CDZ Posting Solutions for Gun Violence

1. Only Some Americans own MOST of the Guns. Most Americans don't own any guns.

[...]
That is the problem.

Attempting to control gun violence by passing endless streams of gun laws is obviously moving in the wrong direction. The harassing effect of so many gun laws has been the disarming of a substantial percentage of the law-abiding population, thereby creating an increasing situation in which only the criminal element is armed.

Same tired old diatribe. This doesn't come up with single solution. It just compounds the problem. Now, address the solutions, we already know the problems.

The solutions have been stated.....

--armed guards and/or armed and trained staff

--limit access/entry points to school buidings

--Intelligence..... these nuts advertise long before they walk up to the school

--police call boxes, like fire alarm pull stations, that bypass 911 and go directly to police

--ending democrat, gun free zones, allowing law abiding armed citizens to carry their legal guns onto school grounds, making schools less likely to be targets of mass shooters.

These are solutions that will actually work......

Your solution is to blame it on the Democrats. I won't bother answering you anymore.

[...] I don't see the human race ever being civilized enough to not try and kill itself. It's just not in our DNA.

[...]
What you've said here is in fact the opinion of the majority of renown anthropologists. After all, we humans are just another species of animal, each of which will resort to reductive measures when its territorial boundaries are exceeded -- or when the natural conditions of its existence are infringed.

But I do see us finding solutions where we can overcome that programming we have ingrained into your genes. Otherwise, we would have ended it decades ago.
Not necessarily. While some changes in the natural order take place rather quickly, certain elements of our essential being resist change indefinitely. Two such elements are our tribal and territorial imperatives, both of which are responsible for most individual and organized violent conduct, from individual acts of murder to warfare that lasts for centuries.

[...] I don't see the human race ever being civilized enough to not try and kill itself. It's just not in our DNA.

[...]
What you've said here is in fact the opinion of the majority of renown anthropologists. After all, we humans are just another species of animal, each of which will resort to reductive measures when its territorial boundaries are exceeded -- or when the natural conditions of its existence are infringed.

But I do see us finding solutions where we can overcome that programming we have ingrained into your genes. Otherwise, we would have ended it decades ago.
Not necessarily. While some changes in the natural order take place rather quickly, certain elements of our essential being resist change indefinitely. Two such elements are our tribal and territorial imperatives, both of which are responsible for most individual and organized violent conduct, from individual acts of murder to warfare that lasts for centuries.

So we construct barriers of some kind or another whether it be a real barrier or an imaginary one.

Well, folks, this has been completely hijacked. No solutions will be ever come out of here. There is just too much hate and blaming that has completely taken over the posts. Another good discussion gone down the tubes by the hate mongers once again.

I'm signing off from this "Discussion" now.

No they aren't. They. like you. are focusing on the wrong things

And what would be the solutions? We seen to have a pretty good handle on things around here. We averted one already this year that never made it to the school entrance gate. Now, why are you so certain that I am focused on all the wrong things when what we are doing works?

How about solutions without trying to hijack the discussion.
The only thing you talk about is the gun.

And I'm not hijacking anything,

How do you stop people from walking into a school with guns?

It seems to me the answer is pretty simple while the execution might be more complicated.

You control access too both the school grounds and the school
You implement bag checks
You implement an ID protocol
You secure the building so no one can get in or out unnoticed

You are talking about ID Checks and Entrance X-Ray machines. That can be done. What won't be tolerated is the going through each and every student bag or having pat downs, etc.. It has to be very low on the intrusive side.
I said nothing about x ray machines.

A bag check can be done without an x ray.

You are looking for guns it is pretty easy to spot a gun with a visual inspection

You don't have to pat down a person to see if he is carrying a rifle

And who won't tolerate it? The kids? They have no say in the matter.

Low Dose X-Ray is still the one to beat. Or Metal Detectors. Most Nutjobs don't have the resources to get the high tech 3d printed non metal gun and ammo. The materiel to make it is controlled so that's a real big red flag. Yah, I know, in the movies....... And you are correct. A visual inspection is enough to spot a rifle. Then again, a visual can spot that rifle long before you even get within sight of the school entrance if your community is on the ball. The Rifle should be the least likely to make it to even close to that entrance point. But it's making it anyway. And that's a community action problem and can be dealt with and needs to be dealt with. We have here and have stopped at least one AR from making it to the front gate.

Bag Checks can be done with non intrusive methods. If you find something that "Might" be suspicious then you can inspect the bag. Otherwise, let it go. This IS America and not some 3rd world Despot run country.

Even Kids have rights. Or at least their Parents do. When you are patting down that kid, you are also patting down the parent. Again, you need to justify the need. If you can't then you are in violation of their rights. Again, this is not some 3rd world dumpster world.

You don't have to pat down kids

Have them take off their coats and open their bags
Initiate a dress code that makes it more difficult to conceal weapons.

We're talking about school kids here not criminal masterminds.

The most important thing is that no one is able to walk into a school unnoticed

Daryl was never serious about finding solutions in the first place.

All the OP wanted was to force his views on the participants so he could keep the nation in a state of panic and paranoia.

The OP was given a chance to drill down the numbers so we could at least define a problem. But once he realized that suicide makes up 2/3rds of all gun deaths, and gang killings made up 80% of the rest, I guess he couldn’t get the panic he wanted?

1. Only Some Americans own MOST of the Guns. Most Americans don't own any guns.

[...]
That is the problem.

Attempting to control gun violence by passing endless streams of gun laws is obviously moving in the wrong direction. The harassing effect of so many gun laws has been the disarming of a substantial percentage of the law-abiding population, thereby creating an increasing situation in which only the criminal element is armed.

Same tired old diatribe. This doesn't come up with single solution. It just compounds the problem. Now, address the solutions, we already know the problems.

--police call boxes, like fire alarm pull stations, that bypass 911 and go directly to police

--ending democrat, gun free zones, allowing law abiding armed citizens to carry their legal guns onto school grounds, making schools less likely to be targets of mass shooters.

These are solutions that will actually work......

Your solution is to blame it on the Democrats. I won't bother answering you anymore.

Yeah....they are to blame.....but that was one point out of all of them...

To repeat...

--ending gun free zones, allowing law abiding armed citizens to carry their legal guns onto school grounds, making schools less likely to be targets of mass shooters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back