post mortem on Moore, the least qualified candidate

a loss for words

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2017
upper left corner of the republic
A spectacular quote from Josh Holmes, a former top aide to Mitch McConnell, in the Washington Post: “If I had the top five Republican minds in politics and we spent three months attempting to conceive of a way to lose an Alabama Senate race, I’m not sure that we could come up with it. You could literally take any name out of a phone book except Roy Moore’s and win by double digits. And we managed to get the only guy in Alabama that could lose to a Democrat.”

That was Roy

Yep, he didn’t win for a reason. I felt the same about Trump, you could have pick any Democrat to run against Trump and they would have won by a landslide with 65% of the vote and they choose Hillary, the only person that could lose.

You have to wonder what goes through the minds of the strategists. Boggles my mind.

Yep, he didn’t win for a reason. I felt the same about Trump, you could have pick any Democrat to run against Trump and they would have won by a landslide with 65% of the vote and they choose Hillary, the only person that could lose.

You have to wonder what goes through the minds of the strategists. Boggles my mind.

Yet Clinton received 2.9 million more votes; John Edwards, John Kerry, and Howard Dean would have been demolished.

Yet Clinton received 2.9 million more votes; John Edwards, John Kerry, and Howard Dean would have been demolished.

Not necessarily, both Trump and Clinton invoked strong negative reactions and it spurred more people to vote against a candidate rather than for. Had Sanders won the primaries, or Kasich or a number of candidates, the vote totals would have been different. In fact I think if Sanders had won the primaries then he would have been President.

The bottom line I went third party because the choices were so bad. Had anyone other than Clinton, Trump or Cruz won the nomination my pick would have been easy, the reason the large number of third party votes was because of the Trump and Clinton. In a couple of states had the third party not been strong we would of had Clinton in the WH.

The GOP dodged a bullet on this election. Justified or not, Moore would have become the poster boy for sexual abuse (and Trump by association). Tax Reform will hopefully pass before Jones is seated, and then the Dems can block repeal of Obamacare. Great positioning for the 2018 midterms.

I figured out what happened in this Alabama senate race. Roy Moore was jumping up and down screaming that 'God was on his side'. But The Lord has a sense of humor. He decided to play Lucy to Roy Moore's Charlie Brown.

Not necessarily, both Trump and Clinton invoked strong negative reactions and it spurred more people to vote against a candidate rather than for. Had Sanders won the primaries, or Kasich or a number of candidates, the vote totals would have been different. In fact I think if Sanders had won the primaries then he would have been President.

And that's the problem. Sanders would be as awful a President as trump is.

The scariest thing about 2016 is the republicans nominated a fascist and the Democrats had a communist make a strong showing. It indicates Americans have given up on Democracy.

The bottom line I went third party because the choices were so bad. Had anyone other than Clinton, Trump or Cruz won the nomination my pick would have been easy, the reason the large number of third party votes was because of the Trump and Clinton. In a couple of states had the third party not been strong we would of had Clinton in the WH.

I'm sure you feel special voting third party, but frankly, you might as well have written in "none of hte above".

Do you really think we'd have the parade of travesties we have now if Hillary had won?

And that's the problem. Sanders would be as awful a President as trump is.

The scariest thing about 2016 is the republicans nominated a fascist and the Democrats had a communist make a strong showing. It indicates Americans have given up on Democracy.

I'm sure you feel special voting third party, but frankly, you might as well have written in "none of hte above".

Do you really think we'd have the parade of travesties we have now if Hillary had won?

I don’t care that you and your friends are transvestites, that is your personal decision and your,life. I also realize that voting for the status quo will never change a thing. I accept responsibility for my vote as it was and still is about changing America and voting for the best candidate is a lot better than voting for one candidate because they are the lesser of two bad choices, which is what most of America did and got us to this point.

I don’t care that you and your friends are transvestites, that is your personal decision and your,life.

Dude, I realize I occupy a lot of space in your head, but when you start fantasizing about me in a dress, that's just taking it a bit too far.

I also realize that voting for the status quo will never change a thing. I accept responsibility for my vote as it was and still is about changing America and voting for the best candidate is a lot better than voting for one candidate because they are the lesser of two bad choices, which is what most of America did and got us to this point.

Well, first, I've never saw you tell us which third party loser you voted for. NOne of them were as qualified as Mrs. Clinton. Yes, there's a whole lot about Mrs. C you could criticize and should. But at the end of the day, this was about who could run the country.

Sorry, Gary "I promise not to smoke dope in the White House" Johnson wasn't that guy. Neither was Mormon McCullough, or Jill Stein.

What got us to this point is 40 years of Republicans getting stupid white people to vote against their own best interests by playing on their racial, religious and sexual fears.

Nobody in his right mind would ever vote for, "I want to work harder for less money and less rights at work". If the GOP Came out and said that's what htey were for, they'd never get votes. But tell them that Shiftless Negro wants half their cookie, they'll vote for you every time.

