post your fave full length documentary's thread

I have MANY, but one of my favorites is A&E's Hunt for Jack the Ripper.

It gives you a run down of the case,all suspects, differing views and theories of authors etc..

Another I like in the same vein is the documentary, either by The History Channel or A&E (can't remember) of The Man In The Iron Mask.

Thanks Eots I didnt know you could watch the film online. It was a great documentary.

SUNSET STORY is a funny and intimate documentary drama that will make you think differently about growing old. Set against the backdrop of a retirement home for political progressives, the film goes inside the world of two women, Irja (81) and Lucille (95), whose feisty engagement with life draws them together inextricably.

Deep in the heart of central Los Angeles, in a neighborhood bustling with immigrant Latino and Korean families, lies a fascinating anomaly. A "retirement home for free-thinking elderly," founded in 1923, Sunset Hall integrates aging with progressive activism, giving residents the opportunity to engage daily with causes they hold dear. The library, overflowing with books and adorned with a bust of Lenin and a portrait of Paul Robeson, is the site of many a heated debate. Bingo, dismissed by one resident as "a ridiculous game," is categorically rejected.

Yet, as their bodies and minds deteriorate, the 25 Sunset Hall residents, aged 65 to 101, struggle to participate in these lively activities. In the midst of a lecture, discussion or meal, many will doze or stare off into space; others will insert non-sequiturs or belligerent remarks; still others remain in the common living room, glued to the television.

Sunset Story

I couldnt find it on you tube eots but it was a charming documentary about a retirement home for political radicals.

Forum List

Back