POTUS Was Correct re: CA Weed Abatement

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Not sure why there is so much grief over the comment. When I lived in Southern California there were/are strict city, or county codes that require you to clear brush X number of feet from your home in high fire areas like Ojai and other towns in the foothills and mountains. If you didn't, the fire department would clear your property and send you the bill

But clearly, the towns emergency notifications (text, phone, social media) needs revamped. The city and county will likely be crushed by the law suits that surely will be coming

-Geaux

Not sure why there is so much grief over the comment. When I lived in Southern California there were/are strict city, or county codes that require you to clear brush X number of feet from your home in high fire areas like Ojai and other towns in the foothills and mountains. If you didn't, the fire department would clear your property and send you the bill

But clearly, the towns emergency notifications (text, phone, social media) needs revamped. The city and county will likely be crushed by the law suits that surely will be coming

-Geaux
The biggest problem with reverse 911 is it requires you have a landline and a phone that does not plug into electricity.

Power is the first thing lost in a fire, and many have replaced landlines with cellphones.

-Geaux
The biggest problem with reverse 911 is it requires you have a landline and a phone that does not plug into electricity.

Power is the first thing lost in a fire, and many have replaced landlines with cellphones.
Agreed. But they have other OPT IN methods like cell phone alerts, text, Facebook etc. The big issue was the failure to get the word out to these outlets. Those who did not opt in notwithstanding

-Geauxx

-Geaux

There is no more town. With a fire front driven by dry winds out of the desert moving at 60 mph....by the time you read the text, it is too late.

Brush cleaning should work to supress most forest fires, but this was unusual.

-Geaux

an option for an address for emergency services? it could be sent and based on that.

-Geaux
Seems like it should be common sense.

Another reason to draft the unorganized militia.

-Geaux

There is no more town. With a fire front driven by dry winds out of the desert moving at 60 mph....by the time you read the text, it is too late.

Brush clearing isn't enough. There needs to be a comprehensive management plan for both State/local lands and Federal lands.

The problem is that hard core enviornmentalists are part of the discussion. It's like having luddites be part of the FAA.

-Geaux

Regardless, the messaging did not go out in many cases, so we will never know.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Brush clearing isn't enough. There needs to be a comprehensive management plan for both State/local lands and Federal lands.

The problem is that hard core enviornmentalists are part of the discussion. It's like having luddites be part of the FAA.

I think people who build a house in a fire prone area should build a second house in a non-fire prone area.

-Geaux

I think people who build a house in a fire prone area should build a second house in a non-fire prone area.
Nature always wins

-Geaux

-Geaux

Nature always wins

-Geaux

It is the same thing with beach house communities and hurricanes along the Gulf Coast. In any specific location, hurricanes show up once in a while and destroy the structures. Plan on it.

Last edited:

-Geaux

The whole west coast is a "fire prone area", as well as an earthquake prone area. The east coast is a hurricane prone area.

Things like this can be managed to reduce risk if zealots are not allowed to overtake the process.

Forestry experts would know how and why but generally east coast forredt floor mats are leaves. Out west it’s stubby brush and excellent tinder. Control the tinder, prevent most fires.

Liberals caused the deaths and property destruction.

For decades, environmental protection schemes have usurped common sense. For example, most fire ecologists say that the surest way of preventing massive forest fires is to use prescribed burns. The California Environmental Protection Agency states that “prescribed burning is the intentional use of fire to reduce wildfire hazards, clear downed trees, control plant diseases, improve rangeland and wildlife habitats, and restore natural ecosystems.”

How Misguided Environmentalism Is To Blame For California's Wildfires

-Geaux
It is still that way. Just that with a volunteer fire dept. there is no brush clearing and billing in outlying areas of the state.

-Geaux

The whole west coast is a "fire prone area", as well as an earthquake prone area. The east coast is a hurricane prone area.

Things like this can be managed to reduce risk if zealots are not allowed to overtake the process.
I remember when folks in Florida thought requiring buildings to have hurricane proof glass was considered outrageous.....until they realized it worked far better than not having it.

upload_2018-11-19_12-55-28.png

Watch Forbidden Footage Here! Dems Use California Fires to Grab Land – Infowars’ Most Banned Videos

The VIDEO is made up by someone else and not infowars .......

upload_2018-11-19_12-58-22.png

californiafireneighborhood.jpg

upload_2018-11-19_13-1-26.png

Must Watch: The California Wild Fires & Agenda 21

To much to question :

Forum List

Back