Postal Hike...overuled...no increase.

Prevailing market rate? Since when has the government allowed another company to deliver mail?

Prevailing market rate? Since when has the government allowed another company to deliver mail?

Other companies would triple the cost of 1st class deliveries. They don't want a part of delivering letters

Typical government worker mentality, more is harder. With study on volume more is actually easier. USPS has the largest distribution network on the planet and yet they constantly complain about how hard it is. Seems to me they could capitalize on that.

why dont you come on down and show us how easy it is to put a route up and get your ass out there and deliver it in the time they want you to do it......more is not easier......your handling more mail in the same amount of time.....and with longer routes.....yea its easier.....typical mentality of a person who hasnt a clue as to what it takes to deliver a route......
Oh please cry me a river. Postal employees as with other union members are compensated every well for their work. In fact well above the prevailing market wage for similar work.
So I dont want to hear it.
Tell me Harry 'ol boy...where elose can you find work that allows you to "save up" sick time and vacation time until retirement and then collect a weekly paycheck until the time is exahausted....Where else can you double up on your work hours to pad your salary so you can retire at a much higher pay rate than you actual wages?
Don't complain about your job and how hard it is unless insulting the American taxpayer is one of your hobbies..
And please do not tell me you "deserve" all these goodies. You don't. No one does.
Vut now you'll tell me some nonsense about "good faith negotiations and contracts"...Bullshit. The federal government under pressure from other unions set these rules. Rules that are now economically unsustainable.

BTW, I am still waiting for that packeage to arrive via USPS.. it was mailed 7 days ago..
I could have ridden my bicycle to NJ and back quicker..With sleepovers.
"We're the United States Postal Service. We'll get it there...Eventually".

Umm most of the letter carriers are now contract workers. No union, and few to no benefits.

come on Rw....there have been many a Lib here that are fairly clueless themselves when they chime in about the Document....it works both ways.....a few months back a new poster was bad mouthing the Conservatives here about their lack of knowledge about the Constitution and went on to tell us how much HE knew about it.....the dipshit was quoting the Declaration of Independence...:lol:...he got laughed off the board...i havent seen him back since.....

Actually..you are probably right about that. And there should be a class in high school about civics. Would do this country a world of good.

That..and the Constitution is just an amazing document.
I think civics should be a core High School course just like Math and ENglish.
I also think the passage of a 10 question civics test should be a requirement for voter registration.

2 years of civics was required when I was in High school.

Actually..you are probably right about that. And there should be a class in high school about civics. Would do this country a world of good.

I also think the passage of a 10 question civics test should be a requirement for voter registration.

Yeah, me too. But they called it "Participation in Government".

Don't know why they called it that...

.Oh please cry me a river. Postal employees as with other union members are compensated every well for their work. In fact well above the prevailing market wage for similar work.
Tell me Harry 'ol boy...where elose can you find work that allows you to "save up" sick time and vacation time until retirement and then collect a weekly paycheck until the time is exahausted....Where else can you double up on your work hours to pad your salary so you can retire at a much higher pay rate than you actual wages?
Don't complain about your job and how hard it is unless insulting the American taxpayer is one of your hobbies..
And please do not tell me you "deserve" all these goodies. You don't. No one does.
Vut now you'll tell me some nonsense about "good faith negotiations and contracts"...Bullshit. The federal government under pressure from other unions set these rules. Rules that are now economically unsustainable.

BTW, I am still waiting for that packeage to arrive via USPS.. it was mailed 7 days ago..

a UPS driver makes a few dollars an hour more than i do...get your facts straight....and the guys since around 84 cannot do with their sick leave like those on the Civil Service roles can do.....and double up on your work hours?.....were the hell did you get that shit?....and retire at a rate higher then what you are getting when working?....were do i sign up for that job?....Spoon....you have no idea what you are talking about....your another dipshit,on the outside looking in.....

Yeah, me too. But they called it "Participation in Government".

Don't know why they called it that...

Had to do away with civics to make room for tennis and basket weaving.

come on Rw....there have been many a Lib here that are fairly clueless themselves when they chime in about the Document....it works both ways.....a few months back a new poster was bad mouthing the Conservatives here about their lack of knowledge about the Constitution and went on to tell us how much HE knew about it.....the dipshit was quoting the Declaration of Independence...:lol:...he got laughed off the board...i havent seen him back since.....

I sort of feel the opposite way. Voting should be mandatory.

.Oh please cry me a river. Postal employees as with other union members are compensated every well for their work. In fact well above the prevailing market wage for similar work.

a UPS driver makes a few dollars an hour more than i do...get your facts straight....and the guys since around 84 cannot do with their sick leave like those on the Civil Service roles can do.....and double up on your work hours?.....were the hell did you get that shit?....and retire at a rate higher then what you are getting when working?....were do i sign up for that job?....Spoon....you have no idea what you are talking about....your another dipshit,on the outside looking in.....

All you guys in government worker unions work all the OT you can right before you retire to pad your pension salaries.
I am sick of listening to people who have almost 100% job security, receive muhc higher pay than market rates, have great benefits bithc and moan about how difficult their job is.
I used to work for UPS...In the locker room I overheard two guys bitching about the job.
Since I was new, I was in training and asked my supervisor "how is it that these guys are making over $50k per year and all they do is complain? BTW, this was 1984...
His answer was "it's complacency. The more they make the more they want. It's never enough".
It's so comon.
BTW harold, 9 days and my fuckin package hasn't arrived yet.. Oh I tracked it using the USPS system..It stayed in the Forest Park, GA distribution facility for FIVE DAYS....
SO much for the well oiled macine known as the United States Postal Service.
Don't tell me how hard your job is. If it's too difficult, quit and join the real world where there is no fake ( union ) job protection.

