Posting links

amagra11

Rookie
Apr 7, 2010
OK, the guidelines state:

Advertising:
Advertising for personal gain of any kind is not permitted in any forum or by private message. Posting website links will be permitted occasionally, but will be dealt with on a case by case basis. This does not apply to member signatures.

Lots of people are unhappy with health care. So I posted saying that there's lots of tshirts available at cafepress.com for them to express their opinion. I am not paid by cafepress for doing this. However, I also mentioned my own cafepress site, which also has a tshirt, and I am paid when someone buys something off of that. Should I (or an admin) delete the post? If so, I'll understand, and I apologize for breaking the rules.

Also, can I post about my cafepress site in the "writing" section? I have a couple of poem prints which people can buy off of the site. Of course, they could also just read 'em on the site too.

Lastly, I created the site abortionlies.info, which examines the lies of both the pro-life and pro-choice sides. Can I post to THAT website, in a forum that would be appropriate for discussing abortion? It might actually be helpful, and I don't make ANY money when people visit it (no advertising).

Thanks,
Grace

2 posts and one is a total ad...bad form is you ask me...but its up to the admins and mods....

you should at least have the grace to pay the board fee of 15 bucks or make a donation to the board..since you are using them to advertise....

Contributing to discussions, waiting for Mods' input. Thanks for the non-sugar-coated reply, I appreciate it.

hi, thanks for asking. it does count as spam and i have deleted the post. if you want to sell something on the site please contact an administrator about advertising here. you are, of course, welcome to contribute as a poster here, regardless of whether or not you choose to be a paying member or an advertiser. welcome to the board.

Can I post a link to my site about abortion?

And yes, he (she?) is :).

Last edited:
as long as you're not trying to sell anything other than your opinion, that's allowed. you'll need to make 15 posts before you can post a link, however.

i am into delayed gratification....you ruined the moment by coming too soon....

so anyways i got to get moving and go to work...enjoy...i hope you will stay with the board...just not as a spammer..

Forum List

Back