Poverty in Africa is caused by the IMF and the World Bank

Thanks! It seems that most machete attacks occur in South Africa, CAR, and Kenya.
Thats not the whole of Africa but you made your point.... It gives me the chills!

The thing is ..? South Africa is the bread basket and the financial heart of the whole of Africa. If it's screwed the rest of Africa is as well.

Well, you haven't posited enough information to convince me to agree. Many of the developing African nations are still suffering from the debilitating effects of Structural Adjustment Programs implemented by the IMF. Get the IMF and the world Bank out of Africa and I think we may begin to see light at the end of the tunnel for many exploited nations. Please look up the term Structural Adjustment Programs so your response will have relevance.

South Africa is the farming region. Without it Africa would have to import it's food to a great extent.
Without stability there Africa is screwed.

The thing is ..? South Africa is the bread basket and the financial heart of the whole of Africa. If it's screwed the rest of Africa is as well.

Well, you haven't posited enough information to convince me to agree. Many of the developing African nations are still suffering from the debilitating effects of Structural Adjustment Programs implemented by the IMF. Get the IMF and the world Bank out of Africa and I think we may begin to see light at the end of the tunnel for many exploited nations. Please look up the term Structural Adjustment Programs so your response will have relevance.

South Africa is the farming region. Without it Africa would have to import it's food to a great extent.

Your sorry assed one liner won't cut it. farming of every sort occurs all over Africa. Unlike you, I have a link to back my premise.

Crops :link:

The OP is retarded.

Anything that starts with "controlled by NM Rothschild" is retarded.

Ergo, the OP is retarded.

No, the Op is not retarded and neither is the author of the link I provided. I know NM Rothschild died in 1836 but his name is still attached to the multinational company he started. Its called NM Rothschild & Sons. Obviously the author in my link shortened the title to "NM Rothschild" thinking that his targeted readership would understand. But, too often, people with little or no imagination read something that transcends their worldview and , automatically, they assume its "retarded."

Just because you can't find a nexus between NM Rothschild & Sons and the IMF doesn't mean there isn't one. Some people are smart enough to know how to use a search engine, others can't seem to figure it out. When you finally figure it out, come on back and join the conversation.

The Rothschilds exert powerful influence over the world’s major news agencies. By repetition, the masses are duped into believing horror stories about evil villains. The Rothschilds control the Bank of England, the Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank, the IMF, the World Bank and the Bank of International Settlements. Also they own most of the gold in the world as well as the London Gold Exchange, which sets the price of gold every day. It is said the family owns over half the wealth of the planet—estimated by Credit Suisse to be $231 trillion—and is controlled by Evelyn Rothschild, the current head of the family.
http://www.infowars.com/the-rothschilds-want-iran’s-banks/

The "kill the farmer, kill the Boer" lot are doing just that...murdering all the White farmers in Z, SA etc.

See Obama, Hollywood etc speaking out against the genocide?

The White farmers and their families, who were growing Africa's food.
One is entitled to shake one's head at Africa, it sure has not the first idea.

Africa...doomed to self destruct.

The white farmers controlled all arable land and grew food for export.

I agree, because there really aren't enough of them starving already.

Cheap subsidized foreign ag products are undercutting African nation farming efforts.

They can't compete. Get it?

Then there are the chickens;

BBC News - Zambian chicken farmers lose trade to Chinese

Zambian chicken farmers lose trade to Chinese

video

Chicken traders in Zambia's Lusaka Market said they were concerned Chinese competition had destroyed local businesses, Justin Rowlatt found.

Some claimed Chinese farmers were feeding chickens substances to make them increase in size.

Be very careful of anything that is processed in China - tilapia - frozen fish sticks - look at the label - these fish are farmed and the conditions are filthy. They could be packaged elsewhere but the fish were farmed in China. You are right to be concerned about the Chinese. I found this speech about America by the Chinese Defense Minister to be very alarming. Here's the link:

The Journal of History

and here is a clip from the link:

It is indeed brutal to kill one or two hundred million Americans. But that is the only path that will secure a Chinese century, a century in which the CCP leads the world. We, as revolutionary humanitarians, do not want deaths. But if history confronts us with a choice between deaths of Chinese and those of Americans, we'd have to pick the latter, as, for us, it is more important to safeguard the lives of the Chinese people and the life of our Party. That is because, after all, we are Chinese and members of the CCP. Since the day we joined the CCP, the Party's life has always been above all else! History will prove that we made the right choice.

