Post Offices

noone

Rookie
Mar 11, 2012
Hi all
I came to this forum while searching on google for economic / business / marketing / finances topics forums. Im not sure if anyone is able to answer my question but I think I might be on correct place from where I could get pointed to some more appropriate location.

Does anyone know perhaps if exist any application (no matter if desktop or web) where I could calculate the approximate (or exact) shipping time for any kind of letter/package shipped on any way (note: there are several ways of shipping) for ALL countries on earth? For example: What approximate (or exact) shipping time would be if shipping from X to Y country where X and Y can be ANY country? If application would have an option of choosing city then it would be even better but not needed. Instead of application, it could be also some kind of tables or anything but not books because they would be most likely outdated and I need updated datas. I cannot ask on the local post office due to obvious reasons: they will know just about approximate (or exact) shipping time FROM or TO our country and won't even care about other countries. For sure they won't care whats happening on the other side of the earth and how much does the shipping time takes. I repeat that Im asking for post offices and not shipping services as fedex / ups etc.

If you aren't sure or don't know: where else could I ask the same question?

I'd say a better place to start would be the post office. Don't ask me why but something tells me they would have the information you're looking for.
Just a thought.

I asked and they don't and cannot have the information.. How could they know what is happening on another continent thousands of kms away between two ''unknown'' countries? I got an answer similar to this question.

Hi all
I came to this forum while searching on google for economic / business / marketing / finances topics forums. Im not sure if anyone is able to answer my question but I think I might be on correct place from where I could get pointed to some more appropriate location.

Does anyone know perhaps if exist any application (no matter if desktop or web) where I could calculate the approximate (or exact) shipping time for any kind of letter/package shipped on any way (note: there are several ways of shipping) for ALL countries on earth? For example: What approximate (or exact) shipping time would be if shipping from X to Y country where X and Y can be ANY country? If application would have an option of choosing city then it would be even better but not needed. Instead of application, it could be also some kind of tables or anything but not books because they would be most likely outdated and I need updated datas. I cannot ask on the local post office due to obvious reasons: they will know just about approximate (or exact) shipping time FROM or TO our country and won't even care about other countries. For sure they won't care whats happening on the other side of the earth and how much does the shipping time takes. I repeat that Im asking for post offices and not shipping services as fedex / ups etc.

Why don't you get a large crate and mail yourself to Tehran. Report back as to how long it takes.

Thanks

Good question and this is obviously teh place to get this information.

Hey I have a question too.

My electric bill doesn't make any sense.

Can you explain it to me?

Hi all

Honestly, what you are looking for does not exist, for a multitude of reasons.

Oh and I have a question. Why do you want this information?

Last edited:
Good question and this is obviously teh place to get this information.

Hey I have a question too.

My electric bill doesn't make any sense.

Can you explain it to me?

I dunno but somehow I have to pay school tax on electricity.

Ringel05 I was asking for shipping time calculator and not price calculator. I think you haven't understood the question. Also I was asking from X country to Y country where both two variables equal to ANY country to earth. But on your link is this just Y country. X is always USA. That doesn't answer the question. Assuming to the google search (257 countries on earth) I am looking for 66049 updated datas (257 * 257 = from any country can be shipped to any other one).
You asked me why would I need this. Its for business purposes of developing the software. So I can pass up the information to hired programmer.

I am aware that I might came to the wrong forum butI would appreciate, if anyone knows, the recommendation where else should I ask.

Last edited:
Ringel05 I was asking for shipping time calculator and not price calculator. I think you haven't understood the question. Also I was asking from X country to Y country where both two variables equal to ANY country to earth. But on your link is this just Y country. X is always USA. That doesn't answer the question. Assuming to the google search (257 countries on earth) I am looking for 66049 updated datas (257 * 257 = from any country can be shipped to any other one).
You asked me why would I need this. Its for business purposes of developing the software. So I can pass up the information to hired programmer.

I am aware that I might came to the wrong forum butI would appreciate, if anyone knows, the recommendation where else should I ask.

Unfortunately I still believe what you are looking for doesn't exist since not all countries allow shipping to one another and even that varies from country to country. Add to that the time factor which in many cases is unpredictable based on a wide range of factors not to mention just having to deal with customs in a large number of countries and their internal distribution structure.
Hell, a package from China to the US can take anywhere from a week to 6 weeks if it doesn't get caught up in customs.

Does everyone know that in the 2006/07 lame duck session, right before Pelosi and Reed took over, when the GOP were on their way out, the Republicans secretly passed a law that required the Post office to fund its pension for the next 75 years. Why would Republicans do that? They don't care about Pensions.

PacificSun.com - Town Square Topic

The only possible reason is they want to bankrupt the Post office and privatize it. Then steal the pension fund, which is in the billions or trillions.

What's wrong with privatizing the PO? I go to mail 6 little credit card sized gift cards to Switzerland and I take it to a private corporation. I won't say the name, UPS. Anyways, the cheapest way was $60.

The Post office did it for $8.70.

works the other way than you think. It guarantees government ownership by making it impossible for the new owner to meet the pension.

The Amtrack unions have a similar deal. Only for them, it is 99 years

Forum List

Back