Poverty

Wages have not kept pace with such mandatory spending such as food, shelter, energy and medical care. Maybe if you stretch really hard you can find a way to blame this 30 year trend on the party that is not actively involved in attacking the minimum wage, union membership, higher education and reacting in horror to any and all protectionist measures.

Yeah blame republicans, stock answer from you. Food, has skyrocketted up since the ehtanol disaster. Remember alternate energy and we were the next Brazil.....ooooooops.....all it did was jack food prices....another unintended consequence

Shelter... well what caused house prices to rise?

energy....yeah lets not use coal and oil...you know the CHEAP energy....instead we have to use expensive "green" energy, I want my insandescent CHEAP lightbulb back

Medical care....get rid of lawsuits and make insurance like the phone companies, but instead we have laws that PROHIBIT competition and we need to get it away from being in your job....it should be much more like car insurance in that regard.

Unions raise prices and so does the mw, so I'm not a big fan

I blame this globalization, free market, free trade, trickle down crap that was force fed to a public who really never wanted a lousy unstable service based economy in the first place but had no choice as the good jobs fled to the third world to keep a bunch of fickle stockholders happy and a republican party who threw themselves on every attempt to stem the tide. There are still people who will throw-up in their mouth at the mention of protectionism, especially the US (chinese) chamber of commerce who continue to dictate conservative economics to a collaborative republican party.

Wages have not kept pace with such mandatory spending such as food, shelter, energy and medical care. Maybe if you stretch really hard you can find a way to blame this 30 year trend on the party that is not actively involved in attacking the minimum wage, union membership, higher education and reacting in horror to any and all protectionist measures.

Yeah blame republicans, stock answer from you. Food, has skyrocketted up since the ehtanol disaster. Remember alternate energy and we were the next Brazil.....ooooooops.....all it did was jack food prices....another unintended consequence

energy....yeah lets not use coal and oil...you know the CHEAP energy....instead we have to use expensive "green" energy, I want my insandescent CHEAP lightbulb back

Medical care....get rid of lawsuits and make insurance like the phone companies, but instead we have laws that PROHIBIT competition and we need to get it away from being in your job....it should be much more like car insurance in that regard.

I blame this globalization, free market, free trade, trickle down crap that was force fed to a public who really never wanted a lousy unstable service based economy in the first place but had no choice as the good jobs fled to the third world to keep a bunch of fickle stockholders happy and a republican party who threw themselves on every attempt to stem the tide. There are still people who will throw-up in their mouth at the mention of protectionism, especially the US (chinese) chamber of commerce who continue to dictate conservative economics to a collaborative republican party.

Actually I'm not a big fan of it either, but remember OBama and Clinton and most democrats are as well, so be honest about it. The problem is that people want cheap stuff, and we dont make it cheap nor is our quality all that great. I do blame unions for this, I have not seen an industry where unions have helped since the 60s...unions are like NATO...at one point they had a purpose, they dont now. Look at sports unions, arguing over millions per year...do I really care????????

when you have a family, 30k isn't all that much in this country. It'll keep your kids from starving....but when you consider housing, utilities, transportation, Day Care until the kids hit school age, food and any extraneous spending....from clothing to toilet paper, and then those durable goods that pop up from time to time...car repairs...appliance replacement, etc....$30k is two minimum wage jobs, or one job making about $15/hr....

So what do you expect? Everyone to be rich? What is your average standard of living?

what do I expect? I expect the standard of living when I was a kid...where an overhead crane operator in a fabrication plant can support his family comfortably...even with only an 8th grade education. I want to turn the clock back to our heyday..when rich people were still extremely wealthy, but didn't have an issue with actually trickling down.

Conservatives, on the other hand, seem to want to go back further....most? to the early 1900's where men like the Rockerfellers and the Carnegies raked it in on slave labor rates and coal barons forced their employees to buy in company owned stores that made more profit on those goods, oft times putting their employees in debt to them.

I mean...we've seen this time after time these pat 30 years....they fuck up, shrug their shoulders, and demand more breaks....like dumb asses, we keep giving them to 'em.....it's like a horrific game of "kick the football Charlie Brown...
this time I swear I won't pull the ball away!".....Let me tell you a secret.....We sure as fuck aren't playing the role of Lucy.

No that's where you are wong....the problem is those unskilled jobs are leaving because anyone can do them. It started in the 60s since unions jacked up the cost and striked over minor issues. Then you had the everyone should go to college crowd and everyone bought it. So noone cared those jobs left, becaue they were going to college and getting good jobs.....they didnt think that if everyone went to college, then college is no longer an advantage.....maybe if they took a logic class, they would have realized it....and colleges when are they going to control tuition and books? Since liberals love college....you never hear anyone bitch about those, do ya?>

Actually I'm not a big fan of it either, but remember OBama and Clinton and most democrats are as well, so be honest about it. The problem is that people want cheap stuff, and we dont make it cheap nor is our quality all that great. I do blame unions for this, I have not seen an industry where unions have helped since the 60s...unions are like NATO...at one point they had a purpose, they dont now. Look at sports unions, arguing over millions per year...do I really care????????

Why are you blaming unions? They are a shadow of their former selves having had to give back fifty years of gains in the last ten years, management won but unfortunately we are still too proud and expect too much for our labors, maybe when Americans will actually work for actual chicken feed.....

Why are you blaming unions? They are a shadow of their former selves having had to give back fifty years of gains in the last ten years, management won but unfortunately we are still too proud and expect too much for our labors, maybe when Americans will actually work for actual chicken feed.....

Beause when this started was in the 70s when they were full force and unions only negotiate when forced too. They just demand or strike, and it's over stuff like a 3rd week of vacation....sorry not tuggin on the heartstring with that

Beause when this started was in the 70s when they were full force and unions only negotiate when forced too. They just demand or strike, and it's over stuff like a 3rd week of vacation....sorry not tuggin on the heartstring with that

When this started, as you say, most people now working for a living were children or not even born, It's not like people these days are the overfed fringe benefit gluttons of myth. Americans have been living on less and less every year for a long time, it's high time to drop the union scapegoat, it has not been a factor for many years.

When this started, as you say, most people now working for a living were children or not even born, It's not like people these days are the overfed fringe benefit gluttons of myth. Americans have been living on less and less every year for a long time, it's high time to drop the union scapegoat, it has not been a factor for many years.

due we were talking about he causes...there are no good unskilled jobs left, why?????? because unions pushed them out with stupid demands and b eing petty, like in the Boeing case. WHY WHY say they cant build in SC, just because it's right to work? those were good jobs, that could have helped people, but instead, we have to have UNION labor, FUCK UNIONS....they have lost clout and most people see them for what they are, scams....but we have a NLRB that is backed by the Prez and they make stupid decisions like this. Boeind should be able to build a fucking plant without having to consult with this bunch of assholes,,,and gee why do we lose jobs to places that dont have this shit goin on, I wonder

Forum List

Back