Post Rapture Toughts

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
Now I've witnessed several well publicized "predictions" of the End-of days and the rapture come and go in my life thus far....and I've noticed several constants.

1 - the self proclaimed prophets NEVER give up their claim to religious insight or paranormal abilities.
2 - these prophets and preachers/reverends STILL have a sizeable amount of followers after their very public screw up.
3 - only a brief follow up of all the followers and their leaders is done after the humiliation of publically being proven wrong.
4 - the word CULT is NEVER used when talking about these folks.

And #4 is what really concerns me. Think about it...you had people all over this country actually give up their possessions, take time from their lives and jobs to run around handing out leaflets and standing on corners with bull horns "preaching the message", and giving their hard earned money to various "churches" where the clergy leader(s) has given them the "word". One joker, 89 year old Harold Camping who's a millionaire owning dozens of radio stations for his "Family Radio" programs (aimed at "christian" families) made millions of dollars in donations prior to the predicted doomsday....the idea that those left behind and NOT raptured would need to be guided by Campings church to survive the apocalypse and get right with God.

Sounds like a cult to me....but our media will NEVER (in my humble opinion) call these actions "cultish" because they are based on an interpretation of the Bible....and let's face it, the Catholic church wields a lot of political power in America...and although the neither the Arch Bishop or the Pope in Rome have condoned or supported all this doomsday nonsense, they're hesitant to just come out and say that the parts of the Bible that talk about doomsday is more metaphorical than prophetical. Maybe they're annoyed at all these people NOT waiting for the "official" word on the rapture and doomsday? Anyway, calling any derivative of catholicism a "cult" if NOT something we're likely to see soon.
And what would happen if the Pope or one of his arch-bishops actually sounded the doomsday alarm? Would we see a repeat of the last week increased 100 fold? I mean, what the hell is the difference between this and a bunch of Scientologists, or "moonies" or followers of "Rama" or what have you? This scares me to some degree, because like some grade B horror movie from the 1970's, these people are EVERYWHERE in our society...here in New York City you had a retired Metro Transport Authority worker give up his life savings to buy billboards and such to announce the coming rapture. Did this guy seem rational during his years of service? What would happen if the preachers of this nonsense decided that God and the Bible decrees that heretics, atheists, agnostics, blasphemers and worshippers of false gods be "smited"...or made war against as decreed by Revelations? Because remember, there is no set number of folk that are supposed to be raptured, so a few of the faithful go into hiding, the preachers cry "rapture", and the war between good and evil begins.

Well, the befuddled retired MTA worker was swarmed by the press yeserday after the deadline for death/rapture came and went without incident, he stated, "...I don't know what happened. I don't understand". Well, now financially strapped, maybe he can borrow a few dollars from his relgious mentor Camping...unless Camping has been "raptured" to parts unknown that does not have extradition agreements with the USA.

• Banned
People fall for false prophets all the time and will continue to do so. Take Obama, for example.

Actually, Fools like xsited1 just keep repeating the bogus "messiah" noise that was started by neocon pundits during the 2008 campaign.....NO person who voted for Obama called him the messiah or considered him a prophet, and I defy jokers like xsited1 to prove otherwise.

I surprised xsited1 isn't working for Camping! :razz:

What I find interesting about this "religious" predictor, he based his claim, not on any sort of communication from God, but some complex formula he "reasoned" out for himself. He thought he was so much smarter than everyone else for having "figured it out."

If someone proposes to teach about something God is planning to do based on his own methods and has no communication with God, you can safely ignore them. God speaks for Himself when He plans on doing things.

Actually Duh Lawd did stop by the other day. Like his last appearance,to Moses Goldenfarber, I heard his voice come from the volcano.
He said " Douger. You are right. This planet is full of fucking morons and I cannot find even one worthy of transporting to my realm in the other dimension".
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yep. The mushrooms here are every bit as potent as those in the middle east.

Attachments

• $p2130030a.jpg
    $p2130030a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 58
People fall for false prophets all the time and will continue to do so. Take Obama, for example.

