Pot meet kettle

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Pelosi, Obama again blast third-party spending – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi used her introduction of President Barack Obama at a Democratic fundraiser Saturday evening to once again blast third-party groups that are spending heavily on Republican campaigns this election cycle.

"Everything was going great and all of a sudden secret money from God knows where - because they won't disclose it - is pouring in,” Pelosi told a crowd of about 100 people gathered for a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) fundraiser at the historic Van Dusen Mansion in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Democrats have sought to make shadowy spending by outside groups a major campaign issue, blaming special interest organizations for heavily influencing congressional races without having to divulge their donor lists. Many of these groups, such as the conservative Crossroads GPS, are not required to disclose their donors because they are registered as nonprofit organizations.

In his remarks, Obama also blasted the massive spending by outside groups, saying Republicans are “being driven by the special interests who have been paying for their campaigns over the course of the last several months.”
AFSCME’s Campaign Spending - WSJ This Morning - WSJ
Outside of the main political parties, guess which group is dropping the most cash on the mid-term elections?

The public workers union known as AFSCME, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, which represents 1.6 million members.

This was a front-page story in the Wall Street Journal on Friday.

It’s stunning that the group will spend $87.5 million on the elections, using it for things like TV ads, phone calls, and campaign mailings. But hey, it’s legal, like it or not. A recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling recently loosened the rules when it comes to spending on political campaigns.

As the Journal points out, AFSCME is trying to hang on to what it’s been given: In the 2009 stimulus and other legislation, Democratic lawmakers sent more than $160 billion in federal cash to states, mostly designed to prevent the layoffs of government workers. If Republicans win in November, that spending could end. (There’s also the possibility that Republicans could cave, in an effort to buy votes for the next election.)

So Democracts have sent taxpayer money to this group to help fund their campaigns then make completely baseless claims of GOP fundraisers.......:cuckoo:

Umm I am a Republican.
Says so on my voter registration card.

I merely equated am Obama action to a Bush one and you come back with Bush waaah?
Too darned knee jerk defensive reactions.

Last edited:
Umm I am a Republican.
Says so on my voter registration card.

I merely equated am Obama action to a Bush one and you come back with Bush waaah?
Too darned knee jerk defensive reactions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...india-to-support-our-enemy-2.html#post2888822

Yes I can tell you are a gop'er:cuckoo: #26

Not that Bush in anyway remotely is relevant to this topic:cuckoo:

Why is it when Dems can't answer a question or debate a subject intelligently do they immediately bring up an ex-President? Who isn't even relevant to the topic?

Forum List

Back