Posting Time and Losing an Entire Post...

...contrary to what most may believe, not all of us are glued to our keyboards typing away answering posts or beginning a thread and pushing the 'submit new post/thread' at light speed.

Some of us do have REAL LIFE happening around us as we type a post, either answering, commenting or even creating a new thread...some of us even multitask while we read, answer or begin a new thread and or post............as I was doing a couple of hours ago when I was up and down doing this or that, answering the phone..etc.

It wasn't a long post, it wasn't a short post...it was however, a post that spoke my truth and how I truly felt about a matter that has really bugged me for quite some time..........after I had the time to finally finish my post (after a very important phone call with my son) I pushed 'submit new post' and guess what? Poof. Gone. Just like that. I had been booted from the site and had to sign in all over again. Pissed me off.

What kills me about the log in time here, is that i can be signed in when NOT typing a new post for quite some time and sitting idle...for how long? I never really timed it because it didn't seem to matter...I was just glad I did not get booted for 'inactivity'...
BUT I do KNOW that my time on the thread I had opened and had already posted on and had addressed another poster on her *cough* absurd belief about a certain group of people in the post that went POOF, had been way shorter time and I was very active every few minutes typing my thoughts, while doing other things (talking to daughter...answering a yell from the other room, answering the phone)

WTF was I fkng booted even though I was active typing my post??? Really??? Yet I can sit idle for about the same time and still be signed in when I decide to come back to this page???
Makes absolutely NO fking sense...none. I haven't the patience to go back to the thread I had lost my post on...

May I please make a suggestion to admin. to allow more time to type a post, or at the least let be known in writing just how long one is allowed to have to start and complete a post so that one may at least be able to copy it just in case he/she gets booted?

Use Lazarus Form Recovery, it saves all your posts automatically.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcYFlU6Gc0]Lazarus Form Recovery Extension - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2:
It works :eek: I downloaded this plug in, typed some text here and deliberately navigated away without posting, came back to the empty box and when I right-click I get not only the text I had lost but the last two posts as well.

Thank you Delia. Seems that "whining" for solutions to problems really does work after all.
Who knew.

[edit - this is the same plug-in QW mentions. Thanks to him too.]

Last edited:

:clap2:
It works :eek: I downloaded this plug in, typed some text here and deliberately navigated away without posting, came back to the empty box and when I right-click I get not only the text I had lost but the last two posts as well.

Thank you Delia. Seems that "whining" for solutions to problems really does work after all.
Who knew.

[edit - this is the same plug-in QW mentions. Thanks to him too.]

420 rep? Pass it on over, dawg!

Hey, thanks for the suggestions, guys...and yeah, maybe I should have added 'whining' along with multitasking...it just pissed me off when I pushed the button to submit it and was redirected to sign in again...grrrrrr.
HAD to come here to blame someone other than myself for it, yanno?...:dev2:
You have no one to blame but yourself. The simplest advice here is to copy your entire post (including quoted material) before you tag the Submit button. If you lose contact, just open up again, find the thread, tag Post Reply, paste your copied stuff and hit Submit Reply.

You can't ask the board to babysit you all day long.

Pos Rep coming to help wipe away the tears.

Cheers!:eusa_angel:

...contrary to what most may believe, not all of us are glued to our keyboards typing away answering posts or beginning a thread and pushing the 'submit new post/thread' at light speed.

Some of us do have REAL LIFE happening around us as we type a post, either answering, commenting or even creating a new thread...some of us even multitask while we read, answer or begin a new thread and or post............as I was doing a couple of hours ago when I was up and down doing this or that, answering the phone..etc.

It wasn't a long post, it wasn't a short post...it was however, a post that spoke my truth and how I truly felt about a matter that has really bugged me for quite some time..........after I had the time to finally finish my post (after a very important phone call with my son) I pushed 'submit new post' and guess what? Poof. Gone. Just like that. I had been booted from the site and had to sign in all over again. Pissed me off.

