Praise and Worship Music

I avoid anything that has anything to do with his ministries. I know him and his son, Donny. They are slimy, greedy, elitist and downright mean spirited people. They look down at those that send them money in the same way P.T. Barnum did, "There's a sucker born every minute." I have personally witnessed Donny laugh at the misery of another and refuse to return a donation a wife made. Turns out she did it without husband's knowledge and it was the motgage payment. That family is evil riding around in a fleet of enormously expensive cars (a hobby of Jimmy's, collecting expensive cars).

I avoid anything that has anything to do with his ministries. I know him and his son, Donny. They are slimy, greedy, elitist and downright mean spirited people. They look down at those that send them money in the same way P.T. Barnum did, "There's a sucker born every minute." I have personally witnessed Donny laugh at the misery of another and refuse to return a donation a wife made. Turns out she did it without husband's knowledge and it was the motgage payment. That family is evil riding around in a fleet of enormously expensive cars (a hobby of Jimmy's, collecting expensive cars).

I do not know him personally. I knew he repented of sin he fell into but I was not aware of his collecting expensive cars, etc. Treesha. Thanks for letting me know about that. As for the music - I won't post any more of his music. I believe the gifts are without repentance because Jesus said to many who called him LORD - depart from me, ye worker of iniquity, I never knew you. I do believe there will be many ministers among that number although I am not saying I know the heart of Jimmy Swaggart because I don't. I only know his music ministry was a gift and the Lord used him to win many souls to Christ in the past. I have heard testimonies of people who were addicted to drugs and were delivered from hearing one of his sermons years ago. As to what he is doing this day - I do not know - but I take you at your word about it and won't post his music again. Thank you for speaking up.

Tresha, I called my husband and told him what you said and he agrees with you. He says he had a check in his spirit about his ministry and does believe your discernment is right on. I think it is safe to say that it is probably best for people to consider that television ministries these days are not the place to send financial support. The Gospel is not dependent upon such methods but rather in each of us sharing Jesus Christ with others and supporting the ministries that care for widows and orphans and get very little support. We support Hand of Help Ministries that is run by Michael Boldea Jr. I know that his ministry has an orphanage and they do not get anywhere near the support the big name ministries receive. I also know he and his family live in an apartment and do not live a lavish lifestyle. They are humble servants and do not have a television ministry. Thanks again for your comment.

I don't usually talk trash about people. I just happen to know them and have heard them reveal themselves (not the wife). Currently, my donations go to the Salvation Army but am always looking for worthy causes if they feel genuine.

I don't usually talk trash about people. I just happen to know them and have heard them reveal themselves (not the wife). Currently, my donations go to the Salvation Army but am always looking for worthy causes if they feel genuine.

I like the Salvation Army too! I still give them because I know they are caring for the poor. Their founder, Booth was a very wonderful Christian man. I didn't take it as you talking trash about anyone - you are being honest about what you see and I appreciate your honesty, Treesha.

There's nothing wrong with 'rock' Christian music, praise can come in many forms, the style of music behind the lyrics does not matter. Listening to rock music doesn't invite demons either, silly and ridiculous.

Forum List

Back