Actually, Fools like xsited1 just keep repeating the bogus "messiah" noise that was started by neocon pundits during the 2008 campaign.....NO person who voted for Obama called him the messiah or considered him a prophet, and I defy jokers like xsited1 to prove otherwise.

Be careful. Using the word 'fool' can send you straight to Hell.

Don't get your panties in a wad. Obama promised Hope and Change and some people fell for it. Now those with brains regret their decision. Anyhow, here's a great website on the 'Messiah' thing. It really should be a red flag for those who have even the most miniscule reasoning skills.

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

• Banned
What I find interesting about this "religious" predictor, he based his claim, not on any sort of communication from God, but some complex formula he "reasoned" out for himself. He thought he was so much smarter than everyone else for having "figured it out."

If someone proposes to teach about something God is planning to do based on his own methods and has no communication with God, you can safely ignore them. God speaks for Himself when He plans on doing things.

What's sad is that Camping is NOT unique....check out your TV on Saturday and Sunday mornings and early afternoon...there's always some clown claiming to be a prophet or offering miracle cures or telling people how to live or act or vote, etc....and all with either Bible in hand or a plethora of quotations. They don't scare me as much as the followers.

I'm disappointed with this and I need to return my frying pan.
Now to see the look on their faces when the return says "Was for zombies, They did not show"

Be careful. Using the word 'fool' can send you straight to Hell. Not if you're telling the truth.

Don't get your panties in a wad. Obama promised Hope and Change and some people fell for it. Now those with brains regret their decision. Anyhow, here's a great website on the 'Messiah' thing. It really should be a red flag for those who have even the most miniscule reasoning skills.

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

You should stop using panty wads for brains. YOU are the one with an axe to grind about the President so bad that you inject it into a discussion about rapture clowns. And when I rightly point out that it wasn't Obama's supporters, but a bunch of neocon parrots, pundits and politicos that started the whole "messiah" thing, YOU don't have the cojones to just own up to that truth. So instead, you smokescreen with some blogger bullshit a'la a Rove inspired 2008 campaign that doesn't change what I said one iota.

Now, that being said, you have anything to add that's relevent to the opening post? If not, I'll just let you bullhorn the last insipid word and move on.

Last edited:
We are the ones we have been waiting for!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=molWTfv8TYw]YouTube - ‪Obama "We are the ones we have been waiting for"‬‏[/ame]

well, you maybe....

I don't have a clue as to when the Lord shall return in all of His glory. Neither does any other man. However, there are plenty of wars, earthquakes, floods, and other signs that indicate the end is nearer than ever before. Instead of laughing at what religion says about His return, maybe you should be making yourself ready. As American Legacy says, along with the Bible, "No man knows the hour or the day..."

I don't have a clue as to when the Lord shall return in all of His glory. Neither does any other man. However, there are plenty of wars, earthquakes, floods, and other signs that indicate the end is nearer than ever before. Instead of laughing at what religion says about His return, maybe you should be making yourself ready. As American Legacy says, along with the Bible, "No man knows the hour or the day..."

How about this...instead of arguing and killing each other over religion, why don't we all learn to share and be nice to each other? Couldn't hurt.

I got an intestinal flu that night. Kept me down for 2 days. I thought I was going to die. Does that count as a rapture?

It would be wise. That is my biggest concern. That people like Camping will turn the glorious truth of the Lord's coming into a joke and that the people won't prepare their lives.

The fact is whether the Lord comes tomorrow or hundreds of years from now, our society has a great need of repentence. If we don't as individuals find God and change our lives, there will be much suffering and many dying from the natural consequences of our choices. Call them the judgments of God if you want.

Our economy is suffering because we are dishonest, idle, careless with our money and time, corrupt, stirred up to hate our brother because of his success/wealth or lack thereof. We are a covetous and selfish people. We are a people who are largely ignoring our family responsibilities. And we need to change that. We have to turn away from it. Government can't fix that power. The law can't govern those who break the law.