All you guys in government worker unions work all the OT you can right before you retire to pad your pension salaries.
I am sick of listening to people who have almost 100% job security, receive muhc higher pay than market rates, have great benefits bithc and moan about how difficult their job is.
I used to work for UPS...In the locker room I overheard two guys bitching about the job.
Since I was new, I was in training and asked my supervisor "how is it that these guys are making over $50k per year and all they do is complain? BTW, this was 1984...
His answer was "it's complacency. The more they make the more they want. It's never enough".
It's so comon.
BTW harold, 9 days and my fuckin package hasn't arrived yet.. Oh I tracked it using the USPS system..It stayed in the Forest Park, GA distribution facility for FIVE DAYS....
Don't tell me how hard your job is. If it's too difficult, quit and join the real world where there is no fake ( union ) job protection.

I have an idea that your that your lying, Spoon. I find it real difficult to believe that A person with OT made over 50K a year as a carrier or clerk in the post office in 1984.That would have to have been a pile of OT....and I don't buy it. Also, if you worked for the Post Office you would know that the pension is based on your base pay, NOT, BASE PAY + OVERTIME.
By the way....I worked 30 years for the post office, and loving the retirement. Now that should really piss you off, and stop your damn crying like a little sissy boy with your package. :lol:

It's so comon.
:lol:.....i agree with Meister.....you never worked for the PO....retirement is based on base pay.... you can work all the OT you want, it aint going to make no difference in your retirement......and like i said the UPS driver gets paid more.....and yea back in 84 the base pay was like 24 K a year.....boy they must of worked a hell of a lot of OT to make over 50 K.....and did i say this job was too tough?....OR did i say it was tough working for them because of the Management.....and NO ONE said the PO was well oiled except YOU....and about your package....if you would of spent a few bucks more and made it a Priority Package your package would have been there by now....i just recently bought 15 different Novels through Amazon,all came through the PO from different parts of the Country,even one came out of the UK....ALL got to my door in 2-4 days....WHY?....because i wasnt a cheap fucker and i had them all sent Priority Mail...

It's so comon.
:lol:.....i agree with Meister.....you never worked for the PO....retirement is based on base pay.... you can work all the OT you want, it aint going to make no difference in your retirement......and like i said the UPS driver gets paid more.....and yea back in 84 the base pay was like 24 K a year.....boy they must of worked a hell of a lot of OT to make over 50 K.....and did i say this job was too tough?....OR did i say it was tough working for them because of the Management.....and NO ONE said the PO was well oiled except YOU....and about your package....if you would of spent a few bucks more and made it a Priority Package your package would have been there by now....i just recently bought 15 different Novels through Amazon,all came through the PO from different parts of the Country,even one came out of the UK....ALL got to my door in 2-4 days....WHY?....because i wasnt a cheap fucker and i had them all sent Priority Mail...
Hey asswipe...package car drivers were making over $20 per hour in the mid 80's....Feeder drivers were making more.

It's so comon.
Hey asswipe...package car drivers were making over $20 per hour in the mid 80's....Feeder drivers were making more.

The post office grunts sure wasn't making that much coin. I'm thinking between 11-12 an hour back then.

what the hell is a PACKAGE car driver?.....and FEEDER driver?....all Clerks and Carriers and Postal Truck drivers during the 80's made the same money no matter what you did.....the only difference in pay was the night time differential or if you were a T-6.....your the ASSWIPE trying to pass yourself off as someone who worked for the PO in the 80's.....every fucking thing you have said so far has been BULLSHIT.....

No postage increase beyond rate of inflation. :clap2:

That is the good news...bad news is Obama will soon sign a $6,000,000,000 emergency bill to give to the Post Office so it can pay retiree benefits. :evil:

You see...the board also found the the Post Office woes are not due to the recession; they are due to employee compensation and benefits that are far and away better than the private sector.
The board also found that a postal increase will not stop the real problem: a pension fund that is immpossible to pay for.
Gee...maybe they should consider that an average of $27 per hour for someone to pass mail around is just a wee bit high..or excessive holidays that cause overtime might be an issue, or fantastic benefits better than the private sector...etc. etc. etc.

Well I certainly understand your complaints, but didn't those retirees live up to the terms of the contracts they signed?

So don't you think that NOW the USPS has an obligation to fulfill the terms of those contracts, too?

No postage increase beyond rate of inflation. :clap2:

That is the good news...bad news is Obama will soon sign a $6,000,000,000 emergency bill to give to the Post Office so it can pay retiree benefits. :evil:

You see...the board also found the the Post Office woes are not due to the recession; they are due to employee compensation and benefits that are far and away better than the private sector. The board also found that a postal increase will not stop the real problem: a pension fund that is immpossible to pay for.
Gee...maybe they should consider that an average of $27 per hour for someone to pass mail around is just a wee bit high..or excessive holidays that cause overtime might be an issue, or fantastic benefits better than the private sector...etc. etc. etc.

I think the biggest "woe" may not be employee retirement compensation, but quite possibly it has more to do with today's technology has taken a lion size bite out of the snail mail business, would you agree?

Average $27 for a carrier? I would like to see your source for this....if you can produce it.

Last edited:

The post office grunts sure wasn't making that much coin. I'm thinking between 11-12 an hour back then.

Correct....I applied to the PO in 1982. Took the test and killed it. Never got called. Affirmative action quotas..That's what my carrier told me. AA.
Starting pay was $11.40 per hour

Forum List

Back