Prayer in School:

Really, some of you people REALLY need to learn to laugh. Get a freaking sense of humor, you're going to give yourselves ulcers if you can't even take a joke! :cuckoo:

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:
'Let me see if I've got this right.
'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.
'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.
'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.
'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.
'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.
'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.
'You want me to do all this and then you tell me: I CAN'T PRAY?

:lol:
apparently your prayers haven't worked up till this point if all they've gotten you is a job you can't stand at a salary you don't appreciate. why do you think more of the same will help you now? :lol:

EZ clearly loves her job. You think she's praying for a better salary? :lol: You could be right!

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:
'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.
'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.
'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.
'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.
'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.
'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

It sound like you really hate you job!

Maybe you should try to find yourself another job that is more rewarding to you. I find it utterly repulsive that such ungrateful, lazy liberals like yourself are indoctrinating our children with liberal ideals and teaching them the fine art of laziness, the benefits of collecting welfare checks, and the pleasures of gay sex!

A SHAME, I TELL YOU!!!

Maybe you should try to find yourself another job that is more rewarding to you. I find it utterly repulsive that such ungrateful, lazy liberals like yourself are indoctrinating our children with liberal ideals and teaching them the fine art of laziness, the benefits of collecting welfare checks, and the pleasures of gay sex!

A SHAME, I TELL YOU!!!

Now that's more like it!

You forgot about me teaching them to pray to Allah every day, making sure all the text books have hidden messages about Islam, and making them watch Obama's talk to students in a continuous 24 hour loop!

A SHAME, I TELL YOU!!!

Now that's more like it!

You forgot about me teaching them to pray to Allah every day, making sure all the text books have hidden messages about Islam, and making them watch Obama's talk to students in a continuous 24 hour loop!

FILTHY LIBERAL!

Are you planning on instituting a dress code?

shepard-fairey-008-up-obama-t-shirt-2.jpg
shepard-fairey-008-up-obama-t-shirt-1.jpg

Do some people on this site get up every morning and have a bowl of stupid for breakfast? I thought the joke was funny even though it did contain quite a few elements of truth. Take a deep breath and relax a bit folks. I started off my school day - every day - from the 1st grade through the 7th grade with the Pledge of Allegience (sp?) to the Flag and the Lord's Prayer. It didn't seem to hurt me much and I don't know of anybody that it did. Of course, that was back before America became so fucked up.

Earth to Black Dog:

We still say the Pledge every day in school. Glad you think your country is f*cked up, that's the American way! ;)

If you have to do all that, then PRAY AT HOME! Because you should be doing your job. You're NOT getting paid to pray.

I pray at home. I am in the school everyday, and I pray there too. No need to pray outloud. It accomplishes the same thing when we just remember that the Holy Spirit is in us, and He is the one who takes our prayers and places them before God. I pray for individual students, that God will bless them, that He will get them to a point where they might trust God. I pray for healing and hyelp for teacchers and students. I pray that God will give me oportunity to speak to them about Him. When that last one is answered, I love it. I know that I am in God's will because I am given specifically an opportunity to talk to them aboutwhat really matters in life.

God does answer my prayers, and It is awesome how often I am free to share my faith in the very specific will of God. In that place there is no law that rightly can stop me. However, I also know that I can still face some consequences, if someone says they are offended.

Oh, I have never been called on a time when I actually have shared my faith in the schools, or even when I have prayed with a student. Why? because it ie between God and me, and that student. God loves them enough to allow for that to happen. Actualy, each time that happens, the student brings up the subject, or it comes up outside of my efforts. That is just how I know it is God's will.

I know I have offended some. Sorry 'bout that. I wonder why Christians are called all kinds of names when they are offended. But others get front row seats in the court case. Nevermind.

Oh, please, Christians here who are using profanity, please don't do that. It is a disgrace to the faith. It is in the Word, that profanity is wrong.

Is there a pill for the humor challenged?

I think Luissa started an oxycontin thread, that's pretty funny too!

Who would think a funny email I got from my friend Cindy, who is a school psychologist, would cause such an uproar? :cuckoo: {maybe the :lol: I posted after the joke threw them off.............}

You can pray anywhere you want. It's protected by the Constitution.
Your right to believe is protected by the Constitution. Your right to practice your religion, including prayer, is limited. For instance, you can prayer over a tax-supported PA system in a school because you are coercing others to listen to you. You, however, with your friends can gather at the flag pole and pray all you want because that is voluntary.

If you have to do all that, then PRAY AT HOME! Because you should be doing your job. You're NOT getting paid to pray.

Perhaps you should stay at home and masturbate. After all that's what wankers do and you sir, are a classic case of a wanker!

99 change hands.

New Topics

Forum List

Back