Prayers needed!!!

Fmr jarhead

Aug 9, 2004
SoFLA
I am not a particularly religious guy, but I know that there is a close family friend that can use some of the support you all can provide....

He was traveling on business in MI, and got the call all parents dread to get. No details, just that his 5 year old son, Noah, is being airlifted to Springfield, MO in critical condition.

Here is the email I received this morning from another co-worker in the same office:

"At 6:00pm on November 9th, 2004 5 year old Noah Barnes leaped into the arms of his heavenly father. Noah was a great little guy that I personally am priveledged to have known. Please keep the Barnes family in you prayers as their is no manual for our emotions for an issue such as this! As you know Barnes is my bro............even with the strong faith I have.........this one is hard. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated!"

I don't know all the details, except that he was struck by the school bus as he was returning home from school, in the Branson, MO area.

Fmr jarhead said:
I am not a particularly religious guy, but I know that there is a close family friend that can use some of the support you all can provide....

He was traveling on business in MI, and got the call all parents dread to get. No details, just that his 5 year old son, Noah, is being airlifted to Springfield, MO in critical condition.

Here is the email I received this morning from another co-worker in the same office:

"At 6:00pm on November 9th, 2004 5 year old Noah Barnes leaped into the arms of his heavenly father. Noah was a great little guy that I personally am priveledged to have known. Please keep the Barnes family in you prayers as their is no manual for our emotions for an issue such as this! As you know Barnes is my bro............even with the strong faith I have.........this one is hard. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated!"

I don't know all the details, except that he was struck by the school bus as he was returning home from school, in the Branson, MO area.
Mine are on the way!!

Something like this just happened here in NJ a while back. Beautiful 2 year old little girl, let go of Mommies hand while Mommy was getting her Brother off the bus, the girl wondered to the front of the bus, and not knowing she was there, the driver left and ran her over, killing her. It's a tragic thing, so yes, prayers will be extended to the Barnes family!!!!

They're also in our Prayers!!
Last year a mom was crossing the street with her daughter to put her on the bus. A tractor trailor hit the back of the bus and the bus ran over the little girl. It's just too sad!!!

Thank you all for the kind words, and the prayers. WE will be travelling to Branson for the services this weekend.

The burden of grief on the shoulders of Noah's family is great, and the prayers are indeed a blessing! Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for the family, nor the gratitude I have for those of you who are so quick to respond in the time of need. Thank you, very much!

Here is the latest from the news..... http://www.news-leader.com/today/1111-Childstruc-223837.html

Child struck, killed by school bus
Five-year-old Noah Barnes died Tuesday after falling down in front of his school bus.

By Kathryn Buckstaff
News-Leader Staff

Branson — Grief hung like a veil over Branson's Cedar Ridge School on Wednesday as word spread about the death of a 5-year-old kindergarten student hit by a school bus.

About 3 p.m. Tuesday, Noah Barnes got off the bus in the Spring Meadows subdivision just east of Branson. According to the Missouri Highway Patrol, Noah fell down in front of the bus and was run over. The child was taken by ambulance to Skaggs Community Health Center and then airlifted to Cox South hospital in Springfield where he was pronounced dead at 4:45 p.m.

Noah's family declined to comment Wednesday.

Patrol investigators were at the school Wednesday, interviewing several children who were potential witnesses to the accident, said Superintendent Doug Hayter. The bus carried only elementary students.

Until the investigation is completed, bus driver Victor Fischer, 53, of Kirbyville is on paid leave and will undergo drug and alcohol testing, Hayter said. Fischer has been driving for the district since last December. He could not be reached for comment.

State regulations require pupils to cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus. The Missouri School Bus Operator's Permit Procedure Manual says: "The driver should not put the bus in motion until the last pupil off of the bus is at least 10 feet away from the bus."

Hayter said he knew of no complaints that had been received about Fischer. Such complaints would be investigated by the district's director of transportation and could ultimately be brought before the school board, Hayter said.

In the subdivision, neighbors said they have worried about the dozen or so children who ride the bus each day.

The unmarked bus stop is on a hill on a narrow county-maintained street that has no posted speed limit. The stop is about four blocks from Noah's home. Cars turning off Missouri 76 often "just fly through here," said Michael Flood who moved to the subdivision from Wilmington, Ill., about three months ago.

"It's a death trap," Flood said. "I knew something was going to happen someday, but I thought it would be a car hitting someone, not the bus."

Although his 5-year-old son, Cole, also rides the bus, Flood said he wasn't aware of the accident until Wednesday.

When the children get off the bus, "they wander all over the street," said Kelly Lamborn, who lives across the street from the bus stop. She's lived there since 1986, and her daughter Christine, now a junior at Branson High School, rode the bus until she recently got her driver's license.

"With little kids, there's no way to be too careful," said Lamborn's father, Jim Margrave.

Taney County Presiding Commissioner Chuck Pennel said commissioners would consider looking into conditions on Spring Meadows Parkway.

He said he doesn't remember complaints of speeders on that street.

"We do get complaints on different roads, and we have put up some signs and the sheriff also has patrolled some of those," Pennel said.

At Branson schools, teachers were alerted early Wednesday with counselors on hand to spend time with students, Hayter said. Counselors also were on the bus that carried Noah, he said.

The district has 268 kindergarten students. About 2,400 children — 70 percent of the school's enrollment — ride the buses.

Hayter said he doesn't remember any other such accident in the school district.

"The state has strict standards and training for drivers, and rules for conduct are posted on the buses," Hayter said. "Something like this creates heightened awareness, but I think we have everything in place for the safety of our students."

Forum List

Back