA
•Islamic Statements Against Terrorism in the Wake of the September 11 Mass Murders - compiled by Professor Charles Kurzman, University of North Carolina
•Muslim American Groups Denounce Terrorist Attacks - from the U.S. Department of State, September 12, 2001
•Kuala Lumpur Declaration on International Terrorism - unanimously adopted at the April 2002 conference of the Islamic Conference of Foreign Ministers (held by the 56 member nations/states of the Organization of Islamic Conference)

September 11 Terrorist Attack - Muslim Scholars Condemn September 11 Terrorist Attack

I guess Fox just does not speak about it much?

Yep, a long time ago but the people in that area supported her in her defiance because they thought that everyone needs God, the Christian God, anyway. I'm sure this must be happening at other schools in that area but we'll take them one at a time.

How do you atheists feel about Muslim prayer in school? Making special arrangements for them to have a prayer time and place?

Muslim Prayer in Public Schools: Are Public Schools Accommodating Islam Over Christianity?

"These schools are giving the Islamic students breaks to pray during the school day. In fact, the complaint has been made that an extra recess was created in the San Diego district just for prayer.

How Much Prayer?
According to Akram Shami, from the Islamic Center of Southern California in Los Angeles, "We pray to God, we worship God, and we recite verses from the Koran. Prayer is typical at noon or 1 p.m. but there are five daily prayers." [Randy Dotinga, The Christian Science Monitor, scmonitor.com, July 12, 2007] Shami goes on to say that in some public schools, students leave classes momentarily or even wait to pray when they get home.

At Carver Elementary School in San Diego students are praying 15 minutes during an afternoon recess and an hour after lunch. Extra breaks were put into the school day this year to accommodate 100 Muslim students that transferred from a closed Arabic languge program."

Read more at Suite101: Muslim Prayer in Public Schools: Are Public Schools Accommodating Islam Over Christianity? Muslim Prayer in Public Schools: Are Public Schools Accommodating Islam Over Christianity?
Any muslim teacher making their kids do muslim prayers in class should be fired too.

Where did this say they were making students do Muslim prayers in class. Please read it for the first time.

School costs money. How dare they waste tax payer money on such nonsense.

What she said.

God bless America

The problem here, Smartt is that you're misunderstanding the issue. Allowing time out of the classroom for students to pray is NOT the same as a teacher leading a class in prayer. Give up the "poor little persecuted christian" act.

Muslims ARE speaking out against terrorism even though they are not obligated to explain away your reason for being a bigot. The implication is that they are suspect until they state that they are against terrorism. I don't remember ever seeing you state that the acts of christian terrorists was wrong. Why are you demanding something of Muslims that you don't do yourself?

Well, you need to know that Jesus will, in the end, give you food reason to be afraid. He paid a price for you, and you spit on Him. He is stilling to forgive you, and you slap Him in the face by demanding the name of God be removed from everything in America.

This is histrionic bullshit. Can you cite even a few cases where anyone is trying to remove God "from everything in America"?? You rabid fundies can't stand having to follow the rules that everyone else has to follow so now you're having a temper tantrum and whining about everything being taken away from you. Please post your examples right here on this thread.

recess

before each class

(nor can muslims)

Christianity is appeased by not having school on Sunday.

(BTW...do you think schools would ignore a CORE TENET of Christianity if there was a requirement to pray at set times? I remember when Catholicism required no meat on Friday that NO PUBLIC SCHOOL cafeteria served meat....it was fish or meatless)

Forum List

Back