All Trump did was say this louder and with less shame, and the deplorables ate it up.

But I don't put all the blame on the deplorables. I put the blame on educated republicans who should have known better, but still just couldn't stand the thought of Hillary beating them.

Used to be in this country, when a major party shit the bed and nominated a Goldwater or a McGovern, someone who was too crazy to be near the nukes, they voted for the other guy, EVEN IF THEY THOUGHT HE WAS SHIFTY. The other party learned its lesson and nominated someone more mainstream the next time.

Not this time. This time a lot of people who should have known better either voted for Trump or pissed away their vote on a third party.

I don’t care that you and your friends are transvestites, that is your personal decision and your,life.

Dude, I realize I occupy a lot of space in your head, but when you start fantasizing about me in a dress, that's just taking it a bit too far.

I also realize that voting for the status quo will never change a thing. I accept responsibility for my vote as it was and still is about changing America and voting for the best candidate is a lot better than voting for one candidate because they are the lesser of two bad choices, which is what most of America did and got us to this point.

Well, first, I've never saw you tell us which third party loser you voted for. NOne of them were as qualified as Mrs. Clinton. Yes, there's a whole lot about Mrs. C you could criticize and should. But at the end of the day, this was about who could run the country.

Sorry, Gary "I promise not to smoke dope in the White House" Johnson wasn't that guy. Neither was Mormon McCullough, or Jill Stein.

What got us to this point is 40 years of Republicans getting stupid white people to vote against their own best interests by playing on their racial, religious and sexual fears.

Nobody in his right mind would ever vote for, "I want to work harder for less money and less rights at work". If the GOP Came out and said that's what htey were for, they'd never get votes. But tell them that Shiftless Negro wants half their cookie, they'll vote for you every time.

All Trump did was say this louder and with less shame, and the deplorables ate it up.

But I don't put all the blame on the deplorables. I put the blame on educated republicans who should have known better, but still just couldn't stand the thought of Hillary beating them.

Used to be in this country, when a major party shit the bed and nominated a Goldwater or a McGovern, someone who was too crazy to be near the nukes, they voted for the other guy, EVEN IF THEY THOUGHT HE WAS SHIFTY. The other party learned its lesson and nominated someone more mainstream the next time.

Not this time. This time a lot of people who should have known better either voted for Trump or pissed away their vote on a third party.

Then why did you bring up transvestites for no reason? :dunno: So you are either one or you are a complete troll looking to flame the board.

Obama was not the most qualified when he was elected either, so that is a mute point as far as I am concerned. Character was the issue for me when it came to voting for her and I couldn’t vote for Trump. So I did what I thought was best, neither asshole and let the chips fall where they may. I was shocked that Trump won. It has been the only Presidential election that I didn’t watch because the choices were so bad.

hen why did you bring up transvestites for no reason? :dunno: So you are either one or you are a complete troll looking to flame the board.

Or the retard who responded couldn't tell the difference between "Travesties" and "Transvestites"

Obama was not the most qualified when he was elected either, so that is a mute point as far as I am concerned.

He was qualified enough. McCain's problem was that all he had to offer was "more of the same'. War and recession.

Character was the issue for me when it came to voting for her and I couldn’t vote for Trump. So I did what I thought was best, neither asshole and let the chips fall where they may. I was shocked that Trump won. It has been the only Presidential election that I didn’t watch because the choices were so bad.

Again, that's a copout.

You had two people of bad character, but fuck it, they're politicians, not choirboys.

Only one of them was batshit crazy with several mental issues.

hen why did you bring up transvestites for no reason? :dunno: So you are either one or you are a complete troll looking to flame the board.

Or the retard who responded couldn't tell the difference between "Travesties" and "Transvestites"

Obama was not the most qualified when he was elected either, so that is a mute point as far as I am concerned.

He was qualified enough. McCain's problem was that all he had to offer was "more of the same'. War and recession.

Character was the issue for me when it came to voting for her and I couldn’t vote for Trump. So I did what I thought was best, neither asshole and let the chips fall where they may. I was shocked that Trump won. It has been the only Presidential election that I didn’t watch because the choices were so bad.

Again, that's a copout.

You had two people of bad character, but fuck it, they're politicians, not choirboys.

Only one of them was batshit crazy with several mental issues.

That’s why I wouldn’t vote for Clinton, her mental issues.

That’s why I wouldn’t vote for Clinton, her mental issues.

Right. She had a "vagina". She might be "hysterical".

That wasn’t a problem to me.

It seemed to me that blacks voted for Obama because he was black, women voted for Clinton because she was a woman. However you get upset if someone doesn’t vote for someone because of being black, a woman, gay and so on. I would have voted for Whitman over Trump, or Clinton, or Sanders, or Cruz, or Bush and a host of others. I didn’t like Clinton and her politics, just like I didn’t like Trump and his politics, just like I didn’t like McCain and his politics, just like I didn’t like Obama and his politics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back