Pot Heads Rejoice.. eh

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Now this a Rasmussen poll that the liberals will appreciate...:lol:

------------------------------:smoke:

A solid majority of voters nationwide favor legalizing and regulating marijuana similar to the way alcohol and tobacco cigarettes are currently regulated. Most also don’t believe it should be a crime for people to smoke marijuana in the privacy of their own homes.

A new national telephone survey of Likely Voters shows that 56% favor legalizing and regulating marijuana in a similar manner to the way alcohol and tobacco cigarettes are regulated. Thirty-six percent (36%) are opposed to such a legalizing and regulating pot. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

56% Favor Legalizing, Regulating Marijuana - Rasmussen Reports™

It should be treated like any other over the counter drug. That way pharmacies can be robbed for pot like oxycontin and residences can be ransacked for pot llike users do for Vicodin.

It should be treated like any other over the counter drug. That way pharmacies can be robbed for pot like oxycontin and residences can be ransacked for pot llike users do for Vicodin.

Never would happen, pot isnt addicting like Oxycontin or vicodin. Its only habit forming, hence the reason the majority of American have no problem with it being legalized.
You can also die from an Oxycontin overdose, ever hear of anyone overdosing on Pot?

Never would happen, pot isnt addicting like Oxycontin or vicodin. Its only habit forming, hence the reason the majority of American have no problem with it being legalized.
You can also die from an Oxycontin overdose, ever hear of anyone overdosing on Pot?

I've heard of people getting violent on pot.

The problem isn't pot, it's that we have such a huge number of people who would rather be high than take care of themselves.

I'd like to see Marijuana legalized, taxed and regulated.

Here in California it practically is. You (assuming you are an adult) simply go to a "Dope Doctor" (most of them are in West Hollywood) and choose from a long list of "ailments". You then affirm that you are suffering from one or more of them, pay the "Doctor" about $100 and PRESTO!! She issues you a "medical marijuana card" that allows you to purchase top quality buds from your local dispensary. There they sell you bags of clean, ready to roll pot. You can get "active" blends that are a bit weaker or "Couch potato" blends that put you in a purple haze coma, and any strength in between. No more getting ripped off, or doing deals in dark alleyways. It's the way to go.

The problem isn't pot, it's that we have such a huge number of people who would rather be high than take care of themselves.

Although I agree to an extent, personal experience has taught me that the most demotivational strains of marijuana are the hybrid skunk strains. Not garden variety marijuana. Bearing that in mind, I'm in overall favour of blanket legalisation of marijuana as I've yet to see proof that'll convince me otherwise.

I have never heard of it or seen it....if someone gets high on pot it's because it had something more in it than just pot. Or he'd taken something along with it.....

Well.. I think we can all agree pot doesn't take you to a higher plane, you board the stupid plane.

How can more stupid people be good for civilization?

Well.. I think we can all agree pot doesn't take you to a higher plane, you board the stupid plane.

The people I know that smoke pot are highly dependent upon it. They have to have some before they go, or do anything, social, or even go to work.

They have been users for many years. Most of them do not work. The ones that use, in one of the jobs I work, are always forgetting details of their jobs and often injuring themselves, not that these incidents don't apply to people who are just incapable, also....

Additionally, I can tell the personality difference in them, when they are high and when they are not. Unless it is party time.....MUSIC time....I prefer to be around them when they are not under the influence.

There may also be people under the influence, where I work, that I am not noticing, for what that is worth. :)

You're full of crap. Ask any cop in any jurisdication which s/he rather deal with, a drunk or someone high on MJ.

You're full of crap. Ask any cop in any jurisdication which s/he rather deal with, a drunk or someone high on MJ.

lol.... personally speaking, I honestly have "never" known anyone to become violent under the influence of 420, unless perhaps, they are combining it with another mind-altering or CNS, such as alcohol or meth. Or prescription drugs, that are not interested in a compatible relationship with pot. :lol:

People on diet pills are the ones to really watch out for, in my opinion. They do accomplish much work, though...lol

The people I know that smoke pot are highly dependent upon it. They have to have some before they go, or do anything, social, or even go to work.

They have been users for many years. Most of them do not work. The ones that use, in one of the jobs I work, are always forgetting details of their jobs and often injuring themselves, not that these incidents don't apply to people who are just incapable, also....

Additionally, I can tell the personality difference in them, when they are high and when they are not. Unless it is party time.....MUSIC time....I prefer to be around them when they are not under the influence.

There may also be people under the influence, where I work, that I am not noticing, for what that is worth. :)

Like you, I am high on life. I don't need pot, alcohol, or any other drug! Life is far better without any of that stuff. :thup:

I suppose it's a matter of severity and frequency.

Like you, I am high on life. I don't need pot, alcohol, or any other drug! Life is far better without any of that stuff. :thup:

Yes, I too. I prefer a life in "real time" where I make the sometimes very hard choices in order to maintain a positive attitude of gratitude. One way to accomplish that, is to take nothing for granted. :)

Yet another example of how CON$ just make up crap!!!

The claim has always been that marijuana makes users passive, apathetic, do-nothings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F15thKUEECQ]I was stoned and I missed it - Shel Silverstein - YouTube[/ame]

I don't doubt you've heard that -- but you were grossly misinformed. Marijuana is an extremely effective tranquilizer. In fact, a few lungfuls of potent marijuana smoke or a few bites of special brownies or carrot cake and you will be physically as well as emotionally and psychologically incapable of violence.

So don't believe that reefer madness nonsense.

You are talking about a category of socially defective individuals for whom sobriety is intolerable. For them marijuana, as with any other recreational substance, helps to evade or soften their respective realities. Most of them have addictive personalities and are engaged in a prolonged process of suicide.

Forum List

Back