What kills me about the log in time here, is that i can be signed in when NOT typing a new post for quite some time and sitting idle...for how long? I never really timed it because it didn't seem to matter...I was just glad I did not get booted for 'inactivity'...
BUT I do KNOW that my time on the thread I had opened and had already posted on and had addressed another poster on her *cough* absurd belief about a certain group of people in the post that went POOF, had been way shorter time and I was very active every few minutes typing my thoughts, while doing other things (talking to daughter...answering a yell from the other room, answering the phone)

WTF was I fkng booted even though I was active typing my post??? Really??? Yet I can sit idle for about the same time and still be signed in when I decide to come back to this page???
Makes absolutely NO fking sense...none. I haven't the patience to go back to the thread I had lost my post on...

May I please make a suggestion to admin. to allow more time to type a post, or at the least let be known in writing just how long one is allowed to have to start and complete a post so that one may at least be able to copy it just in case he/she gets booted?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcYFlU6Gc0]Lazarus Form Recovery Extension - YouTube[/ame]

V.good. This I will use.

Edit:

This I am using. :lol:

Hey, thanks for the suggestions, guys...and yeah, maybe I should have added 'whining' along with multitasking...it just pissed me off when I pushed the button to submit it and was redirected to sign in again...grrrrrr.
You have no one to blame but yourself. The simplest advice here is to copy your entire post (including quoted material) before you tag the Submit button. If you lose contact, just open up again, find the thread, tag Post Reply, paste your copied stuff and hit Submit Reply.

I have to say, I really don't get this attitude that several of you have, that if you have an issue with the site or software, you should just STFU and say nothing. Here, A&D articulated a problem that several of us have and others stepped up with a solution. There's not a damn thing in the world wrong with that. That's the system working.

Not only did many benefit from one complaint, but on the basic level, squeaky wheel gets the grease, nomsayin'?

I'm half-hoping this post disappears before appearing, just so I can use Lazarus to bring it back, hehehe :evil:

I have to say, I really don't get this attitude that several of you have, that if you have an issue with the site or software, you should just STFU and say nothing. Here, A&D articulated a problem that several of us have and others stepped up with a solution. There's not a damn thing in the world wrong with that. That's the system working.

Not only did many benefit from one complaint, but on the basic level, squeaky wheel gets the grease, nomsayin'?

I'm half-hoping this post disappears before appearing, just so I can use Lazarus to bring it back, hehehe :evil:

Do you also have a problem seeing why people who have an issue with the fact that the world is round shouldn't demand the government flatten it out?

Do you also have a problem seeing why people who have an issue with the fact that the world is round shouldn't demand the government flatten it out?

Umm... no, but I do have problems making any sense out of that sentence...

That happened to me the other day too but I don't remember how long it was that I took to reply to the thread. Next time just enter it on NotePad or WordPad then copy/paste.

That also works for stripping out the fonts, pictures and hyperlinks when you post text from a link.
When I use sticky notes to write a Haiku on and transfer it here, for the last couple of weeks it puts it in a huge font. Once you transfer it, you can't get rid of obnoxious font unless you write it again in another tab the hard way, then delete the post. Also, the centering pictures no longer works. The pictures remain to the left instead of the center after you post them with centering you clicked, so by the time you notice it's wrong and go back to edit, your edit shows up in the lower left that you "edited" your post. Only when you edit now does the picture get centered if you want it centered. Also, we've never been able to center thumbnail pictures posted through "manage attachments" as long as I'm ventin.' :lol:

Last edited:

V.good. This I will use.

Edit:

This I am using. :lol:

Review five days later.........

Now I notice Lazarus keeps a long list of old writings, but do any of you Lazaruskies notice your posting getting slow, sluggish, gummed up like molasses? Or text jumping around to different spots? I'm having a hard time keeping up to my usual dazzling standards from all the waiting and retyping I'm having to do.

Wondering if this might be related to Lazarus, or if it's just me?

Does Lazarus have a cache? Or can it be set to not remember everything since the Big Bang?

Yeah, if you are working on something more than a few minutes...and this isn't just at usmb but ANYWHERE...you'll be best served to save that puppy.

I'm okay with the blame part.

Forum List

Back