Potty Training!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
So we have started potty training... I have decided to just go with the flow, and not force it on my son.. Which I guess has worked. Tonight while my mom was babysitting, he told her he wanted to go potty, went in pulled his pants down, and sat on his toilet. Of course he didn't go, but at least he is getting it. lol
The best part is, he had to have a cell phone while sitting there.. So my mom got pics of him sitting on the toilet with his pants down, talking on her cell phone. :lol:
I would post the pic, but Mr. Winky is in them. :D
If you guys have any tips, that would be great.

I will have to figure out how to blur out Mr. Winky by the time he is a senior in high school. lol

Get the book "Once Upon a Potty"
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Once-upon-potty-Alona-Frankel/dp/0694013870#noop]Amazon.com: Once Upon a Potty--Boy (9780694013876): Alona Frankel: Books[/ame]

I read it to each of my four kids. It's great. :D

Oh how I miss those days. Enjoy!

My best advice is get a seat that closes automatically.

You know the argument of "put the seat down" Well poor thing, he tried,got up on the "seat" and fell in because his "hand holds" (rim if the seat) wasn't there!

good luck.

................nraforlife?

want a sick obcessed stalker bitch you are. Sorry but I like em a good bit younger say around 35. Not dried out sagging old biddies like you

You like your men around 35? Noted, I'll warn my gay friends in that age range to stay away from the old troll nraforlife in the gay bars.

And if you're stupid enough to believe that was really me in '86'-that makes it even more funny.

So we've proven you love to suck Fred Phelps dick, you like men around 35, and you're stupid as hell.

Excellent! :thup:

So we have started potty training... I have decided to just go with the flow, and not force it on my son.. Which I guess has worked. Tonight while my mom was babysitting, he told her he wanted to go potty, went in pulled his pants down, and sat on his toilet. Of course he didn't go, but at least he is getting it. lol
The best part is, he had to have a cell phone while sitting there.. So my mom got pics of him sitting on the toilet with his pants down, talking on her cell phone. :lol:

Sometimes I really miss those days ... other times not so much.

I always used a childs toilet seat on top of our own. This way it's cushy and comfy for them and they don't have to hold on for fear of falling in the toilet.
:lol:

Something like this.
http://common1.csnimages.com/lf/2/hash/1272/307060/1/Soft+Plastic+Farm+Theme+Child+Toilet+Seat.jpg

I'd say, whatever it takes to get him to continue to visit the toilet when he feels like he needs to pee. Cell phone? Sure!
I've found from personal experience, that little boys got a thing about peeing with their daddy. In fact, sometimes my youngest who has been potty trained for several years now, will still join my husband for a community pee.
Then I go in and clean the toilet and surrounding area.

I always used a childs toilet seat on top of our own. This way it's cushy and comfy for them and they don't have to hold on for fear of falling in the toilet.

Something like this.
http://common1.csnimages.com/lf/2/hash/1272/307060/1/Soft+Plastic+Farm+Theme+Child+Toilet+Seat.jpg

I'd say, whatever it takes to get him to continue to visit the toilet when he feels like he needs to pee. Cell phone? Sure!
I've found from personal experience, that little boys got a thing about peeing with their daddy. In fact, sometimes my youngest who has been potty trained for several years now, will still join my husband for a community pee.

My son is a shorty, so he can't get up on the regular toilet yet. So right now we just have one of those potty chairs. His dad isn't around really, so when my parents babysit him, he goes in with my dad.

The hardest part for me when it came to potty training was to remember to raise the toilet lid up before I went poop. It used to make my Mom so damned mad...

Yeah for potties!

We used these because they were kid-sized then when they really got the hang of it, we switched to a seat that fit over the regular toilet (so they wouldn't fall in). Note the manly red color. :lol:

123141.jpg

I found that two steps forward and one step back seemed to be the norm for my kids and my son took a bit longer than the girls to figure it out. But they all did eventually.

Something like this.

My son is a shorty, so he can't get up on the regular toilet yet. So right now we just have one of those potty chairs. His dad isn't around really, so when my parents babysit him, he goes in with my dad.
Grandpas come in handy! :)

Thinking back, I do remember asking the same question over and over and over .....

"Do you have to pee?"

Followed with ....

"Tell mommy if you have to pee, okay?"

Repitition.
It's all about repitition with little toddlers.

Yeah for potties!

We used these because they were kid-sized then when they really got the hang of it, we switched to a seat that fit over the regular toilet (so they wouldn't fall in). Note the manly red color. :lol:

123141.jpg

I found that two steps forward and one step back seemed to be the norm for my kids and my son took a bit longer than the girls to figure it out. But they all did eventually.

My son is probably at least six months away from being potty trainedl, but I am happy he wants to sit on the toilet.. And I have heartd it takes boys longer to potty train, so I planning on it taking awhile. :lol:
I also believe you shouldn't force them to potty train, just like I don't stop him when he is playing with himself. No way do I want him to have complex when it comes to those areas. lol

Something like this.

Grandpas come in handy! :)

Thinking back, I do remember asking the same question over and over and over .....

"Do you have to pee?"

Followed with ....

"Tell mommy if you have to pee, okay?"

Repitition.
It's all about repitition with little toddlers.

I have started asking him that.. He also has started to tell me when he goes poopie. :lol:

Forum List

Back