Last edited:
Dumping cheap agricultural exports onto African markets hasn't helped either.

Cheap subsidized foreign ag products are undercutting African nation farming efforts.

As though Africans would be able to grow enough food by themselves to feed them all. So then tomorrow, we stop sending them food. What'll happen? Half the continent will starve within 6 months.

As though Africans would be able to grow enough food by themselves to feed them all. So then tomorrow, we stop sending them food. What'll happen? Half the continent will starve within 6 months.

There is no economic incentive TO FARM.

Geez you folks are thick.

Your sorry assed one liner won't cut it. farming of every sort occurs all over Africa. Unlike you, I have a link to back my premise.

Your link doesnt prove shit..LOL.

Your link doesnt prove shit..LOL.

At least I posted one. Posting your wild ass assumptions REALLY don't mean shit!

Part of the problem too is roads. Or rather, the lack of them. If you can't easily move goods around you can't sell or import them. Another's, exporting too much of their food for money from international corporations. That's usually fine and dandy, but without basic infrastructure like roads and bridges, all the money in the world doesn't let you do anything if you can't get anywhere to buy things you need. Plus, if you're exporting all your food to Europe and elsewhere, what are you going to eat?

Was a great PBS documentary a while back about the fishing situation on Lake Victoria where the native fisherman sell off their catches to European companies, and though they got paid for it, there wasn't anything left in town to buy so many starved. Short-sightedness and exploitation by foreign companies is perhaps their biggest problem.

And sucky as it is, the more we give them in aide and cash, the less inclined they are to build themselves up from within. We're making them dependent on such aide, and staving off famine with food aide in effect is only allowing the current, saved generation to live long enough to reproduce and multiply the problem for the next generation. Who still hasn't done anything to ward off the next famine and now has to be saved again repeating the cycle. I'm not for ending such aide, saving life is what should be done every time. But we should acknowledge that doing it isn't doing anythign good for them long-term and in addition to food, medicine, and other life-saving aide we need to widen the aide to allow them to build up their infrastructure. If that means replacing local warlords and criminal gangs with foreign occupiers so be it.

Part of the problem too is roads. Or rather, the lack of them. If you can't easily move goods around you can't sell or import them. Another's, exporting too much of their food for money from international corporations. That's usually fine and dandy, but without basic infrastructure like roads and bridges, all the money in the world doesn't let you do anything if you can't get anywhere to buy things you need. Plus, if you're exporting all your food to Europe and elsewhere, what are you going to eat?

Good point> However, all of the appalling conditions you mention smack of Structural Adjustment Programs implemented by the IMF/world Bank. That’s their modus operandi: introducing stipulations whereas debtor nations are contractually obligated to export their crops, goods or resources to the Western nations at bargain prices. Simultaneously the debtor nation must open its market to international interests so cheap goods, resources and products can be dumped with impunity. Native farmers and producers cannot compete with cheap foreign products. Thus, the local and national economies decline precipitously.

Was a great PBS documentary a while back about the fishing situation on Lake Victoria where the native fisherman sell off their catches to European companies, and though they got paid for it, there wasn't anything left in town to buy so many starved. Short-sightedness and exploitation by foreign companies is perhaps their biggest problem.

Yes, I saw that! What I did not see was any mention of the IMF/ World Bank as the catalyst behind this exploitation!

And sucky as it is, the more we give them in aide and cash, the less inclined they are to build themselves up from within. We're making them dependent on such aide, and staving off famine with food aide in effect is only allowing the current, saved generation to live long enough to reproduce and multiply the problem for the next generation. Who still hasn't done anything to ward off the next famine and now has to be saved again repeating the cycle. I'm not for ending such aide, saving life is what should be done every time. But we should acknowledge that doing it isn't doing anything good for them long-term and in addition to food, medicine, and other life-saving aide we need to widen the aide to allow them to build up their infrastructure. If that means replacing local warlords and criminal gangs with foreign occupiers so be it.

AID? Hardly. There are no free lunches out there. The word Aid is being bantered about as if our government cares about African Blacks enough to give them ‘free stuff.” That is NOT true. Most of this “AID” is “given” at a huge cost to the impoverished nations of the world, including many African countries.

Forum List

Back