Posting Time Increasing Again, Anyone else?

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
The time for a post to finish posting has begun to increase the last couple of days. Today worse than yesterday. Anyone else noticing it?

I noticed for the last 3 months nobody doing anything to support this website financially. We have a lot of good moderators who do as much as they can for this website and we're lucky to have them. Unfortunately, even the software is not being met by members here. If everybody pitched in $5 every other month, they'd more than meet the amount of maintenance they're asking to come from the grass roots. USMB is what the members make it to be.

The time for a post to finish posting has begun to increase the last couple of days. Today worse than yesterday. Anyone else noticing it?

I've only noticed brief halts occasionally. Maybe a minute every couple days I'm on here. But generally, response has been good and improved.

Those brief burps are likely scheduled maintenance and search indexing. Don't know why they aren't all scheduled in the dead of American nighttime -- but things like member post counts and profiles should be updated MORE than once a day..

Remember, we've had 20,000 or more members here. MOST are not still here or active, (MOST were probably socks also LOL) -- but all the content and profiles have to be updated and indexed.

Thank you. It now seems to be back to normal.

I've only noticed brief halts occasionally. Maybe a minute every couple days I'm on here. But generally, response has been good and improved.

Those brief burps are likely scheduled maintenance and search indexing. Don't know why they aren't all scheduled in the dead of American nighttime -- but things like member post counts and profiles should be updated MORE than once a day..

Remember, we've had 20,000 or more members here. MOST are not still here or active, (MOST were probably socks also LOL) -- but all the content and profiles have to be updated and indexed.

Forum List

Back