Poverty in Africa is caused by the IMF and the World Bank

Hopefully, the Chinese will be less demanding while helping to build Infrastructure in some African Countries.

How China's taking over Africa, and why the West should be VERY worried | Mail Online

How China's taking over Africa, and why the West should be VERY worried

You may have a point! But whatever the Chinese are doing cosmetically, a prime underlying motive is the export of critical resources to China! Whether the Chinese are neo-Colonists remains to be seen.

Sure looks like colonialism/slavery to some people;

PETER HITCHENS: How China has created a new slave empire in Africa | Mail Online

PETER HITCHENS: How China has created a new slave empire in Africa

Why did they want to kill us? What was the reason for their fury? They thought that if I reported on their way of life they might lose their livings.
Livings? Dyings, more likely.

Peking power: A Chinese supervisor cajoles local workers as they dig a trench in Kabwe, Zambia

These poor, hopeless, angry people exist by grubbing for scraps of cobalt and copper ore in the filth and dust of abandoned copper mines in Congo, sinking perilous 80ft shafts by hand, washing their finds in cholera-infected streams full of human filth, then pushing enormous two-hundredweight loads uphill on ancient bicycles to the nearby town of Likasi where middlemen buy them to sell on, mainly to Chinese businessmen hungry for these vital metals.
To see them, as they plod miserably past, is to be reminded of pictures of unemployed miners in Thirties Britain, stumbling home in the drizzle with sacks of coal scraps gleaned from spoil heaps.

etc

Yeah..we speak the truth and get negged for it.
Thanks by the way. It means I struck a nerve.

Now you come back and say how great things are in africa compared to the old days.
Come on,you know you want to.

What truth have you spoken? Your implication that "hacking deaths" are\were a continental occurrence is BS. Can you show where these atrocities took place? That would be helpful to the reader in deciding the veracity of your assertion.

:bang3: That I even had to do this says everything......
https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=south+africa+machete+attacks

Thanks! It seems that most machete attacks occur in South Africa, CAR, and Kenya.
Thats not the whole of Africa but you made your point.... It gives me the chills!

How China's taking over Africa, and why the West should be VERY worried | Mail Online

How China's taking over Africa, and why the West should be VERY worried

You may have a point! But whatever the Chinese are doing cosmetically, a prime underlying motive is the export of critical resources to China! Whether the Chinese are neo-Colonists remains to be seen.

Sure looks like colonialism/slavery to some people;

PETER HITCHENS: How China has created a new slave empire in Africa | Mail Online

PETER HITCHENS: How China has created a new slave empire in Africa

Why did they want to kill us? What was the reason for their fury? They thought that if I reported on their way of life they might lose their livings.
Livings? Dyings, more likely.

Peking power: A Chinese supervisor cajoles local workers as they dig a trench in Kabwe, Zambia

These poor, hopeless, angry people exist by grubbing for scraps of cobalt and copper ore in the filth and dust of abandoned copper mines in Congo, sinking perilous 80ft shafts by hand, washing their finds in cholera-infected streams full of human filth, then pushing enormous two-hundredweight loads uphill on ancient bicycles to the nearby town of Likasi where middlemen buy them to sell on, mainly to Chinese businessmen hungry for these vital metals.
To see them, as they plod miserably past, is to be reminded of pictures of unemployed miners in Thirties Britain, stumbling home in the drizzle with sacks of coal scraps gleaned from spoil heaps.

etc

But i wonder if the Structural Adjustment Programs of the IMF offered any improvements in human rights and wages/ earnings?

Sometimes you log in to USMB and you run across a retarded thread like this, and you just have to laugh.
And then you wonder what the hell goes through some people's mind...

What truth have you spoken? Your implication that "hacking deaths" are\were a continental occurrence is BS. Can you show where these atrocities took place? That would be helpful to the reader in deciding the veracity of your assertion.

:bang3: That I even had to do this says everything......
https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=south+africa+machete+attacks

Thanks! It seems that most machete attacks occur in South Africa, CAR, and Kenya.
Thats not the whole of Africa but you made your point.... It gives me the chills!

The thing is ..? South Africa is the bread basket and the financial heart of the whole of Africa. If it's screwed the rest of Africa is as well.

The thing is ..? South Africa is the bread basket and the financial heart of the whole of Africa. If it's screwed the rest of Africa is as well.

Before white people were around things like this happened and there are still lots of Black people in Africa. Dont worry.

Dumping cheap agricultural exports onto African markets hasn't helped either.

I agree, because there really aren't enough of them starving already.

Cheap subsidized foreign ag products are undercutting African nation farming efforts.

They can't compete. Get it?

Then there are the chickens;

BBC News - Zambian chicken farmers lose trade to Chinese

Zambian chicken farmers lose trade to Chinese

video

Chicken traders in Zambia's Lusaka Market said they were concerned Chinese competition had destroyed local businesses, Justin Rowlatt found.

Some claimed Chinese farmers were feeding chickens substances to make them increase in size.

Before white people were around things like this happened and there are still lots of Black people in Africa. Dont worry.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Well, you haven't posited enough information to convince me to agree. Many of the developing African nations are still suffering from the debilitating effects of Structural Adjustment Programs implemented by the IMF. Get the IMF and the world Bank out of Africa and I think we may begin to see light at the end of the tunnel for many exploited nations. Please look up the term Structural Adjustment Programs so your response will have relevance.

Forum List

Back