Poverty in Africa is caused by the IMF and the World Bank

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
Many Americans castigate Africa and other continents in the mistaken belief that corruption and mismanagement is innate everywhere. Most never investigate further to seek the causes of these media driven widespread allegations.

Taking a second look at the poverty in Africa is quite revealing. While corruption , war and pestilence has, according to western media outlets, to some degree been the harbingers of economic failure, the catalyst behind that dysfunction has been the IMF/World Bank.
Ralph said:
The World Bank - IMF is owned and controlled by NM Rothschild and 30 to 40 of the wealthiest people in the world. For over 150 years they have planned to take the world over through money. The former chief economist of the World Bank, Joe Stiglitz, was fired recently. He pointed out to top executives that every country the IMF/World Bank got involved in ended up with a crashed economy, a destroyed government, and sometimes in flames with riots. Jim Wolfensen, the president of the World Bank would not comment on his dismissal.
Before Joe Stiglitz was fired he took a large stack of secret documents out of the World Bank. These secret documents from the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund reveal that the IMF required nations:

1. to sign secret agreements of 111 items
2. in which they agreed to sell off their key assets - water, electric, gas, etc.
3. in which they agreed to take economic steps which are really devastating to the nations involved
4. in which they pay off the politicians billions of dollars to Swiss bank accounts to do this transfer of a countries fixed assets

If they do not agree to these steps they are cut-off from all international borrowing. Today if can't borrow money in the international marketplace, no one can survive, whether you are people or corporations or countries. If that does not work they overthrow the government and plant lies about the former government and/or even rewrite history.

Even as white Americans point to the destruction of Detroit as a subset of the innate character of Black folk, agents of “whiteness” are using Structural Adjustment Programs under the auspices of the IMF and the World Bank to wreck the economies of 36 African Nations.
SAPs require governments to: cut public spending,(including eliminating subsidies for food, medical care and education);

raise interest rates, thus reducing access to credit;

privatize state enterprises;

Increase exports; and reduce barriers to trade and foreign investment such as tariffs and import duties.

These measures are supposed to generate export-led growth that will attract foreign direct investment and can be used to reduce debt and poverty.

Doesn’t that sound familiar? Isn’t that exactly what the GOP is attempting in the USA? Don’t fall for it… One study revealed this:

According to a three-year, multi-country (including three African countries) study released in April 2002 by the Structural Adjustment Participatory
Review International Network (SAPRIN),which was prepared in collaboration with the
World Bank, national governments and civil society, SAPs have been “expanding poverty, inequality and insecurity around the world. [They have] torn at the heart of economies and the social fabric...increasing tensions among different social
strata, fueling extremist movements and delegitimizing democratic political systems. Their effects, particularly on the poor are so profound and pervasive that no amount of targeted social investments can begin to address the social crises that they have engendered.”
http://www.halifaxinitiative.org/updir/ImpoverishingAContinent.pdf

I don't know about your theory on the GOP...

But I will say that it's sad that Africa seems to be perpetually manipulated by outsiders

They are not the only ones. Any country perceived as third world is at risk.

Debt is an efficient tool. It ensures access to other peoples’ raw materials and infrastructure on the cheapest possible terms. Dozens of countries must compete for shrinking export markets and can export only a limited range of products because of Northern protectionism and their lack of cash to invest in diversification. Market saturation ensues, reducing exporters’ income to a bare minimum while the North enjoys huge savings. The IMF cannot seem to understand that investing in … [a] healthy, well-fed, literate population … is the most intelligent economic choice a country can make.

— Susan George, A Fate Worse Than Debt, (New York: Grove Weidenfeld, 1990), pp. 143, 187, 235

Could Africans low IQ levels have anything to do with it?

I don't know about your theory on the GOP...

But I will say that it's sad that Africa seems to be perpetually manipulated by outsiders

In nearly three years since the GOP retook the House and made debt panic stylish again, the deficit has shrunk dramatically, every piece of economic data has indicated austerity is harming the recovery and costing the country jobs, and the academic argument for being a debt hawk has collapsed under the weight of its own errors. Rather than shift their policy prescription in response to these facts, House leaders have retrenched around austerity to such a degree that they are now demanding cuts they themselves rejected just a year ago

3 Charts That Show The GOP's Austerity Demands Keep Getting More Extreme

Hopefully, the Chinese will be less demanding while helping to build Infrastructure in some African Countries.

The "kill the farmer, kill the Boer" lot are doing just that...murdering all the White farmers in Z, SA etc.

See Obama, Hollywood etc speaking out against the genocide?

The White farmers and their families, who were growing Africa's food.
One is entitled to shake one's head at Africa, it sure has not the first idea.

Africa...doomed to self destruct.

Hopefully, the Chinese will be less demanding while helping to build Infrastructure in some African Countries.
Can't Africans build there own infrastructure?

Yes, but dealings with the IMF has caused much of the liqiud assets to vanish into western coffers. what happened to the IMF' stranglehold on African assets?

Here is the REST of the story:

The Dakar
2000 conference (held in Dakar, Senegal) brought
together leaders of NGOs and social movements
from all over Africa in December 2000 to analyze
the debt crisis and the impacts of IMF/World Bank
Structural Adjustment Programs on African
populations.​

In that meeting there was a call to ignore the debt generated by the IMF and to scuttle the Structural Adjustment Programs. (SAPS) The Chinese, recognizing the opportunity, stepped up with better deals and are not demanding anything close to the SAPS!

How China's taking over Africa, and why the West should be VERY worried | Mail Online

How China's taking over Africa, and why the West should be VERY worried

You may have a point! But whatever the Chinese are doing cosmetically, a prime underlying motive is the export of critical resources to China! Whether the Chinese are neo-Colonists remains to be seen.

I bet africa is longing for the good old days...
I mean sure hacking people to death with machetes is great fun,but the whole starving to death kind of takes the shine off it.

Republicans :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah..we speak the truth and get negged for it.
Thanks by the way. It means I struck a nerve.

Now you come back and say how great things are in africa compared to the old days.
Come on,you know you want to.

I bet africa is longing for the good old days...
I mean sure hacking people to death with machetes is great fun,but the whole starving to death kind of takes the shine off it.

Now you come back and say how great things are in africa compared to the old days.

What truth have you spoken? Your implication that "hacking deaths" are\were a continental occurrence is BS. Can you show where these atrocities took place? That would be helpful to the reader in deciding the veracity of your assertion.

Last edited:

What truth have you spoken? Your implication that "hacking deaths" are\were a continental occurrence is BS. Can you show where these atrocities took place? That would be helpful to the reader in deciding the veracity of your assertion.

:bang3: That I even had to do this says everything......
https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=south+africa+machete+attacks

Forum List

Back