Our economy is suffering because of this. Our government is ineffectual because of this. It's time we stop trying to gloss over the symptoms and start addressing the problem. And that problem is us as individuals are not governing ourselves with virtue and civility.

If we have faith, true faith, we will let the Lord transform us into the people He wants us to be by obeying His Counsel. And as we keep the Counsel of the Lord, we will prosper in the land. And if we don't, we will be wiped off the land.

The Lord will come when He wants to. We have to rise up to our responsibilities now.

How about this...instead of arguing and killing each other over religion, why don't we all learn to share and be nice to each other? Couldn't hurt.

When was the last time someone killed you over religion?

And we are sharing the Gospel with you and everyone. What greater gift can we share?

Now I've witnessed several well publicized "predictions" of the End-of days and the rapture come and go in my life thus far....and I've noticed several constants.

1 - the self proclaimed prophets NEVER give up their claim to religious insight or paranormal abilities.
2 - these prophets and preachers/reverends STILL have a sizeable amount of followers after their very public screw up.
3 - only a brief follow up of all the followers and their leaders is done after the humiliation of publically being proven wrong.
4 - the word CULT is NEVER used when talking about these folks.

And #4 is what really concerns me. Think about it...you had people all over this country actually give up their possessions, take time from their lives and jobs to run around handing out leaflets and standing on corners with bull horns "preaching the message", and giving their hard earned money to various "churches" where the clergy leader(s) has given them the "word". One joker, 89 year old Harold Camping who's a millionaire owning dozens of radio stations for his "Family Radio" programs (aimed at "christian" families) made millions of dollars in donations prior to the predicted doomsday....the idea that those left behind and NOT raptured would need to be guided by Campings church to survive the apocalypse and get right with God.

Sounds like a cult to me....but our media will NEVER (in my humble opinion) call these actions "cultish" because they are based on an interpretation of the Bible....and let's face it, the Catholic church wields a lot of political power in America...and although the neither the Arch Bishop or the Pope in Rome have condoned or supported all this doomsday nonsense, they're hesitant to just come out and say that the parts of the Bible that talk about doomsday is more metaphorical than prophetical. Maybe they're annoyed at all these people NOT waiting for the "official" word on the rapture and doomsday? Anyway, calling any derivative of catholicism a "cult" if NOT something we're likely to see soon.
And what would happen if the Pope or one of his arch-bishops actually sounded the doomsday alarm? Would we see a repeat of the last week increased 100 fold? I mean, what the hell is the difference between this and a bunch of Scientologists, or "moonies" or followers of "Rama" or what have you? This scares me to some degree, because like some grade B horror movie from the 1970's, these people are EVERYWHERE in our society...here in New York City you had a retired Metro Transport Authority worker give up his life savings to buy billboards and such to announce the coming rapture. Did this guy seem rational during his years of service? What would happen if the preachers of this nonsense decided that God and the Bible decrees that heretics, atheists, agnostics, blasphemers and worshippers of false gods be "smited"...or made war against as decreed by Revelations? Because remember, there is no set number of folk that are supposed to be raptured, so a few of the faithful go into hiding, the preachers cry "rapture", and the war between good and evil begins.

Well, the befuddled retired MTA worker was swarmed by the press yeserday after the deadline for death/rapture came and went without incident, he stated, "...I don't know what happened. I don't understand". Well, now financially strapped, maybe he can borrow a few dollars from his relgious mentor Camping...unless Camping has been "raptured" to parts unknown that does not have extradition agreements with the USA.

Just because someone makes a false prediction about something it does not make the people who believed him members of a cult. That is true even when the followers refuse to admit he was wrong despite the massive evidence. I have to admit that I think Obamazombies are actually a cult, but that is my personal opinion. The rest of the world just looked at the prediction about the stimulus keeping unemployment below 8% and shrugged at those who believed.

I understand that there are people that help people like you if you want help.

Dailymotion - Barak Obama Cult Deprogramming Guide - a Sexy video

Forum List

Back