Post your election predictions here

Obama between 300-320 electoral votes. GOP takes the Senate (it may be too good to be true to hope for the Democrats keeping the Senate but I would like it if it does). GOP keeps the House.

That might be the frustrating thing for Dems if Obama resecures office: Continued obstructionism from the Rethuglicans in the other branches.

funny thing

when clinton had to deal with a gop house and senate the country thrived

when bush had to deal with a dem house and senate the country tanked

So it would seem a the gop stopping a prog Pres from fucking over the country is a good thing.

Not really. The repeal of Glass-Steagall caused the financial collapse.

Glass-Steagall was repealed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Gramm, Leach, and Bliley were all Republicans and the legislation was passed by a Republican majority. What's more, the legislation was veto-proof. Even if Clinton were solely reponsible for the repeal (which is false), why would Republicans care? They're the ones who are always waving the deregulation banner, and it's the current crop of Republicans who are pushing for further deregulation.

When Republicans chastise Clinton over the Glass-Steagall repeal, what they are effectively saying is this: "How dare you sign off on Republican legislation! Don't you know we can't be trusted? Don't ever believe us again!"

That might be the frustrating thing for Dems if Obama resecures office: Continued obstructionism from the Rethuglicans in the other branches.

funny thing

So it would seem a the gop stopping a prog Pres from fucking over the country is a good thing.

Not really. The repeal of Glass-Steagall caused the financial collapse.Glass-Steagall was repealed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Gramm, Leach, and Bliley were all Republicans and the legislation was passed by a Republican majority. What's more, the legislation was veto-proof. Even if Clinton were solely reponsible for the repeal (which is false), why would Republicans care? They're the ones who are always waving the deregulation banner, and it's the current crop of Republicans who are pushing for further deregulation.

When Republicans chastise Clinton over the Glass-Steagall repeal, what they are effectively saying is this: "How dare you sign off on Republican legislation! Don't you know we can't be trusted? Don't ever believe us again!"

No. No, it did not.

Hard to say on the Prez race... But I think Romney has some momentum, so at this time (without seeing last debate yet) I think Romney takes it away from Obamalama... 50 or 51 seats in the senate to the Reps, no significant gain or loss in the house

Go watch the last debate. Romney was done after his idiotic comments on Libya and "Binders full of women".

funny thing

Not really. The repeal of Glass-Steagall caused the financial collapse.Glass-Steagall was repealed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Gramm, Leach, and Bliley were all Republicans and the legislation was passed by a Republican majority. What's more, the legislation was veto-proof. Even if Clinton were solely reponsible for the repeal (which is false), why would Republicans care? They're the ones who are always waving the deregulation banner, and it's the current crop of Republicans who are pushing for further deregulation.

No. No, it did not.

Not for nothing did US billionaire Warren Buffett call them the real ‘weapons of mass destruction’

By Margareta Pagano and Simon Evans
12 October 12 2008

The market is worth more than $516 trillion, (£303 trillion), roughly 10 times the value of the entire world’s output: it’s been called the “ticking time-bomb”.

It’s a market in which the lead protagonists – typically aggressive, highly educated, and now wealthy young men – have flourished in the derivatives boom. But it’s a market that is set to come to a crashing halt – the Great Unwind has begun.

Last week the beginning of the end started for many hedge funds with the combination of diving market values and worried investors pulling out their cash for safer climes.

Some of the world’s biggest hedge funds – SAC Capital, Lone Pine and Tiger Global – all revealed they were sitting on double-digit losses this year. September’s falls wiped out any profits made in the rest of the year. Polygon, once a darling of the London hedge fund circuit, last week said it was capping the basic salaries of its managers to £100,000 each. Not bad for the average punter but some way off the tens of millions plundered by these hotshots during the good times. But few will be shedding any tears.

The complex and opaque derivatives markets in which these hedge funds played has been dubbed the world’s biggest black hole because they operate outside of the grasp of governments, tax inspectors and regulators. They operate in a parallel, shadow world to the rest of the banking system. They are private contracts between two companies or institutions which can’t be controlled or properly assessed. In themselves derivative contracts are not dangerous, but if one of them should go wrong – the bad 2 per cent as it’s been called – then it is the domino effect which could be so enormous and scary.

