Post-Election Poll: 78 Percent Say Media Coverage Was Biased

Yet you don't bother including them in your claim that Fox is so HUGE.

NBC is there. I showed it, it had 270 in prime time.

And you can moan that I didn't mention ABC or CBS, well I found the statistics I found, I presented my case, you've tried to come back, not with other statistics that disprove what I've said, no, you've just said "why didn't you mention NBC", when I did. You want to make your case against mine. Fine. I'll work with that. You want to throw single sentences at me and do no work yourself. You can go find someone who's more receptive to that nonsense.

YOu are only comparing Fox to other cable services, as though that was the whole of the media, ignoring broadcast networks, newspapers, magazines, ect, ect. ect.

I tried to find a more comprehensive comparison. I could not find any.

It would serve the lefty narrative to maintain the illusion of equal voices.

There aren't equal voices?

1) Everyone and anyone can start up their own TV channel. They can make their own news channel. Is this not so?
2) People can choose which TV news to watch. Is this not so?
3) The right watch Fox. It's the only large scale right wing news outlet on TV, the left choose different channels. Is this not so?
4) Having MORE channels from the left, but with less overall viewers, does not mean there isn't "equal voices".

Fox News - Wikipedia

"As of February 2015, approximately 94,700,000 American households (81.4% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive the Fox News Channel."

So, 94.7 million viewers COULD watch Fox News if they chose to. That's out of 115 million households. Total Number of U.S. Households

So, most of the population has the choice to watch this, those who can't probably don't want to as they probably could buy a TV package that includes Fox. I don't watch TV, I don't have a TV package at all.

So what is your point here? That it's all biased? That people can't get the information they want? Oh, come off it, access to the internet is 100%, some just choose not to use it, they can go to a public library.

Yes, TV channels are biased, yes, there are left wing and there is Fox. Both are biased towards one party or the other. So what?

1. Everyone can not start up a TV channel. That you open with a lie is telling.

2. The question is not whether they have control over the channel, but whether the odds are that they will be exposed to propaganda dishonestly labeled as news.

3. Your assumption that the Right all watch Fox news is unsupported. Indeed, your own numbers shows 20% of households without cable.

4. IF the news industries are almost universally dominated by biased lefty sources, (and it is) that is a real problem for our nation.

5. It is good that more and more people are realizing that, and having more and more contempt for the media, but that is just identifying the problem, not solving it.

How is 1 a lie? There's not point in telling me something is a lie, without backing yourself up.

2. Well, the chances that someone will be exposed to biased news is about 100%, the question is who is doing the news. Fox will be biased one way, the others the other way.

3. I didn't say all the people on the right watch Fox, now did I?

4. So, if the media is based on left wing sources, then the question needs to be asked why the right are so fucking lazy as to not go out and do their own news. But I don't think you have any evidence that the news industry is based on left wing sources. Or do you?

5. People don't have contempt for the media. They have contempt for what doesn't fit their desired view of the world.

If you have ten sources, and 9 of them are screaming at the top of their lungs that the odd ball is Evul, it takes a very strong person to give that one voice equal consideration.

You lefties dominate the industry and you abuse your power to control the information that the public gets in order to control the possible conclusions they can reach.

You have to, because you cannot defend your positions or policies on their own merits.

NBC is there. I showed it, it had 270 in prime time.

And you can moan that I didn't mention ABC or CBS, well I found the statistics I found, I presented my case, you've tried to come back, not with other statistics that disprove what I've said, no, you've just said "why didn't you mention NBC", when I did. You want to make your case against mine. Fine. I'll work with that. You want to throw single sentences at me and do no work yourself. You can go find someone who's more receptive to that nonsense.

YOu are only comparing Fox to other cable services, as though that was the whole of the media, ignoring broadcast networks, newspapers, magazines, ect, ect. ect.

1) Everyone and anyone can start up their own TV channel. They can make their own news channel. Is this not so?
3) The right watch Fox. It's the only large scale right wing news outlet on TV, the left choose different channels. Is this not so?
4) Having MORE channels from the left, but with less overall viewers, does not mean there isn't "equal voices".

Fox News - Wikipedia

"As of February 2015, approximately 94,700,000 American households (81.4% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive the Fox News Channel."

So, 94.7 million viewers COULD watch Fox News if they chose to. That's out of 115 million households. Total Number of U.S. Households

So, most of the population has the choice to watch this, those who can't probably don't want to as they probably could buy a TV package that includes Fox. I don't watch TV, I don't have a TV package at all.

So what is your point here? That it's all biased? That people can't get the information they want? Oh, come off it, access to the internet is 100%, some just choose not to use it, they can go to a public library.

Yes, TV channels are biased, yes, there are left wing and there is Fox. Both are biased towards one party or the other. So what?

2. The question is not whether they have control over the channel, but whether the odds are that they will be exposed to propaganda dishonestly labeled as news.

3. Your assumption that the Right all watch Fox news is unsupported. Indeed, your own numbers shows 20% of households without cable.

4. IF the news industries are almost universally dominated by biased lefty sources, (and it is) that is a real problem for our nation.

5. It is good that more and more people are realizing that, and having more and more contempt for the media, but that is just identifying the problem, not solving it.

How is 1 a lie? There's not point in telling me something is a lie, without backing yourself up.

2. Well, the chances that someone will be exposed to biased news is about 100%, the question is who is doing the news. Fox will be biased one way, the others the other way.

4. So, if the media is based on left wing sources, then the question needs to be asked why the right are so fucking lazy as to not go out and do their own news. But I don't think you have any evidence that the news industry is based on left wing sources. Or do you?

5. People don't have contempt for the media. They have contempt for what doesn't fit their desired view of the world.

If you have ten sources, and 9 of them are screaming at the top of their lungs that the odd ball is Evul, it takes a very strong person to give that one voice equal consideration.

You lefties dominate the industry and you abuse your power to control the information that the public gets in order to control the possible conclusions they can reach.

You have to, because you cannot defend your positions or policies on their own merits.

That's such a cop out. If you have 10 sources..... well why don't the right have more sources? Your argument seems to be that the left do the work, therefore that isn't equal.... Come off it.

There's NOTHING stopping anyone going to get sources.

Fox News - Wikipedia

That's such a cop out. If you have 10 sources..... well why don't the right have more sources? Your argument seems to be that the left do the work, therefore that isn't equal.... Come off it.

There's NOTHING stopping anyone going to get sources.

You did not address my point. The left dominates and does what it can to marginalize the sources it does not control.

Control of information to the people controls their voting and support, to a great extent.

This is a huge problem for our society. ANd one that needs to be addressed, somehow.

The media either has to change or it's role and power has to be changed.

Forum List

Back