Practicing religion without force

Sky also thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses are responsible for old people who are brutalized by thugs who come to their door.

Her reasoning is that because JH's often come to the door, the dumb old people assume that everybody is safe, and thus open the door to monsters who would otherwise wait quietly on the other side of the door.

She also believes that Christians should not be allowed in politics. She thinks she is being "forced" when she is on a public street and is subjected to street preaching. Apparently she is unable to escape it.

She believes Christians should not teach children.

So the things that Sky believes are this:

Christians should not be allowed to teach their own children, because sharing their values with them does not constitute teaching, if they are sharing Christianity, it constitutes "forcing religion".

Christians should not be allowed to teach any children, because their beliefs may seep into their world view, and we can't have them contaminating the public's children with their morality and their value system, if it originates in Christianity.

Christians should be excluded from all politics because likewise, they would allow their Christian faith to influence their decisions, and apparently Sky thinks this is a violation of separation of church and state. I guess she thinks the state isn't supposed to have religious thoughts or behave morally, if that morality stems from Christianity.

Jehovahs Witnesses are responsible for the deaths of untold numbers of old people.

Jehovah's Witnesses scare Sky.

This is the fruit loop that is Sky.

Sky's problems with Christianity all stem from the fact that she isn't truly a buddhist.

Those are soldiers.
Soldiers have to do what they're told to. Sometimes that means church, sometimes it means parades.

Sky also thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses are responsible for old people who are brutalized by thugs who come to their door.

Her reasoning is that because JH's often come to the door, the dumb old people assume that everybody is safe, and thus open the door to monsters who would otherwise wait quietly on the other side of the door.

She also believes that Christians should not be allowed in politics. She thinks she is being "forced" when she is on a public street and is subjected to street preaching. Apparently she is unable to escape it.

Christians should not be allowed to teach their own children, because sharing their values with them does not constitute teaching, if they are sharing Christianity, it constitutes "forcing religion".

Christians should not be allowed to teach any children, because their beliefs may seep into their world view, and we can't have them contaminating the public's children with their morality and their value system, if it originates in Christianity.

Christians should be excluded from all politics because likewise, they would allow their Christian faith to influence their decisions, and apparently Sky thinks this is a violation of separation of church and state. I guess she thinks the state isn't supposed to have religious thoughts or behave morally, if that morality stems from Christianity.

Jehovahs Witnesses are responsible for the deaths of untold numbers of old people.

Sky's problems with Christianity all stem from the fact that she isn't truly a buddhist.

1. I don't care if Christians teach children. Most of the people I work with and like are Christian.

2. I never said anything about JW scaring old people or causing their deaths. THAT'S A LIE.

3. I never said Christians should be excluded from politics. THAT'S A LIE. I have said they should not get to keep tax exempt status when they preach politics from the pulpit.

4. Separation of Church and state as regards school prayer means to me that a teacher should not be leading children in prayer during school hours. A moment of silence is appropriate.

5. PLEASE STOP SPREADING LIES ABOUT ME ALLIE BABA. PLEASE STOP CALLING ME NAMES. My problems with Christianity stem from my early childhood. Naturally, I am grouchy about the wau that LDS, RCC and some other Christian groups oppose the civil rights of gay people. Churches that support the execution of gays aren't my friend.

Last edited:
Seems wise to me. What do you think?

Isn't America great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one here to force religion on you.

------------------

Soldiers punished for skipping Christian concert? - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

troops punished for not attending christian concert

Christian fundamentalist bigotry reigns at US Air Force Academy

cadets punished for not attending christian meetings.

Thank you for pointing this out.

1. I don't care if Christians teach children. Most of the people I work with and like are Christian.

2. I never said anything about JW scaring old people or causing their deaths. THAT'S A LIE.

3. I never said Christians should be excluded from politics. THAT'S A LIE. I have said they should not get to keep tax exempt status when they preach politics from the pulpit.

4. Separation of Church and state as regards school prayer means to me that a teacher should not be leading children in prayer during school hours. A moment of silence is appropriate.

5. STOP SPREADING LIES ABOUT ME ALLIE BABA. My problems with Christianity stem from my early childhood and the way that LDS, RCC and some other Christian groups oppose the civil rights of gay people.

You're the liar, Sky. You lie to yourself and others.

And if your problems stem from early childhood, maybe you should deal with them, instead of expecting everyone else to kowtow to your bizarre freakishness.

Define what 'force' you are referring to then?
Force is when you make your kids go to church and attend a religous school. Force is when nuns use corporal punishment on you.

Force is when you aren't able to get medical care from a doctor because your parents think God will cure you.