A £516 trillion derivatives ‘time-bomb’ « Did You Know

Hard to say on the Prez race... But I think Romney has some momentum, so at this time (without seeing last debate yet) I think Romney takes it away from Obamalama... 50 or 51 seats in the senate to the Reps, no significant gain or loss in the house

Go watch the last debate. Romney was done after his idiotic comments on Libya and "Binders full of women".

You are indeed a hyper-partisan hack.. if you do not or did not understand the binder comment, you are just plain stupid... otherwise you just like regurgitating whacko zingers from leftwing blow hards

Romney and Obamalama were both mediocre and took the 3rd debate to a draw.. Romney looked bad on the Iran statements, Obama looked bad with his blatant lying once again

That's all the Obamanites have left... Bindergate.

Won't help you.

You are indeed a hyper-partisan hack.. if you do not or did not understand the binder comment, you are just plain stupid... otherwise you just like regurgitating whacko zingers from leftwing blow hards

Romney and Obamalama were both mediocre and took the 3rd debate to a draw.. Romney looked bad on the Iran statements, Obama looked bad with his blatant lying once again

Really? I have not watched it in its entirety yet but I was taken aback in the segments that I did listen to because Romney was floundering HARD. It just seemed like he was allowing the president to walk all over him and command the debate, something Romney cannot allow in his position.

As far as the election, I guess a slim win for Obama, dems loosing seats in the senate and the house looking much the same. I don’t think the R’s are going to take the senate but they should take a few seats.

Really? I have not watched it in its entirety yet but I was taken aback in the segments that I did listen to because Romney was floundering HARD. It just seemed like he was allowing the president to walk all over him and command the debate, something Romney cannot allow in his position.

As far as the election, I guess a slim win for Obama, dems loosing seats in the senate and the house looking much the same. I don’t think the R’s are going to take the senate but they should take a few seats.

Oh, no doubt Romney could have been better or 'more in command', but he was not without striking back etc... But Obamalama was caught up in so many whopper lies, it brought him down... You can be boisterous and aggressive all you want, but when it is based in bullshit it is still bullshit... Nobody changed any minds because of the 3rd debate performance of either

I am wondering about the effects of the debate. I don’t think we actually know if it had any effect yet. There has not been enough time.

I contend that your last statement about the lies is nonsense though. People don’t actually care if the candidates lie in the debates. They don’t even care what they are talking about. Generally , it is all about style and flair. Not taking control is far more damaging than lying in any way. They prove this over and over again. This is far more truthful than I like to admit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg]Family Guy - Undecided Voters - YouTube[/ame]

Really, the whoppers are not the issue, it is whether or not Romney came out looking better than Obama.

Obama wins all the states he won in 2008 except Indiana and North Carolina.

Dems hold the senate, maybe losing one seat.

Dems take about 15 seats in the House, including ridding the world of such noxious teabaggers as Joe Walsh (IL-8).

In your dreams!

Pres Romney will win by a huge margin on a par with Pres Reagan.

The GOP will win 5 seats in the Senate - sending Dingy Harry to the back bench.

At least 100 more GOP reps will be elected. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh, I understood the comment pretty well.

What Obama was saying gosh, he didn't know any qualified women, so he had to go to women's groups to find them.

Had nothing to do with what he asked, which was about equal pay.

Or that he actually didn't find those women, a non-partisan group did.

Obama wins all the states he won in 2008 except Indiana and North Carolina.

Dems hold the senate, maybe losing one seat.

Dems take about 15 seats in the House, including ridding the world of such noxious teabaggers as Joe Walsh (IL-8).

In your dreams!

Pres Romney will win by a huge margin on a par with Pres Reagan.

The GOP will win 5 seats in the Senate - sending Dingy Harry to the back bench.

At least 100 more GOP reps will be elected. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Have you ever had any concussions in your life?

Forum List

Back