POTUS hails Gaddafi's death

Lockerbie forgotten.

And...apparently...the Berlin nightclub bombing forgotten too.

The jury is still out on that one. Some say Libya was involved some don't. But the bombing of Tripoli definitely caused Lockerbie.

And after Lockerbie, the focus should have been to bring Gaddafi to justice. But Reagan got weak in the knees after starting shit.

Lockerbie forgotten.

The jury is still out on that one. Some say Libya was involved some don't. But the bombing of Tripoli definitely caused Lockerbie.

And after Lockerbie, the focus should have been to bring Gaddafi to justice. But Reagan got weak in the knees after starting shit.

Just like when he cut and ran from Beiruit.

Yep.

Sent in the Marines. They were sitting ducks..then they got offed.

Reagan split.

Lockerbie forgotten.

Yeah...the Beirut barracks bombing proves that.

I has happy when the Wall came down.
I was elated when the Cold War was over.
I was glad when that fuckhole from Iraq got the noose.
I was glad to hear the osama caught a bullet to the head.
I was apauld to hear that big 0 murdered a US citizen w/o trial.
How could any American be happy to know that another person was executed w/o a trial, let alone liberals, while the President could have done something to prevent it.
I'm relieved kadaffi is dead though. Obama taking a victory lap is fucking beyond ignorant and just further proves that the left are the most ruthless war mongers on the planet. As history shows.

So, you were equally upset when Ceausescu was killed too.

Nicolae Ceausescu?

Back in 89?

On 25 December the Ceausescus are tried by a special military tribunal and convicted on charges of mass murder and other crimes. The sentence is death. Ceausescu and his wife are executed by firing squad shortly after the sentence is handed down. They are buried at an undisclosed location. After footage of their dead bodies is broadcast on national television the remaining resistance to the regime change falls away.

Nicolae Ceausescu killer file

He got a trial, probably a formality, but he got one none the less.

I has happy when the Wall came down.
I was elated when the Cold War was over.
I was glad when that fuckhole from Iraq got the noose.
I was glad to hear the osama caught a bullet to the head.
I was apauld to hear that big 0 murdered a US citizen w/o trial.
How could any American be happy to know that another person was executed w/o a trial, let alone liberals, while the President could have done something to prevent it.
I'm relieved kadaffi is dead though. Obama taking a victory lap is fucking beyond ignorant and just further proves that the left are the most ruthless war mongers on the planet. As history shows.

Nicolae Ceausescu?

Back in 89?

On 25 December the Ceausescus are tried by a special military tribunal and convicted on charges of mass murder and other crimes. The sentence is death. Ceausescu and his wife are executed by firing squad shortly after the sentence is handed down. They are buried at an undisclosed location. After footage of their dead bodies is broadcast on national television the remaining resistance to the regime change falls away.

You might want to check that "trial" out...scad minutes before they were shot. But I was sure you would have no problem with that one....after all, it occurred under a Republican adminstration.

So Obama really does have super powers? He could've flown down and stopped that bullet?

How about using his words to give a speech for the support and trial of Kaddafi to give some needed legitimacy to the forming governments?

But I guess one more speech would have been to much to ask.

aside from the fact we had no business being there.

Oh, a speech would have stopped a random Libyan guy from shooting Gadaffi, I see how that works now. I imagine that those fighting in the revolution tuned into every single one of Obama's speeches too, that they called ceasefires every time Obama called a press conference...

America's involvement there was fairly minimal, odds are the same result would have been achieved without the US's help, most of the rebels arms came from Italy, the no-fly zone could have been enforced by Italy, France, England and whoever else was involved without US support.

Nicolae Ceausescu?

Back in 89?

You might want to check that "trial" out...scad minutes before they were shot. But I was sure you would have no problem with that one....after all, it occurred under a Republican adminstration.

Did we involve ourselves?
No, we did not.

It was none of our business, at all, there's the difference you refuse to see.

Remember when George W. Bush actually made a deal with Gaddafi? Republicans were hailing that as a "result" of Iraq..because he gave up the "Nukes". What it really was, was accepting bloodmoney from a real live terrorist leader of a nation. But that didn't stop them from crowing on about how Iraq changed the game in the Middle East.

In truth, the situation was so dire on both ends, Libya and United States, in the Middle East, that George W. Bush had little choice because he needed "friends" there.

So Obama really does have super powers? He could've flown down and stopped that bullet?

How about using his words to give a speech for the support and trial of Kaddafi to give some needed legitimacy to the forming governments?

Oh, a speech would have stopped a random Libyan guy from shooting Gadaffi, I see how that works now. I imagine that those fighting in the revolution tuned into every single one of Obama's speeches too, that they called ceasefires every time Obama called a press conference...

America's involvement there was fairly minimal, odds are the same result would have been achieved without the US's help, most of the rebels arms came from Italy, the no-fly zone could have been enforced by Italy, France, England and whoever else was involved without US support.

brilliant

Then why does obama get to take a victory lap?

Dunno about that. America's air power is pretty fierce. And European resolution in these matters isn't exactly legendary..or legendarily bad.

brilliant

Then why does obama get to take a victory lap?

Because he's an egotistical douche, but the fact remains he couldn't have prevented Gadaffi being shot, short of a full scale invasion that is.

It is shame for all of us that Obama and other people hail Gaddafi's death. I reject to understand why POTUS the man who got Nobel Peace Prize praise death of another man even if he was a bad guy and say that 'victorious' war in Libya proved America's world leadership... Obama has the air of making the best of a bad job. The only thing proved by war in Libya and Gaddafi's lynching is that American policy failed because now more people consider America as aggressor who solves problems from position of strength, aggression and military intervention into domestic affairs of independent countries. I wonder who write such speeches full of nonsense for Obama which make him look like a complete idiot! The crisis of US and NATO is obvious so it's time to stop and abandon all these useless military operations. And if Reps will take the White House surely they will use trashy feelings of every American to justify the aggression and warfare! Remember all their 'projects' in Afghanistan and Iraq were not successful so be with any operation in future whatever you describe and motivate it.

So?

The Libyans would not have listened, they wanted him dead.

What were we supposed to do in Beirut? they were in the middle of a civil war, why were we even there? should we have stayed and occupied the whole country?

What were we supposed to do in Beirut? they were in the middle of a civil war, why were we even there? should we have stayed and occupied the whole country?

We shouldnt have been there in the first place but we definitely should not have let the killing of 241 U.S. service personnel go unanswered.

Americas involvement minimal? Do you have any idea how many bombs our boys dropped, or what would've transpired without them?

We shouldnt have been there in the first place but we definitely should not have let the killing of 241 U.S. service personnel go unanswered.

I can agree with that but I don't think invading that shit hole would have been a good idea, the Lebanese were killed each other left and right back in the 80's.

Forum List

Back