POTUS Debate Moderator is Biased

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
See boys and girls in the right wing! I can do it too!

But guess what? I have actual evidence!

Tom Brokaw Acting As NBC Liaison With McCain Campaign

Tom Brokaw ahead of the October 7 presidential debate being hosted by the veteran NBC newsman.

His mission, he said, was to assure the candidate's aides that -- despite some negative on-air commentary by Mr. Olbermann in particular -- Mr. McCain could still get a fair shake from NBC News. Mr. Brokaw said he had been told by a senior McCain aide, whom he did not name, that the campaign had been reluctant to accept an NBC representative as one of the moderators of the three presidential debates -- until his name was invoked.

"One of the things I was told by this person was that they were so irritated, they said, 'If it's an NBC moderator, for any of these debates, we won't go,' " Mr. Brokaw said. "My name came up, and they said, 'Oh, hell, we have to do it, because it's going to be Brokaw.' "

Now hells bells, why in the world would they do that for Tom Brokaw then? Here's a reason for starters:

Crooks and Liars Meet The Press: Brokaw’s “Fairness” Facts Pulled Out Of Thin Air To Make McCain Look Better

:eusa_whistle: Gee, why am I not surprised?

Where is the Right Wing outrage over this like it was in the other threads with the VP moderator? I'll be waiting for a answer from them especially. :badgrin:

Where was the outrage when Mike Wallace's bastard child ripped into Ron Paul during the republican debate? He suggested that Ron Paul wanted to take orders from al qaeda. I had never seen anything so blatant.

Now hells bells, why in the world would they do that for Tom Brokaw then? Here's a reason for starters:

Crooks and Liars Meet The Press: Brokaw’s “Fairness” Facts Pulled Out Of Thin Air To Make McCain Look Better

Where is the Right Wing outrage over this like it was in the other threads with the VP moderator? I'll be waiting for a answer from them especially. :badgrin:

This is a stretch here. They say "oh hell it's brokaw" because Brokaw is a legend and he's fair. He should be on PBS he's so unbiased.

This is a stretch here. They say "oh hell it's brokaw" because Brokaw is a legend and he's fair. He should be on PBS he's so unbiased.

you mean like Gwen Iffel is on PBS? :whistle:

I don't think Tom Brokaw is bias per se but I do think he favors McCain. I watched him the other morning on Meet the Press and he was ridiculous in trying to talk over the Obama rep who was making a valid point. He's no Tim Russert that's for damn sure.

you mean like Gwen Iffel is on PBS? :whistle:

I don't think Tom Brokaw is bias per se but I do think he favors McCain. I watched him the other morning on Meet the Press and he was ridiculous in trying to talk over the Obama rep who was making a valid point. He's no Tim Russert that's for damn sure.

Obama and McCain "yes men" need to be banned from TV. They're idiots. They won't make any other point other than to show how great their candidate is.

Anchor: "There are a million starving children in Africa"
McCain spokesperson: "And that's why when Senator McCain reforms the US government and he cuts porkbarrell spending he'll really show what a courageous leader hs is and then he'll go to Africa and cure AIDS and feed all the starving children there. Senator Obama has no plan to cure AIDS and feed the starving children in Africa."
Obama spokesperson: "And that's just why we've got to cut taxes for the middle class and find a solution to the 40 million people who don't have health insurance. Senator Obama has explained several times that the rich shouldn't get any richer. Senator Obama will give a speech to the African children and donate all left over funds from his campaign to the children in Africa."
Obama: "Yes we can"
McCain: "It's foolish to think that anyone else could do this but me."
Biden: "We've had a plan to feed the starving children since we first discovered Africa! Where are the Republicans denouncing starvation in Africa? THEIR SILENCE IS DEAFENING!"
Palin: What's Africa?

who would speak if all the "yes men" went away? everyone has an opinion and that opinion will be viewed as bias by one side or the other.

Omg, and they are both white too!

Is Brokaw coming out with a pro-McCain book?

So that hes not makes him unbiased?

Glad you feel that way. Nancy Pelosi isn't coming out with an Obama book, so she can moderate the debate, eh?

Brokaw is a legend. And I think he's proven himself. This is silliness.

Again, the campaigns had every opportunity to object to a particular moderator. No one should be using this now as a means to claim unfairness.

Forum List

Back