Untl a child comes of voting age they have only the rights their parents grant them. They do not have the right to freely move arond as they please. They do not have a right to drink, vote inter into a biding contract drive a car or buy a gun.

Children have a right to be medically cared for when they are sick. Religion should not interfere with that.

I disagree that teaching is in and of itself force. I'm a teacher. Force is not necessary.

Define what 'force' you are referring to then?
Force is when you make your kids go to church and attend a religous school. Force is when nuns use corporal punishment on you.

Force is when you aren't able to get medical care from a doctor because your parents think God will cure you.

School is school, teaching is force.

Peer pressure is also force. Monkey see monkey do is force.
Cohesion is also force. Gentle speaking and treats are force.
Corporal punishment is no the only way to punish. Mental twisting is also punishment and force.

I also agree about what you are calling force.

Any and all religion in terms of children is force.

5. STOP SPREADING LIES ABOUT ME ALLIE BABA. My problems with Christianity stem from my early childhood and the way that LDS, RCC and some other Christian groups oppose the civil rights of gay people.

You're the liar, Sky.

STOP CALLING ME A LIAR. Back up your allegations of me with direct quotes from my posts before you tell me what I said that's a lie.

Also, before you spin out of control...again...keep in mind I don't go to your profile, post messages to you there, send you wacked out neg reps, start thread after thread about you, then whine all over the open board that I'm being *abused* by you.

Nutcase.

Oooohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm....remember to keep those positive thoughts and compassion going. It's obvious to everyone just how much you really are about positivity and compassion. Every thread you start about Christianity exemplifies your unfortunate mental state and inability to think straight. You'd be best served by working on your own issues instead of spewing them all over the place and expecting anyone to take you seriously.

You're the liar, Sky.

STOP CALLING ME A LIAR. Back up your allegations of me with direct quotes from my posts before you tell me what I said that's a lie.

Again, accusing me of what you did.

Did you call me a liar? I think you did.

Unfortuately for you, you're wrong, and you remain the liar.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I have to give Sky a little credit. When she started the thread, knowing her history, I knew it was yet another thread with the primary intent being a rail against Christianity, specifically the RCC.

It took her to page 3 to play her hand, which was a page and a half deeper than I ever thought she would make it.

Sky, buddhism isn't your answer. When you find the right religion for you, all of the anger and hate you have for other religions will vaporize completely and instantaneously. Your juxtaposition with EVERYONE's understanding of buddhism is comical and sad, all at the same time. You obviously are not a Christian, and you are just as obviously not a buddhist.

Keep searching, because eventually, Buddha is going to piss you off too.

Last edited:
Those are soldiers.
Soldiers have to do what they're told to. Sometimes that means church, sometimes it means parades.

Soldiers should not be forced by the government to go to church.

if these soldiers were forced to attend atheist/humanist meetings or islamic services allie would be hissing a different tune

sane and rational people understand that NO SOLDIER should be FORCED to attend ANY RELIGIOUS services

period.

Her thinking isn't organized enough for her to ever resolve anything without outside help, I can tell you that.

I call sending me PMs telling me to "fuck off bitch" abusive, Allie Baba. I told you not to PM me anymore or I would report you. YOU started the PM because I neg repped you. I did so because you name call. It's one of the few things I neg rep for.

Yes, I posted a question asking you if that was your picture in your profile. So what?

You post invisibly so we don't know who you visit.

Last edited:
No, I do not consider any exposure to religion force. If a child wanders into a temple and asks questions no one is forcing them in anything.

Are you a Catholic, syrenn? I hope I haven't offended you.

No, you have not offended me in the least :)

Having a temple available to a child...is force. Anyone answering questions within that temple or religion is applying force.

Absolutely not. Answering a child's questions is not force. Not allowing a child to ask questions is force. Making a child attend church when they've shown no interest in it is force.

You know nothing about force then.

What information and how that information is given is a force. Getting a child to sing along with everyone else having a good time is force....

Not all religion is bad... not all religious indoctrination is evil and hurtful....

All religious indoctrination no mater how benign.... is force.

Those are soldiers.

if these soldiers were forced to attend atheist/humanist meetings or islamic services allie would be hissing a different tune

sane and rational people understand that NO SOLDIER should be FORCED to attend ANY RELIGIOUS services

period.

Do you have any understanding of what the American military is all about? The oaths they take?

Soldiers are ordered to do all sorts of things they don't want to do. Sometimes they're forced to attend concerts, lol. Sometimes they're forced to march in parades. Sometimes they have to go to dances.

It's terrible, all that uniformed presence in public places.

Those are soldiers.

period.

Exactly. They were forcing Jews, atheists, and muslims to attend a Christian concert. Very inappropriate.

When they refused, they were punished. It was THEIR leisure time.

Forum List

Back