Pot is legal in Vermont, but you can't take it in a boat on Lake Champlain

Pot is legal in Vermont, but you can't take it in a boat on Lake Champlain

When did the US Congress (all 50 states) change the FEDERAL law listing pot as schedule 1, illegal for production, use or sales? Might want to check how American Government works and the word "legal" in your title.

If 26 states voted to "legalize" slavery, would it be legal? No, because all 50 states would have to agree to such a law that presides over all 50 states at once. Federal laws are set and regulated at the US Congressional level, not from underneath incrementally, state by state.

its legal in my state....i can walk into a pot store and buy as much as i can afford....
Can you also own slaves in your state if the voters there agreed to make it legal? When you pick and choose which federal laws to abide by and which not, where is the line drawn, exactly?

its legal in my state....i can walk into a pot store and buy as much as i can afford....
Can you also own slaves in your state if the voters there agreed to make it legal? When you pick and choose which federal laws to abide by and which not, where is the line drawn, exactly?
i did not pick and choose anything,i was smoking pot even when it was illegal...pot should be at least decriminalized at the federal level,and within the next ten years it probably will be........

i did not pick and choose anything,i was smoking pot even when it was illegal...pot should be at least decriminalized at the federal level,and within the next ten years it probably will be........
Should be decriminalized, but isn't. Leftists don't get to circumvent due process every time the whim strikes them. You could keep slaves based on your rationale.

The venue you had to choose was petitioning the US Congress. Your state can't overturn federal law without the permission of the other states. All of them, not just some.

Should be decriminalized, but isn't. Leftists don't get to circumvent due process every time the whim strikes them. You could keep slaves based on your rationale.

The venue you had to choose was petitioning the US Congress. Your state can't overturn federal law without the permission of the other states. All of them, not just some.
Leftists don't get to circumvent due process every time the whim strikes them.
leftist?....are you one of those who believe only lefties smoke pot and no righties do?....you dont think the righties who smoke pot are not for decriminalization or legalizing it?...
You could keep slaves based on your rationale.
comparing slavery to smoking pot is a pretty stupid analogy....
Your state can't overturn federal law without the permission of the other states. All of them, not just some
lets see so far 8-9 states have legalized it.more on the way im sure....about 20 states have med pot with more on the way....so far its 30 vs 20....and this is all since 1996...

lets see so far 8-9 states have legalized it.more on the way im sure....about 20 states have med pot with more on the way....so far its 30 vs 20....and this is all since 1996...

49 states could try to legalize pot without the last state's permission or debate in US Congress, and it would still be federally illegal. Time to go back to American Government and study how a Union of states operates at the highest legislative level with regards to laws that bind all 50 states.

Let's forget about the rights or wrongs or whatever of smoking pot. I've smoked it myself. I grew up in the 1970s & 80s fer crissakes. This is a discussion of how things actually become legal in the US and in the various states.

Using your analogy of "this many states say it's OK now!", we could say that if 20 states all internally voted that slavery was OK, then slavery no longer is illegal in those states. That's not how federal law works and it's not how you change federal laws you don't like.

49 states could try to legalize pot without the last state's permission or debate in US Congress, and it would still be federally illegal. Time to go back to American Government and study how a Union of states operates at the highest legislative level with regards to laws that bind all 50 states.

Let's forget about the rights or wrongs or whatever of smoking pot. I've smoked it myself. I grew up in the 1970s & 80s fer crissakes. This is a discussion of how things actually become legal in the US and in the various states.

Using your analogy of "this many states say it's OK now!", we could say that if 20 states all internally voted that slavery was OK, then slavery no longer is illegal in those states. That's not how federal law works and it's not how you change federal laws you don't like.
49 states could try to legalize pot without the last state's permission or debate in US Congress, and it would still be federally illegal.
not the way its looking.....and i believe congress is going to be forced to at least decriminalize it in the coming months...
This is a discussion of how things actually become legal in the US and in the various states.
the pro pot wave has been getting bigger for years,apparently the pro pot people got tired of congress not acting on this,and took it upon themselves to do something,even now,after what the AG said,those useless fucks are sitting there with their thumbs up their asses...
and like i said comparing slavery to smoking pot is pretty stupid....

49 states could try to legalize pot without the last state's permission or debate in US Congress, and it would still be federally illegal.
not the way its looking.....and i believe congress is going to be forced to at least decriminalize it in the coming months...
This is a discussion of how things actually become legal in the US and in the various states.
the pro pot wave has been getting bigger for years,apparently the pro pot people got tired of congress not acting on this,and took it upon themselves to do something,even now,after what the AG said,those useless fucks are sitting there with their thumbs up their asses...
Comparing any federal law to any other with regards to changing that law isn't stupid, it's fact. All federal laws are changed the same way. I used slavery as an example to show you how insidious this type of "state-underneath subversion" of federal law is and can become with a precedent set using pot and sanctuary cities.

Glad though that you finally see that Congress will have to be "forced" as you put it, to change the law. So you admit and understand that it is still criminal/illegal until that happens. Good for you. Baby steps.

Comparing any federal law to any other with regards to changing that law isn't stupid, it's fact. All federal laws are changed the same way. I used slavery as an example to show you how insidious this type of "state-underneath subversion" of federal law is and can become with a precedent set using pot and sanctuary cities.

Glad though that you finally see that Congress will have to be "forced" as you put it, to change the law. So you admit and understand that it is still criminal/illegal until that happens. Good for you. Baby steps.
if you were in any pot threads around here you would see that me and a few other posters were telling the others here that congress has to change the federal law....so baby steps for me?.....im way past that....and if my state says i can go and buy some,thats good enough for me....

if you were in any pot threads around here you would see that me and a few other posters were telling the others here that congress has to change the federal law....so baby steps for me?.....im way past that....and if my state says i can go and buy some,thats good enough for me....

Maybe your state will "vote in" slavery too? Or heroin for recreational use? Then it will be just as "good enough for you", according to due process and how our government runs.

Maybe your state will "vote in" slavery too? Or heroin for recreational use? Then it will be just as "good enough for you", according to due process and how our government runs.
once again dont bring up stupid analogies....if our congress hasnt the balls to deal with something than the people will deal with it....medical pot started in 96 in california,here it is 22 years later and more states are dealing with it because congress hasnt....apparently thats how are govt now runs....

Medical heroin started a long time before that. Should be clear for recreational use soon according to that same logic.

Forum List

Back