Pot Heads. Question for ya.

I did some sleuthing:

from HelloMD site:
>> Marijuana topicals can come as a salve, a cream or even an oil. They are meant to be applied to the skin and provide localized relief for pain. Pain may be from nerves, arthritis, inflammation, and general soreness, among other conditions. The benefit of a topical, to many patients, is that a topical can provide pain relief without creating a sense of being high or stoned.

Cannabis infused balms work by being absorbed through the skin and binding to our CB2 receptors, which are found throughout the body. THC and CBD along with other cannabinoids will have an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect on the body once they come into contact with these receptors. In general, topicals will not get into the blood stream, which is one of the reasons you do not get high. Transdermal patches are another way of medicinal administration and transdermals actually do get into the blood stream, so they are somewhat different to topicals. <<

That page names several products although CaliRub is not one of them.
Then there's an ingredient label for another similar product, called "Bud Rub":

FullSizeRender-3.jpeg

Inasumch as this label notes the entire container has "0.43 grams of usable Cannabis", that much, to quote Cheech, "wouldn't get a fly high" even if you smoked the whole can.

I met one of the ladies in the neighborhood...age same as me or thereabouts, walking her dog. We chatted as we walked and I see her from time to time but we mostly just pass each other while waving as we move along with our dogs.

Well, yesterday, she stopped by the house, which surprised me. Not that she knew where I lived since we are in the same block, but that she would stop by for a visit. With her was a gift she wanted to give me. It's called CaliRub. I asked her what was in it and she said herbs and essential oils and other ladies that use it said it seems to work well but the website is still in the process of being made but I could read up on the ingredients. I asked her to read it to me from the little container itself and she did, but did not mention it had thc in it.

I did try a little on my wrists and finger joints and it seemed to work unless its just a placebo affect on my brain. But...my dreams that night were very livid. And, I see a new doc on the 23rd, and if he wants blood tests..I wonder if thc is going to show up in it?

These are the thc ingredients:
thc 14.55 mg,
thca 29.12 mgs,
cbn 1.05

The rest is herbal stuff.

The jar itself is paste, 2 oz.

Here is the website:
Calirub

Here is the list of ingredients in the jar:
Organic cannabis flower
Infused olive oil
organic clove bud
organic lavandin
organic lemongrass
organic sweet orange
organic pine
organic patchoulie and gardenia enfleurage
wildcrafted allspice
beeswax

This lady said she has a bunch of jars and passes it out to folks with RA and other skin/joint/muscle pain and if they like it, then she tells them how much a jar costs but the first one is free.

Anyway...is that enough THC to be illegal??? And doesn't anything with THC in it have to be dispersed by a medical clinic just for cannabis use? Is this lady being a naive dealer for someone under false pretenses? And did I get high just from the small amount I put on my wrists and fingers and it will show up in a blood test a week later? I havent smoked pot since the 70's and I do not want the high. If she said there was thc in it when I asked her to read the ingredients to me, I would not have taken the jar or put it on me.

Your thoughts?
find a nice guy who mixes pot with rubbing alcohol for a few months, and ask him if he wants to practice getting really really good at full body massage, just for fun.

It did work. And it does smell wonderful. But...those VIVID dreams I can do without. I'd rather have the pain. At least in sleep I can escape. Unless I have bad dreams.
Do you take melatonin?
Yes. But I don't have bad vivid dreams. Maybe with the paste lotion AND the melatonin, it was not a good combo last night?

Thanks Pogo. I feel a bit better and not all paranoid now.
Thanks to everyone else, too.

See...when I was young, I wanted the buzz. But when I got old, a buzz means something is broken or fixing to break so buzz is not good. :lol:

It did work. And it does smell wonderful. But...those VIVID dreams I can do without. I'd rather have the pain. At least in sleep I can escape. Unless I have bad dreams.
Do you take melatonin?
Yes. But I don't have bad vivid dreams. Maybe with the paste lotion AND the melatonin, it was not a good combo last night?

Maybe it was a coincidence too. I don't think you can establish a causation or pattern on one event.

Did the dreams have anything to do with anxiety about what you might have ingested? Or were they just unrelated?

The info in my last link indicates it doesn't enter the bloodstream anyway.

That page names several products although CaliRub is not one of them.
It is in the process of being trademarked, that name. Housemate did a bit of hunting on the net too, lol.

Do you take melatonin?

Maybe it was a coincidence too. I don't think you can establish a causation or pattern on one event.

Did the dreams have anything to do with anxiety about what you might have ingested? Or were they just unrelated?

The info in my last link indicates it doesn't enter the bloodstream anyway.
I think the dreams were unrelated. Weird stuff. Truly weird. Some, I could understand the reasoning of why that person appeared or what was going on..the goose/swan and the seal? No clue where those came from. So I googled their totem meaning thinking maybe its a message.

I know..I'm weird. But my dreams usually come true, so...it kinda freaked me out.

Do you take melatonin?
That's what I was thinking.

Forum List

Back