Potential Game-Changer for Coal..

Really? So what "fuel" does it run on?

Electricity.

quote="flacaltenn"]
And where does your utility company get that fuel??
[/quote]

Well, currently I figure she gets 15% of her juice from the panels on the garage, the rest at home is the grid. y utilities breakdown is about 40% coal, 25% natural gas, 25% renewable, 10% nuke.

Her main source of fuel is often obtained from work, they give her free juice, and based on their claims of where they get their "green" power, I don't think it is any better than what we have here at the house with the panels.

flacaltenn said:
If this isn't clear to you -- It might VERY WELL come from hummingbird hearts.. BILLIONS of them...

:p

I've been watching recent advancements in USGS methodologies to determine flying bats and whatnot damage based on wind mills, but I didn't see that number including hummingbirds, but I suppose that could be included, based on how they've laid out the method.

Really? So what "fuel" does it run on?

Electricity.

flacaltenn said:
And where does your utility company get that fuel??

Well, currently I figure she gets 15% of her juice from the panels on the garage, the rest at home is the grid. y utilities breakdown is about 40% coal, 25% natural gas, 25% renewable, 10% nuke.

Her main source of fuel is often obtained from work, they give her free juice, and based on their claims of where they get their "green" power, I don't think it is any better than what we have here at the house with the panels.

flacaltenn said:
If this isn't clear to you -- It might VERY WELL come from hummingbird hearts.. BILLIONS of them...

I've been watching recent advancements in USGS methodologies to determine flying bats and whatnot damage based on wind mills, but I didn't see that number including hummingbirds, but I suppose that could be included, based on how they've laid out the method.

If you don't live in a hydro electric zone -- your utility is flat out lying about the "renewable" portion..

And the "free juice" from the business is probably a tax gimmick that they write off...

Last edited:
EV's have no need of ethanol for fuel. Problem solved.

Naw -- they run on millions of stolen hummingbird hearts.. :banana:

The wife has one and it doesn't need ethanol or hummingbird hearts. When you motor down the street in your EV flacaltenn, does it really use hummingbird hearts, or are you just making things up because you've never owned one and are just speaking from a position of ignorance on their use?

Really? So what "fuel" does it run on? And where does your utility company get that fuel?? If this isn't clear to you -- It might VERY WELL come from hummingbird hearts.. BILLIONS of them...

EV's have no need of ethanol for fuel. Problem solved.

Naw -- they run on millions of stolen hummingbird hearts.. :banana:

The wife has one and it doesn't need ethanol or hummingbird hearts. When you motor down the street in your EV flacaltenn, does it really use hummingbird hearts, or are you just making things up because you've never owned one and are just speaking from a position of ignorance on their use?

Really? So what "fuel" does it run on? And where does your utility company get that fuel?? If this isn't clear to you -- It might VERY WELL come from hummingbird hearts.. BILLIONS of them...

More likely from the "Clean" fuels that have a safety record/kwh that make a Chernobyl style reactor look safe.
OK, links or articles from reputable sources.

If you don't live in a hydro electric zone -- your utility is flat out lying about the "renewable" portion..

Really? I went to their website to get their supply mix, and that was the number listed. I can only reference what they have available to the public, I don't have the ability to independently run around and count all their generation facilities.

flacaltenn said:
And the "free juice" from the business is probably a tax gimmick that they write off...

So what? They get a tax break, she gets free juice, and their utility is the same one I use, so I would use the same information they provided to me, as to where they get the free fuel they give to her.

Do you have an objection to the kind of windmill and PV power available to some of us? The place I once worked back when I had the Volt also provided free juice, the acres of panels they used to power the complex was amazing, so their mix was different than the one the utility provided when I would fill up my Volt there.

Really? I went to their website to get their supply mix, and that was the number listed. I can only reference what they have available to the public, I don't have the ability to independently run around and count all their generation facilities.

flacaltenn said:

So what? They get a tax break, she gets free juice, and their utility is the same one I use, so I would use the same information they provided to me, as to where they get the free fuel they give to her.

Do you have an objection to the kind of windmill and PV power available to some of us? The place I once worked back when I had the Volt also provided free juice, the acres of panels they used to power the complex was amazing, so their mix was different than the one the utility provided when I would fill up my Volt there.

Yeah -- Actually I do.. Because of the mixed messaging and downright HYPE that accompanies EVs.. They are no cleaner than hybrids actually. And I'm tortured with PSAs about how I need to pull little 1W chargers out of the wall for the GOOD of the planet -- while you as my neighbor --- get to suck up about 30,000Watt - hours out of the same utility transformer probably twice a week. Why don't you get that messaging straight and get back to me?

Yeah -- Actually I do.. Because of the mixed messaging and downright HYPE that accompanies EVs..

Well, I am happy to discuss the reality of my families EVs, we've had two of them now. Pluggable hybrids, but still we used the first one only like an EV, learned from that experience, and use the one the wife bought exactly as it should be used, that being A) an EV and only an EV or B) a really fuel efficient family sedan on road trips. The thing can crack 40 mpg as long as you aren't doing 80mph on the interstate.

Can't say I pay attention to what some claim the hype is, only to the outstanding performance they have furnished to date.

flacaltenn said:
They are no cleaner than hybrids actually.

Well, that would depend on the mix of generation for the electricity they use, wouldn't it? If that is nuke or hydro, seems like they would spank normal hybrids big time. If they are just coal powered, well that might be a problem I suppose. So this isn't a car issue at all, but an electricity generation issue.

flacaltenn said:
And I'm tortured with PSAs about how I need to pull little 1W chargers out of the wall for the GOOD of the planet -- while you as my neighbor --- get to suck up about 30,000Watt - hours out of the same utility transformer probably twice a week. Why don't you get that messaging straight and get back to me?

No one has ever told me, including my utility, that they object to the watts I pull from local transformers. So why don't THEY get that messaging right, and then I'll pass that along to you. Can't say I care, as long as they are willing to sell me watts, and I'm willing to pay for them, sounds to me like they have achieved a market clearing price, and they know all about how their transformers work and have decided it is a-okay. No reason for me to doubt their ability to choose a price to sell their electricity out, in order to also maintain their equipment.

Forum List

Back