Pray away the gay with Mittens.........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Looks like Romney has more problems...........

Wayne Besen of Truth Wins Out appeared on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show on Thursday night to discuss how former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney indirectly helped fund so-called “pray away the gay” therapy.

The Tyler Charitable Foundation, set up and funded by the Romneys, donated $10,000 in 2006 to the Massachusetts Family Institute, which promotes the ex-gay therapy. The charity also donated $25,000 to the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, which opposes same sex marriage and has compared LGBT activists to the terrorist group al Qaeda.

Besen noted that one of the ex-gay organizations promoted by the Massachusetts Family Institute claims that gay men can become more masculine “by drinking Gatorade and calling their friends ‘dude.’”

“There is nothing scientific about these groups,” he said. “They’re rejected by every respected medical and mental health organization in the world.”

“Basically anybody with credibility rejects attempts to change sexual orientation.”

Romney charity money went to ‘pray away the gay’ group | The Raw Story

Discuss............

Wayne Besen of Truth Wins Out appeared on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show on Thursday night to discuss how former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney indirectly helped fund so-called “pray away the gay” therapy.

The Tyler Charitable Foundation, set up and funded by the Romneys, donated $10,000 in 2006 to the Massachusetts Family Institute, which promotes the ex-gay therapy. The charity also donated $25,000 to the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, which opposes same sex marriage and has compared LGBT activists to the terrorist group al Qaeda.

Besen noted that one of the ex-gay organizations promoted by the Massachusetts Family Institute claims that gay men can become more masculine “by drinking Gatorade and calling their friends ‘dude.’”

“There is nothing scientific about these groups,” he said. “They’re rejected by every respected medical and mental health organization in the world.”

“Basically anybody with credibility rejects attempts to change sexual orientation.”

Discuss............

Sounds like a bunch of FAUX rage.

The 2 problems right there are highlihghted and sized to provide empasis on the bigger of the 2 problems ;)

Hey.......he did contribute to this, knowing full well what the organization was about.

He's also stated he wants to bring back DADT and kick all the openly serving gays out.

Nope, he's gonna have a hard row to hoe.

Discuss............

Uh oh!

Looks like Romney may have just lost the LGBT vote and the liberal vote.

Discuss............

Uh oh!

JUST? Just? really Just?

Aren't you from MA? I could have sworn you were.....Romney was against the whole gay marriage thing the whole time it was being fought here, he already lost them then ;)

I'm wondering why he's supporting something that has been thoroughly debunked (pray away the gay doesn't work)?

Discuss............

That's almost as funny as Focus on the Family's advice for fathers to shower with their young sons and show them there....ahem.....family jewels in order to keep them straight.

Drinking Gatorade and calling someone "dude" doesn't make you straight.

I've known a gay person or two who DID drink Gatorade, and called people "dude", but they were trying to stay hidden.

Hmmm............by that logic, would drinking tea and calling everyone "darling" make a person gay?

I suppose somebody in his organization should have an understanding as to exactly what his contributions are funding. However the dollar amounts are small in relation to Romney's total donations so tough to point a firm finger.

I like the theory that Gatorade consumption will remove the gay!

I suppose somebody in his organization should have an understanding as to exactly what his contributions are funding. However the dollar amounts are small in relation to Romney's total donations so tough to point a firm finger.

I like the theory that Gatorade consumption will remove the gay!

That's because the lions share of his charitable donations is actually a tithe he's required to pay as a Mormon.........

Mormons are required to attend a Tithing Settlement with the Bishop each year. A member is questioned in a one-on-one interview with the Bishop to ensure the member is paying a full 10%. Those members who are not paying a full 10% loose their temple recommends and are prevented from entering the Temple.

Mormons who loose their temple recommends are in serious jeopardy of loosing their Celestial blessings. A Mormon who does not pay tithing cannot enter the temple. If a member cannot get into the temple, the member cannot learn the secret handshake, secret password, secret "new name" and special “sealings”. Without these, the member will be unable to pass Joseph Smith and the angels who guard the entrance to the Celestial Kingdom.

Mormons are commanded that tithing must come first before anything else. Utah has the highest rate of bankruptcies in the United States. Mormons often are told "I cannot pay my bills until I've paid my tithing." Mormons will even pay their tithing rather than give the money to a relative who is on the verge of eviction. Mormon published magazines (Ensign, New Era) constantly stress that tithing must always be paid.

Recently, Mormon Senator Orrin Hatch passed legislation that allowed members to pay a full tithe even while they were in bankruptcy court. (See S. 4044).

Mormons are told: "if a destitute family is faced with the decision of paying their tithing or eating, they should pay their tithing." (Lynn Robbins, General Conference, April 2005).

The Mormon Curtain - MORMON TITHING

I've known a gay person or two who DID drink Gatorade, and called people "dude", but they were trying to stay hidden.

Hmmm............by that logic, would drinking tea and calling everyone "darling" make a person gay?

yes.......

yes.......

My wife doesn't think so. She loves being called "darling" and I love tea, not that sweet stuff, though. :coffee:

Discuss............

Uh oh!

Yeah, Like any Republican was actually going to get the LGBT or Liberal Vote to begin with. Please.

Saying that he would have signed NDAA killed any chances I ever had of voting for him.
me too, he will push bigger government and minimize liberty no matter what he says now. Same with Newt and Ricky.
Thank God we still have organizations like the ACLU and liberty-minded organizations in the midst of all this crap.

So you all would rather just support the Guy who ACTUALLY did sign the NDAA.

LOL

Liberal Logic.

me too, he will push bigger government and minimize liberty no matter what he says now. Same with Newt and Ricky.
Thank God we still have organizations like the ACLU and liberty-minded organizations in the midst of all this crap.

So you all would rather just support the Guy who ACTUALLY did sign the NDAA.

LOL

Liberal Logic.
The difference is that we want to elect someone who will REPEAL it.

And considering pretty much everybody in the House and Senate voted for it, it'll be an uphill battle.

If someone like Ron Paul gets in, however, he can use the bully pulpit to repeal the bill.

Forum List

Back