Debate Now Posting Solutions for Gun Violence

Discussion in 'Debate Now - Structured Discussion Forum' started by Daryl Hunt, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,924
    Not reported...

I've heard it all now. lolol. Of course, the facts aren't reported. The facts tend to get in the way of the anti-gun agenda.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,438
    Are you aware that your cite is from a Scientology Site that is pushing to do away with ALL medical drug usage? Not just the ones they listed. Most of what they publish ends up in the Conspiracy Theory list. Are you a Scientologist as well? You don't have to answer. I know I am not.

3. Natural Citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,924
    I don't care where it's from. The facts are the facts.

Refute them or hit the bricks.

4. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,438
    In fairness to the Doctors prescribing those meds, I just happen to be able to get Prozac and a few other meds myself for PTSD. I just choose not to. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. When I tried those things, I didn't all of a sudden come up with the idea to go out and kill a bunch of people. It made me lackadaisy. It took my motivation away from me. I decided that it was better to retain whatever little motivation I had left. There are millions of us out here that are on those drugs or suppose to be on those drugs and we aren't out there mowing down everyone we see on the street. This is NOT a red flag.

But looking at the list, I see a ton of red flags where it could have been prevented had they allowed a judge to order the authorities to seize the individuals firearms while they were trying to find out if they were a danger to the community or themselves. Or to get them into state ordered mental health. A person can be looney has all hell and still go out and buy more guns and ammo even after his doctor has determined he is a danger to society and likely to commit murder. There is no direct line from the Doctor to the Judge at this point. A couple of states have tried to get that link but it's been voted down. It seems a nutcases Red Flags must also be protected. And that is one HUGE red flag.

5. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,438
    Most of us do care. Not get them from a reputable source. Your cite is from a site normally listed as a conspiracy theory site. Therefore, anything they put out will be in question.

6. Slyhunter

Slyhunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    You have to state facts before anything needs to be refuted. You posted crap from a bad biased source and therefore can't be called facts.

7. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,403
    Remove all restrictions on buying and selling guns. After everyone is armed, criminals will associate higher risk with crime, and the ones who don't will likely be shot. With about 8% of the criminal population being the ones responsible for 80% of the gun-related crime, they'd obviously be out-numbered when attempting to commit said crimes, especially if gun-free zones are abolished. Furthermore, abolishing public schools would further solve the problem, since Private Schools would have better security, and already provide better education in the first place, killing two birds with one stone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Slyhunter

Slyhunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    I used to have a temper problem. When I wasn't curled up in a ball crying. I'm bi-polar. Those meds made it so that I can appear normal in public. I'm not normal. But I'm well enough now to pretend to be. I take Risperidone and Prozac. Take those away from me and I'm a raving lunatic.

9. Natural Citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,924
    Think about what you just wrote here. I mean really think about it.

You just stripped an American citizen of about 4 Constitutional rights that I can think of just on the fly without any form of due process whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Slyhunter

Slyhunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    Everytime times get rough I think about robbing a bank or a Walmart when I'm depressed. Glad the thought police haven't caught up with me yet.