Posting Images

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
It's been happening for about the past week and I don't know if it's me or the forum. You all know I love to add images to my posts so I always copy the url for images. I will select and copy the image from my post, click the picture icon, and find out I had not copied the image from the post - and often the highlighting simply disappears before I click on the image icon.

Any suggestions?

It's been happening for about the past week and I don't know if it's me or the forum. You all know I love to add images to my posts so I always copy the url for images. I will select and copy the image from my post, click the picture icon, and find out I had not copied the image from the post - and often the highlighting simply disappears before I click on the image icon.

Any suggestions?
Sometimes mine will work and other times it won't. Mine will say "Not an image as expected."

Well, let me clarify my post.

If I copy an image url from my word processing page and then post it directly to the image icon - I have no problem at all.

I then post the remainder and that too goes correctly.

It only occurs when I post the image url to this reply area, then highlight the url, sometimes it simply disappears before I can copy it to the icon's line - and nothing pastes.

Any suggestions?
Sometimes mine will work and other times it won't. Mine will say "Not an image as expected."

You have to insure that your image url starts with the http:// and you override what's in the image line. As an example, here's a url that will take if you post it to the line:

http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Banning-Flags-600-LI.jpg

just "copy image" and paste directly in reply ....
That doesn't help as I only have the url.

This morning was unusually difficult as I would clock on the picture icon and it would just disappear, often before I could paste the url. Took three to four times to get the one in the USMB Lounge.

This morning was unusually difficult as I would clock on the picture icon and it would just disappear, often before I could paste the url. Took three to four times to get the one in the USMB Lounge.
open the url in another tab and just "copy image" then paste in Reply ....

Last edited:

open the url in another tab and just "copy image" then paste in Reply ....

Now, instead of copying and pasting the entire post, I only copy the image url and post it, following with the remainder.

Well, this is a new one!

I click on the image icon and paste the image url - then the whole thing disappears and I see the comment screen.

Then, when I hit return, it posts the image to the comment.

shaking my head. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it is best to clear out your browser cache and history in order to make this site work properly. Especially if you are using Internet Explorer.

It is something you can try and see if it works..

Forum List

Back